BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 41)

Comments

• Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Barracute wrote: »
    It was snowing really heavy in birmingham this morning:eek: Didnt settle though and soon turned to sleet and then rain, great weather in time for Easter isnt it :confused:
    We've had flurries all day but it hasn't come to anything really. This time last week I was sitting in the garden sunning myself! :eek:
    Was the Samantha Brick article released a couple of days late by mistake?:confused:
    Deluded bint! :rolleyes:
    Hicky wrote: »
    Well i don't believe it one bit.

I can understand the dog and cat talking and writing the blog, but it's going too far trying to get me to believe they can use the scanner as well
    .:D

I thought you lot were tough?:D

I can remember in the old days before winter tyres came out and we had ice on the road.:eek:
    can you imagine?
    You're just a doubting Thomas. :p:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It started off rainy but the sun is now through and its very pleasant out. Have been for a stroll stopping off for coffee and chips along the front. Bought some fence paint so will either make a start on that or alternatively will just sit here and do bugger all :D

So you chose to go with the latter option. :D
    What colour did you get? :p
  • LittsisLittsis Posts: 11,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rhys is back. He enjoyed it but is shattered. There was some spillage but no real damage. Only one boy caused any trouble, but of a very minor sort, it is the second time he has got drunk. Rhys had three cans but stopped when his eyes felt a bit wobbly. He spoke to some girls, sometimes convos started by them, sometimes by him. None of them took his fancy.

Battersea phoned yesterday when i was out, so I may have missed the chance of Maisie aged 10. i have phoned and emailed them today, but no reply. But at least they have me in mind.

Afternoon all.
  • Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scots rool wrote: »
    So you chose to go with the latter option. :D
    What colour did you get? :p

I did indeed :D

Once more for the children - Forest Green :p:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Littsis wrote: »
    Rhys is back. He enjoyed it but is shattered. There was some spillage but no real damage. Only one boy caused any trouble, but of a very minor sort, it is the second time he has got drunk. Rhys had three cans but stopped when his eyes felt a bit wobbly. He spoke to some girls, sometimes convos started by them, sometimes by him. None of them took his fancy.

Battersea phoned yesterday when i was out, so I may have missed the chance of Maisie aged 10. i have phoned and emailed them today, but no reply. But at least they have me in mind.

Afternoon all.
    Afternoon Lits.
    Is this a dog? :eek:
    I did indeed :D

Once more for the children - Forest Green :p:D
    Boring! :yawn::p:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Afternoon Lits.

Boring! :yawn::p:D

Tasteful :p:D I want it to blend in not stick out like a sore thumb, otherwise I would have gone for pink :D
  • BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,154
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've had flurries all day but it hasn't come to anything really. This time last week I was sitting in the garden sunning myself! :eek:

Last week must seem a long time ago !:D
  • HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    It started off rainy but the sun is now through and its very pleasant out. Have been for a stroll stopping off for coffee and chips along the front. Bought some fence paint so will either make a start on that or alternatively will just sit here and do bugger all :D
    What gear are you using to paint the fence, is it a big area?
    Have you done it before?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What gear are you using to paint the fence, is it a big area?
    Have you done it before?

I can feel some advice coming on :D

We are using Cuprinol fence paint and paint brushes. It is not a large area, only about half a dozen fence panels in one particular place in the garden. No I havent done it before :D

Edit - tell a lie, its Ronseal, but expect same difference.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah, most of it has gone but it's really cold with frozen snow lying about. So much so that Nellie went running out, stopped in her tracks & about tailed it. Timo peered out of the door like a curtain twitcher & went back upstairs. :rolleyes::D

I had to laugh at the BBC news last night, a very brief mention on the snow up here, followed by, 'it's on its way down south soon, wrap up warm & be prepared'. :rolleyes:

Morning Eddy. :D

We haven't had an inch of snow but according to the BBC
    the region is coverered:rolleyes:

Just watched Look North at lunchtime, absolute dreadful attempt to make a weather story. The only thing right was that there was snow hardly enohgh to lie but they interviewd a lorry driver who says he was stuck for five hours:eek:

and manipulated footage, just like when the Scum got a couple of england fans to chuck a bottle then led with the mass riot story:mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm off to house sit brother Balders hoose tonight and tomorrow.

