The Greatest Show in the Galaxy

Tiggs99Tiggs99 Posts: 279
Forum Member
A cult Sci-Fi Convention being held at Peterborough Showground.
This Saturday and Sunday.

And I'm going.

Guests from the world of Doctor Who

John Barrowman
Freema Agyeman
Burn Gorman
Eve Myles
Naoko Mori
Gareth David-Lloyd
Tom Price
Kai Owen
Indira Varma
Sohia Myles
Noel Clarke
Colin Baker
Nicola Bryant
Frazer Hines
Sophie Aldred
Sylvester McCoy
Paul McGann
Eric Roberts
Daphne Ashbrook
Janet Fielding
John Leeson
John Levene
Deborah Watling
Peter Purves
Nick Briggs

Also cast from Allo Allo, Hi-de-Hi, Ashes to Ashes and various genres of Star Trek.

I bought tickets for the Collectormania event with David and was not able to make it. The disappointment in missing that was massive, especially missing the photo opportunity.

I only found out about this today, and Mr Tiggs says we can definitely all go. Not David, but my goodness it looks like it will be fun.

Comments

• HallamsteriscooHallamsteriscoo Posts: 21,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow Tiggs that's amazing! Hope you have a brilliant time

Me? Jealous? You bet your house I am :D
  • Tiggs99Tiggs99 Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    Thanks Hammy.

Funny enough, out all those listed I'm most excited about the opportunity to meet John Levene. I loved Benton. I hope he's just as nice in real life.
  • outsideoutside Posts: 5,610
    Forum Member
    I noticed this little jewel hidden away in your ravings, Tiggs - cast from 'Allo 'Allo and Hi-de-Hi!? :eek:

*swoon*
  • steven1977steven1977 Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IS this Peterborough as in Norfolk?
    Forum Member
    outside wrote: »
    I noticed this little jewel hidden away in your ravings, Tiggs - cast from 'Allo 'Allo and Hi-de-Hi!? :eek:

*swoon*

Well Herr Flick does have a certain something. ;)
    steven1977 wrote: »
    IS this Peterborough as in Norfolk?

Peterborough in Cambridgeshire...next county to Norfolk so not far out. :)
  • lach doch mallach doch mal Posts: 16,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm so jealous:cry::cry::cry:

Take loads of pictures.
  • nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    Hi De hi Campers! Don't fall in the pool.

Quite a list. Paul McGann :)
  • JethrykJethryk Posts: 1,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    double post
  • JethrykJethryk Posts: 1,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I'm going to this. Looking forward to it! Especially getting to meet Jeri Ryan and Miranda Raison.
    Have managed to meet most of the regular Doctor Who people before, John Levene is very nice, very chatty.

Richard Gibson and Kim Hartman (Herr Flick and Helga) were in costume the last time I saw them, managed to get a picture with them.
  • Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ACE: I still think clowns are creepy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,139
    Forum Member
    Dead jealous Tiggs. Have a great time and take lots of photos.:D
  • steven1977steven1977 Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow pretty rare to have 3 doctors in that area at the same time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha! I'm going to this as well! It's so exciting! I already have a photo shoot booked with all the cast of the Doctor Who TV Movie! :D
    Forum Member
    And I'm back after an absolutely fabulous time.

Funniest Persons - The Torchwood Group Photoshoot - just hilarious. Bad bad boys!

Friendliest Person - John Levine. Spent ages talking to him, covering everything from babies to teeth.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Tiggs,

What were the queues like? If you booked online, do you go straight in?

Thanks
    Forum Member
    Hi Tiggs,

What were the queues like? If you booked online, do you go straight in?

Thanks

If you booked online the queue to get in was quite long, whereas if you bought tickets on the gate, you virtually went straight in. Unfair, but it seems not many were buying on the gate.

The queues for the stars were long but once it go going they went down quite quickly. Expect to spend approx 1hour for people like John Barrowman, the Torchwood cast, some Star Trek photoshoots. We waited about 30mins for photos with 7th and 8th doctors. Autograph queues varied, some you could walk right up to, some you had to queue. It was a case of timing. Eg, Noel Clarke at one point had no-one at his stall, then later in the afternoon a fairly long queue was forming.

JB was clearly the star. I was unable to get an autograph, as the queue was so long. Was told to come back at 4pm but had to leave before then. I still have my paid for ticket though, so am considering going back tomorrow for the ones that I missed.

