CBS Action

DXRulzDXRulz Posts: 4,317
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just noticed this appeared on LCN 90, any idea on when it launches and what hours it'll have?

Comments

• neyney Posts: 12,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope its not just a part time channel as I been looking forward to more CBS channels coming to Freeview.

Darren
  • Mr SirsMr Sirs Posts: 4,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to Wikipedia (!) it is a temporary placeholder and is moving to channel 70 on 3rd Sept:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CBS_Action
  • kasgkasg Posts: 4,718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Sirs wrote: »
    According to Wikipedia (!) it is a temporary placeholder and is moving to channel 70 on 3rd Sept:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CBS_Action
    That edit is a mess and needs fixing. I think it is extremely unlikely that it will be moving to LCN 70 on 3rd September - a month or two later, maybe.

Edit: I just deleted that information myself.
  • David WaineDavid Waine Posts: 3,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is interesting. This channel is already available as a free Internet channel on TalkTalk YouView, along with CBS Reality +1, CBS Drama and Horror. I wonder if any of those are coming to Freeview as well.
  • a516a516 Posts: 5,241
    Forum Member
    kasg wrote: »
    That edit is a mess and needs fixing. I think it is extremely unlikely that it will be moving to LCN 70 on 3rd September - a month or two later, maybe.

Edit: I just deleted that information myself.

Agreed. I'd be surprised if it changed on 3rd Sept. For those who have autotuning Freeview TVs, it probably isn't a good idea to have a children's channel suddenly replaced by an Action channel.

I also can't see the duplicate transmission of CBS Action on TalkTalk YouView lasting.
  • Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    Now all we need is CBS Drama!
  • Michael09Michael09 Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just been confirmed by CBS action that an announcement is to be made in due course according to reply I got from them after messaging their Facebook page.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted - misread post.
  • a516a516 Posts: 5,241
    Forum Member
    They've got three months to launch.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    Action and Drama are the channels worth having. Reality gets better ratings, but is tosh.

Also, more free Star Trek!
  • eladkseeladkse Posts: 1,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has appeared on the Freeview website - broadcasting 24 hours. Looks like they might be sticking with LCN 90 for a while too.

http://www.freeview.co.uk/whats-on/channels/categories/entertainment/cbs-action
  • omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    christoFar wrote: »
    Action and Drama are the channels worth having. Reality gets better ratings, but is tosh.

CBS Drama has lost its way, Today from 3pm until 3:25am there's no real drama, just hours of Judge Judy, Jerry Springer and investigation programmes all taken from CBS Reality.
  • ccb2011ccb2011 Posts: 335
    Forum Member
    CBS Drama would be ace to have, but CBS Action is def a step in the right direction. Would love the Horror Channel to join!
  • Secret-SquirrelSecret-Squirrel Posts: 1,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CBS Action isn't listed in Radio Times so wondering what programmes are carried there?
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If we could just get horror, I be so close to having all my favorite channels on the one platform....
  • hmeisterhmeister Posts: 2,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CBS Action isn't listed in Radio Times so wondering what programmes are carried there?

It's not a great channel, just endless repeats of CSI, NCIS, Bonanza and Star Trek. CBS Drama is the same with Dallas, Knots Landing and Judge Judy.

Horror Channel is good though because they show some unknown horrors but they do show too much Doctor Who.
  • chrisychrisy Posts: 9,419
    Forum Member
    hmeister wrote: »
    they do show too much Doctor Who.

Is that possible? :confused:
  • lj2010lj2010 Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    Maybe this will be a new iptv channel as part of the freeview connect service ?
  • Philip NixonPhilip Nixon Posts: 1,420
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    christoFar wrote: »

Horror channels not bad either Old Dr Who and Incredible Hulk ( "you wouldn't like me when I'm angry" )

Starts tommorow on a Horror.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lj2010 wrote: »
    Maybe this will be a new iptv channel as part of the freeview connect service ?

Nope - it's a standard over-the-air channel. IPTV channels have LCNs in the 200s.
  • hmeisterhmeister Posts: 2,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chrisy wrote: »
    Is that possible? :confused:

It's a load of crap. Horror Channel should be about horror, not some overrated kids show.
  • AngusMastAngusMast Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    CBSAction have tweeted:
    CBS Action ‏@cbsaction 54m
    @cbsaction will launch on Freeview channel number 70 on October 1st, spread the word! Retweet
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's interesting, less than a month after CBBC vacated the number, I'm surprised at that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kasg wrote: »
    That's interesting, less than a month after CBBC vacated the number, I'm surprised at that.

1 October is 28 days from now - for all intents and purposes, that's exactly a month. We know that the placeholders were to remain for a month, so it fits the timetable perfectly. Why waste any more time?