Options

Anyone seen that really scary horror film 'The Babadook'?

MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It's out in the cinemas at the moment and I'd highly recommend it if you are into really scary horrors that require some thinking.
I nearly pooped myself so many times:( It appears to be a quirky Australian film with amazing acting from the mother character and her son who is the freakiest looking child actor I think I've ever seen.
I thought the whole film was really intelligent and certainly made you think and come up with your own interpretations. However, it also fell into some typical horror cliches which it really didn't need as it cheapened some scenes.

Comments

• Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, I have not seen it yet but I will check it out. Australian horrors can be quite frightening. I remember Wolf Creek.
  • Options
    FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rfonzo wrote: »
    No, I have not seen it yet but I will check it out. Australian horrors can be quite frightening. I remember Wolf Creek.

Australia is a Horror Movie hotbed.
  • Options
    RAZORBACKRAZORBACK Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    There's some reviews on this DS thread:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2015788
  • Options
    ItsTimmyTimeItsTimmyTime Posts: 1,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw it, had some creepy moments but none overly scary. Definitely more of a psychological thriller than an out-and-out horror! I think we would have enjoyed it more if we'd realised that going into it. But definitely a good film!