Make your self at home he said so I let one rip and drop kicked Fluffers over the settee :D:D

I'll start emptying his fridge of them frozen curries he has stashed :)
    Forum Member
    I can feel some advice coming on :D

We are using Cuprinol fence paint and paint brushes. It is not a large area, only about half a dozen fence panels in one particular place in the garden. No I havent done it before :D

I know it's an awful job painting the fence, can you do the other side or just your side.
    It probably does nothing to extend the life if it's one side though.

I bought the spray stuff to do some of my fence a couple of years ago, but you need a day with no wind for spraying it.

You need to get something to go along the bottom as well or it will get in a mess i would think.
    You get some good heavy duty brushes at B&Q and you need to put plenty on to get it to soak in, it doesn't go far.
    Good Luck anyway.
  • ArtemesiaArtemesia Posts: 43,241
    Forum Member

Just watched Look North at lunchtime, absolute dreadful attempt to make a weather story. The only thing right was that there was snow hardly enohgh to lie but they interviewd a lorry driver who says he was stuck for five hours:eek:

and manipulated footage, just like when the Scum got a couple of england fans to chuck a bottle then led with the mass riot story:mad:

My MIL still hasn't any electricity since teatime yesterday. She lives in Rowlands Gill, says the weather is foul....:(
    Forum Member
    Artemesia wrote: »
    My MIL still hasn't any electricity since teatime yesterday. She lives in Rowlands Gill, says the weather is foul....:(
    Has she got a BBQ she can cook food on? you don't realise how much Electric would be missed till you lose it.

At least i would be able to eat cold tinned food quite happily.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasteful I want it to blend in not stick out like a sore thumb, otherwise I would have gone for pink
    *tuts* I love my blue fences. :p:D
    Barracute wrote: »
    Last week must seem a long time ago !:D
    Certainly does! :eek:
    I can feel some advice coming on

We are using Cuprinol fence paint and paint brushes. It is not a large area, only about half a dozen fence panels in one particular place in the garden. No I havent done it before

'Tis hardly rocket science is it. :D

Just watched Look North at lunchtime, absolute dreadful attempt to make a weather story. The only thing right was that there was snow hardly enohgh to lie but they interviewd a lorry driver who says he was stuck for five hours
    ]and manipulated footage, just like when the Scum got a couple of england fans to chuck a bottle then led with the mass riot story:mad:
    :rolleyes: Unbelievable isn't it?

Bloody media, they're the scumbags IMO!

Make your self at home he said so I let one rip and drop kicked Fluffers over the settee

I'll start emptying his fridge of them frozen curries he has stashed
    Remember to put a pillow down - just in case.........:D
    I know it's an awful job painting the fence, can you do the other side or just your side.

I bought the spray stuff to do some of my fence a couple of years ago, but you need a day with no wind for spraying it.

You need to get something to go along the bottom as well or it will get in a mess i would think.
    You get some good heavy duty brushes at B&Q and you need to put plenty on to get it to soak in, it doesn't go far.
    Good Luck anyway.
    :confused: Make a mess of what, the grass, flower bed?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has she got a BBQ she can cook food on? you don't realise how much Electric would be missed till you lose it.

Elf & Safety would have something to say about that! :p
  • LittsisLittsis Posts: 11,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Afternoon Lits.
    good point! The thought of me adopting a child aged 10 would be a worry for all concerned. :D It is a dog. BB have phoned back now. She is a Jack Russell, her owners decided it was unfair to keep her when they were both working and away from the house for 9-10 hours. (Sounds a bit fishy, but BB don 't pass dogs on until they are sure their behaviours are not excessive. Rhys and I are going to visit her on Friday to see if she suits him and vice versa.
    I was never a cat lover, but I could never have another because no-one could match up to Puss and how well we suited one another. The dog will be Rhys's, but she may be company for me too when he is increasingly gadding about.