The longest queue was to purchase tickets for photoshoots/autographs if you hadn't bought them on-line. It was a good 90min queue. My advice if you need to buy tickets there take cash, the queues for cash payment are much shorter.

Hope that helps.

Tiggs :)
    Forum Member
    Sounds like you had a great time, Tiggs and you got to talk to Benton, I am such a fan too. Just what bad things were the boys doing. I hope JB and GDL were just a bit naughty. Did you get any pics of your own? I wonder if anyone got anthing for Youtube.
    Forum Member
    Tumpy wrote: »
    Sounds like you had a great time, Tiggs and you got to talk to Benton, I am such a fan too. Just what bad things were the boys doing. I hope JB and GDL were just a bit naughty. Did you get any pics of your own? I wonder if anyone got anthing for Youtube.

I really did Tumpy. The lads were just falling about laughing mostly, nearly brought the screens down that housed the photoshoot by falling into them. And yes JB and GDL were the main culprits. What they said during my photo which had to be halted whilst they pulled themselves back together, could not be repeated on an open forum. And I had to stand in the middle of them. Filthy scoundrels!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiggs99 wrote: »
    If you booked online the queue to get in was quite long, whereas if you bought tickets on the gate, you virtually went straight in. Unfair, but it seems not many were buying on the gate.

The queues for the stars were long but once it go going they went down quite quickly. Expect to spend approx 1hour for people like John Barrowman, the Torchwood cast, some Star Trek photoshoots. We waited about 30mins for photos with 7th and 8th doctors. Autograph queues varied, some you could walk right up to, some you had to queue. It was a case of timing. Eg, Noel Clarke at one point had no-one at his stall, then later in the afternoon a fairly long queue was forming.

JB was clearly the star. I was unable to get an autograph, as the queue was so long. Was told to come back at 4pm but had to leave before then. I still have my paid for ticket though, so am considering going back tomorrow for the ones that I missed.

The longest queue was to purchase tickets for photoshoots/autographs if you hadn't bought them on-line. It was a good 90min queue. My advice if you need to buy tickets there take cash, the queues for cash payment are much shorter.

Hope that helps.

Tiggs :)

Hey,

Wow! Thanks for all that insider info. :D I have prepared some cash already just in case. Sorry to hear the queue was long! I'll be sitting in that as well! :eek:

I'll report back tomorrow on my adventures! :D

Thanks
    Forum Member
    Hey,

Wow! Thanks for all that insider info. :D I have prepared some cash already just in case. Sorry to hear the queue was long! I'll be sitting in that as well! :eek:

I'll report back tomorrow on my adventures! :D

Thanks

Would love to hear what you think. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I went to this today as well! I had such a brilliant time, managed to get an autograph with a rather exhausted Barrowman but he was still lovely :) The real star to me was Burn Gorman, very very very kind and sweet.
    The full cast Torchwood talk was the main reason I went and it was good fun! I don't think in many other talks would you have the cast and audience start singing a Christmas song in May :p The cast get on so well and it really showed when they were telling us their happiest moments when filming Torchwood.
    Tiggs99 wrote: »
    And I'm back after an absolutely fabulous time.

Funniest Persons - The Torchwood Group Photoshoot - just hilarious. Bad bad boys!

Oooh you're so lucky! I just didn't have the funds for it sadly but what an amazing thing to have!!!

If you're going tomorrow you're incredibly lucky too as the crew members will have hopefully learnt the art of ticket organisation. The queues were ridiculous today. :rolleyes: And yes, take the correct amount of money to save queueing :)
    Forum Member
    Off to watch this now - just thought I'd add the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9e_-PFHwAhI
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just got back from this convention. It was a great day! I got to meet Sylvester McCoy, who was very kind and great to talk to. And also to my surprise Sophie Aldred was there as well. Luckily, I managed to get some money together and got the picture I got signed by Sylvester, signed by her too. That really made my day! I also got to chat briefly with Nick Briggs about any future episodes and shake his hand. And I got some footage of Sylvester pretending to drive the Back To The Future Delorean!

All in all, great day! A very good experience for my first convention, a very good atmosphere. Thanks to all the guys who put it together!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I all! I made a massive post here, but then decided to move it to my blog over here.

http://jelly-baby-whovian.blogspot.co.uk/

I've been able to attach some images too.

I hope this is ok!