Connect to tap.rubicon.com - popup

13»

Comments

• HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ads? What ads?
    DS should at least try offering a premium option for those who don't want ads.

Why would anybody pay when you have ad-blockers?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Getting this tap.rubicon alert appearing at the bottom of IE9 window and its only when I'm on this site. It seems like it wants a .js file installed but I'm not having any of it :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,342
    Forum Member
    I just started getting this popup, is there a solution to make it go away?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tnt wrote: »
    Getting this tap.rubicon alert appearing at the bottom of IE9 window and its only when I'm on this site. It seems like it wants a .js file installed but I'm not having any of it :mad:

Me too.

How do you get the alert to stop from popping up? There's an 'open' 'save' or 'cancel' option, but unfortunately no 'get this annoying shite from my screen never to come back' option. Clicking cancel only gets rid of it for a couple of minutes then it's back :(
  • MikeJWMikeJW Posts: 3,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm seeing this too. I've saved the file and it looks harmless but it's still annoying.
    Forum Member
    Me too.

How do you get the alert to stop from popping up? There's an 'open' 'save' or 'cancel' option, but unfortunately no 'get this annoying shite from my screen never to come back' option. Clicking cancel only gets rid of it for a couple of minutes then it's back :(

Exactly the same thing that's happening to me, it's bloody annoying
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As soon as I get rid of it it's back again. :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GRRR!!! This is really annoying :/
  • Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    How do you get the alert to stop from popping up? There's an 'open' 'save' or 'cancel' option, but unfortunately no 'get this annoying shite from my screen never to come back' option. Clicking cancel only gets rid of it for a couple of minutes then it's back

:D I feel your pain. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, anyone with IE9 who's seeing this, I might have a solution. Basically it's just a matter of adding the annoying popup URL to IE's "restricted sites" so it doesn't process the download request.

To give this a try, click Tools > Internet Options > Security.

Click "Restricted sites".

Click the Sites button.

Clear "http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk" or whatever else is in the top box, and enter

rubiconproject.com

instead.

Click Add.

Click Close.

Click OK.

Now, this may block the ads here and on some other sites, which may result in undesirable effects. But if you have any problems, just go to Tools > Internet Options > Security > Restricted Sites, click rubiconproject.com > Remove and everything will be back to normal.
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 50,826
    Forum Member
    Not had this come up before but it's happened several times tonight while using the forum. Anyone else getting it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D I feel your pain. :D

If I could get hold of who's responsible for this, they would be feeling the pain, believe me :D
    Forum Member
    MikeJW wrote: »
    Okay, anyone with IE9 who's seeing this, I might have a solution. Basically it's just a matter of adding the annoying popup URL to IE's "restricted sites" so it doesn't process the download request.

To give this a try, click Tools > Internet Options > Security.

Click "Restricted sites".

Click the Sites button.

Clear "http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk" or whatever else is in the top box, and enter

rubiconproject.com

instead.

Click Add.

Click Close.

Click OK.

Now, this may block the ads here and on some other sites, which may result in undesirable effects. But if you have any problems, just go to Tools > Internet Options > Security > Restricted Sites, click rubiconproject.com > Remove and everything will be back to normal.

Didn't work :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    earsnot wrote: »
    Didn't work :(
    Ack. Sorry! It did for me, but obviously the problem's more complicated than I thought.
  • SupportSupport Posts: 70,395
    Administrator
    Are all the users experiencing pop-ups using the same browser? I'll escalate it to our ad team but will need more information. What pages is this pop up occurring on?
  • David WicksDavid Wicks Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    Digital spy pages and I use internet browser.
  • LowriLowri Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are all the users experiencing pop-ups using the same browser? I'll escalate it to our ad team but will need more information. What pages is this pop up occurring on?

I'm on IE9 as well and I've got the bar at the bottom saying "do you want to open or save token.js from tap.rubiconproject.com?"

It doesn't seem to matter what page I'm on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on IE9.

The problem seems to occur at forum level. So "Home", "Forums" and "General Discussion Forums" is okay, but if I then drop to a forum then the page appears, then the ads, then the "token.js" message pops up.

(Oh, and it has come back now I've removed rubiconproject.com from "Restricted Sites", so that obviously is doing something, for me at least - I think I'll put it back.)
  • Hobbes1966Hobbes1966 Posts: 5,360
    Forum Member
    So far every time I click on a page/thread it pops up. Bloody annoying:mad:
  • PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lowri wrote: »
    I'm on IE9 as well and I've got the bar at the bottom saying "do you want to open or save token.js from tap.rubiconproject.com?"

It doesn't seem to matter what page I'm on.

Snap. Exactly the same here (on IE9).
  • SupportSupport Posts: 70,395
    Administrator
    Thanks all. Have passed on the information to our ad team. Apologies for any inconvenience being caused.
  • Richard SwanRichard Swan Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    Hi all

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

A company called Rubicon Project run a lot of our ads, and tap.rubiconproject.com is one of their servers. I'll raise this with them, but this looks very much like they've released some new code at the weekend & forgotten to remove password protection.. Will update this thread as soon as I hear back from them.
  • IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    I only get it when I return to my Virgin Webmail pages, I thought it was somehow related to them. I haven't noticed so far what site I was on before I returned to the webmail though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got so fed up with it last night I deserted IE9 for Google Chrome and installed Ad Block. No problems after that with tap.rubicon and no more adverts on Digital Spy, Facebook or You Tube either! Don't know why I waited this long, it's so much better. So I'm actually grateful to Rubicon for doing me a favour :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't have it pop up yesterday or today, hopefully it's fixed :)