Options

Ruby Wax looked fab on The One Show...she hasn't aged in 20 years!

cathrincathrin Posts: 4,968
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I was really impressed with how young-looking she is. She's one of those women who really "grow into" their looks, and end up looking better in their 40s and 50s than they did in their 20s.

Comments

• Options
    XassyXassy Posts: 9,365
    Forum Member
    Has she had any surgery? It seems like a lot of women these days have.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    Ruby Wax is bloody mental:eek:
  • Options
    cathrincathrin Posts: 4,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just Googled her and it turns out she's 55. I'm impressed!
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She must have had stuff done, she's just lucky that you can't tell.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure she's had 'work' but it seems to be OK at the moment. She is still funny and I don't think I've ever seen Chiles laugh so much, perhaps his suggestion that her and Gyles do holiday cover wasn't so bad.
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw her at the Oxford Union a few years back. She was a nervous wreck.

Can't stand her to be honest.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She must have had stuff done, she's just lucky that you can't tell.

perhaps. it would be an example of someone who could have a little nip or botox and still look human and just refreshed instead of plastic and melty.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good old Ruby. Sorry I missed her!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,783
    Forum Member
    She has def had work done. She looked good though!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ruby rocks.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    didnt see the one show, but i hope she looked better than she does in that virgin media advert. she looks like she died about 6 weeks previously in that one.
  • Options
    Ja'mie KingJa'mie King Posts: 8,445
    Forum Member
    She has def had work done. She looked good though!

I think so
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Xassy wrote: »
    Has she had any surgery? It seems like a lot of women these days have.

She said on several TV shows she has had "everything" done and would not lie about that fact.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stewing wrote: »
    She said on several TV shows she has had "everything" done and would not lie about that fact.

It's been done well then! She always was a striking looking woman, not beautiful in the conventional sense but definately attractive.

Many years ago I used to work in the customer relations department of a large telecoms company and she had a load of problems with her ISDN lines at her home office. I had to deal with her complaint and ended up speaking to her on a regular basis for about 2 months, she was a pleasure to deal with. Not whiny or pushy, just politely assertive and very patient, when things were finally sorted out she said thankyou, which is more than most people ever did.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ruby Wax said in an interview for the British Psychological Society in 2007 that she is very happy with how she has aged although she refuses to look at herself from the neck down. She attributes her lack of wrinkles to genes and La Prairie skin cream although doesn't rule out cosmetic surgery if she gets very wrinkly later on.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's on Channel 4 news at the moment. Apparently she's no longer a comedian and is billed as a 'leadership facilitator' :confused:
  • Options
    CHEE KYCHEE KY Posts: 540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks the same as in 1989 and the same act.

I love Ruby, but we are so international these days that loud mouthed yanks are a dime a dozen.
  • Options
    jill1812jill1812 Posts: 12,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LadySasha wrote: »
    Many years ago I used to work in the customer relations department of a large telecoms company and she had a load of problems with her ISDN lines at her home office. I had to deal with her complaint and ended up speaking to her on a regular basis for about 2 months, she was a pleasure to deal with. Not whiny or pushy, just politely assertive and very patient, when things were finally sorted out she said thankyou, which is more than most people ever did.

As someone who works in a call centre I love people like that.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Never mind Ruby Wax, I'm amazed that The One Show was even on TV as long ago as the thread date!

I thought it had only been infesting TV for just a few months.
  • Options
    NativeMoonNativeMoon Posts: 6,149
    Forum Member
    Mooby~ wrote: »
    She's on Channel 4 news at the moment. Apparently she's no longer a comedian and is billed as a 'leadership facilitator' :confused:

Top notch background in Psychology...

But yes - here is info on what she's doing these days

http://www.rubywax.co.uk/
  • Options
    Mrs BBVMrs BBV Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met her at a party about 20 years ago and she doesn't look a day older today then she did then.

The other thing that shocked me was that she's absolutely tiny, you could pop her in your pocket.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She has admitted to lots of work done
  • Options
    SG-1SG-1 Posts: 16,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cathrin wrote: »
    I was really impressed with how young-looking she is. She's one of those women who really "grow into" their looks, and end up looking better in their 40s and 50s than they did in their 20s.
    Stewing wrote: »
    She has admitted to lots of work done
    So which is it?
    Id like to ask if the OP still admires her if Stewings post is correct.
    Seems women in this forum get slated for having any sort of cosmetic surgery so does the OP still admire Ruby even if she hasnt "grown into " her looks?
  • Options
    DDRickyDDDDRickyDD Posts: 5,251
    Forum Member
    cathrin wrote: »

Yes, because they can afford plastic surgeons in their 40' and 50's.