What's the snow situation with you now and forecast?

I can't quite see MIL using a BBQ after this short time of crisis. It seems a cold and slightly dodgy activity. With no electricity, remembering 1987, there are worse things than no hot food.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    good point! The thought of me adopting a child aged 10 would be a worry for all concerned. :D It is a dog. BB have phoned back now. She is a Jack Russell, her owners decided it was unfair to keep her when they were both working and away from the house for 9-10 hours. (Sounds a bit fishy, but BB don 't pass dogs on until they are sure their behaviours are not excessive. Rhys and I are going to visit her on Friday to see if she suits him and vice versa.
    I was never a cat lover, but I could never have another because no-one could match up to Puss and how well we suited one another. The dog will be Rhys's, but she may be company for me too when he is increasingly gadding about.

I can't quite see MIL using a BBQ after this short time of crisis. It seems a cold and slightly dodgy activity. With no electricity, remembering 1987, there are worse things than no hot food.
    Indeed so! :eek:

And it's taken them 10 years to come to that decision, poor wee woofs. :(

HAH! You'll be the one left with her, you'll be out walking her too. :D

It's been Ok today, pretty chilly with a few snow flurries, but better than yesterday & the snow from then has gone. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Make your self at home he said so I let one rip and drop kicked Fluffers over the settee :D:D

I'll start emptying his fridge of them frozen curries he has stashed :)

Whatever you do dont go rooting round looking for **** :p:D
  • ArtemesiaArtemesia Posts: 43,241
    Forum Member

I imagine she will drive into town and eat out, maybe she will go to her daughter's.She has a very full chest freezer out in the garage and it is looking increasingly likely that she will lose all the food in that as well as the stuff in the fridge freezer in the kitchen. It is also a worry when alarm systems can't be activated. She is very resourceful so I'm sure she will manage.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Good Luck anyway.

We are doing it, not to prolong the life but to cover up the existing horrible brown paint which has a distinct look of diarrhoea about it :D We have got some decent brushes and will remember to use plenty of paint :D
    *tuts* I love my blue fences. :p:D

Certainly does! :eek:

'Tis hardly rocket science is it. :D

:rolleyes: Unbelievable isn't it?

Bloody media, they're the scumbags IMO!

Remember to put a pillow down - just in case.........:D

:confused: Make a mess of what, the grass, flower bed?

I am quite sure they are beautiful and I do like blue as well but think the green will fade into the background and blue would just be too much in one big block - think it depends on what style of fence it is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are doing it, not to prolong the life but to cover up the existing horrible brown paint which has a distinct look of diarrhoea about it :D We have got some decent brushes and will remember to use plenty of paint :D

I am quite sure they are beautiful and I do like blue as well but think the green will fade into the background and blue would just be too much in one big block - think it depends on what style of fence it is.
    :eek::eek:
    Sounds very attractive! :D

Yes it all depends on the size & amount of fence. When I 1st moved here I painted the back garden fence Forest green, after a few years it faded & just looked like green mould, hence me changing it to blue last year. :D:D
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member

The dog rescue places have no idea how a dog will behave in a family setting, try as they might, so please assume that the dog will bite small children and chew your fancy lamps to shreds. (Did you get them?They sound magnificent. If it is not too late why not just get one instead of two?)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :eek::eek:
    Sounds very attractive! :D

Yes it all depends on the size & amount of fence. When I 1st moved here I painted the back garden fence Forest green, after a few years it faded & just looked like green mould, hence me changing it to blue last year. :D:D

The fence we are doing is featherboard so half a dozen panels of that in blue just wouldnt look right. When our Forest Green turns to mould colour we will just give it another coat :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fence we are doing is featherboard so half a dozen panels of that in blue just wouldnt look right. When our Forest Green turns to mould colour we will just give it another coat :D

I don't know what featherboard is. :confused:

Ahhhhh, I've just done a Googlesearch & can see why you would want them to be quite 'unobtrusive'.
This discussion has been closed.