Options

Do the ratings prove this forum is out of touch?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought you said if there was no LF you wouldn't watch beyond the launch show ? :p:D

Yes, and that stands. I've seen short snippets, just enough to give me ammunition for my endless harping on about how awful the show is. In fact I didn't even watch the whole launch show, so I have a few minutes in credit to watch the odd 30 seconds of subsequent shows ;) 30 seconds being about as much as I can stomach before the urge to chuck the telly out the window starts to kick in :eek:
  • Options
    FanntastikFanntastik Posts: 12,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrBing wrote: »
    Er, I think you're getting a bit ahead of yourself, Dan.

Call me when it averages 3.7m, like the last series of CBB.

It's doing okay now, but it's all downhill from here...
    You shouldn't hold the ratings CBB7 standards because...

1) It's on Channel 5, not 4.
    2) CBB7 was on during the winter, CBB8 is on during the summer.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, and that stands. I've seen short snippets, just enough to give me ammunition for my endless harping on about how awful the show is. In fact I didn't even watch the whole launch show, so I have a few minutes in credit to watch the odd 30 seconds of subsequent shows ;) 30 seconds being about as much as I can stomach before the urge to chuck the telly out the window starts to kick in :eek:

You won't mind if I regard your views as null and void then.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:D

To maintain an illusion of integrity one could always have a log-in for 'it's the end of da world and I'm boycotting til LF comes back' posts and another log-in for chatting about what's happening on the show. :D
  • Options
    VideostarVideostar Posts: 14,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Being "out of touch" doesn't mean wrong, mass opinion doesn't always mean itr's the right opinion.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D

To maintain an illusion of integrity one could always have a log-in for 'it's the end of da world and I'm boycotting til LF comes back' posts and another log-in for chatting about what's happening on the show. :D

Chatting about what show? There is no show.
  • Options
    Wayne DibblyWayne Dibbly Posts: 3,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    C5 3 LF moaners 0

Less is more. :p

As Jedwards combined intellect would seem to prove.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You won't mind if I regard your views as null and void then.

BB is null and void now, it'll be in keeping with the new way of things.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I love how you state all of your opinions as facts.. it's amusing.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    bob.cryer wrote: »
    Its doing well because it has 4 reality TV stars it with the addition of others.

Paddy - 8 million of MBFGW
    Amy - 2 million on TOWIE
    Jedward - 15 million TXF
    Katon - The sunday papers

Yes ,that is the truth.

I will wait and see what happens when BB gets underway and we know nothing about the contestants and have little opportunity to find out what they are like.No more WHATM threads to bring people up to date ,no threads about the days goings on.Even those who have never watched live feed have relied on the Forums to give them insight into the housemates.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No it isn't. Sorry to let you know, the show is still alive. Just ask the 2.7m that watched last night!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KillerJoe wrote: »
    I love how you state all of your opinions as facts.. it's amusing.

Amusing...but factual with it ;)

Maybe I and the thousands of people who have flooded Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and various forums are wrong and about two dozen people on here are right.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No. 2.7 million viewers are right. It amplifies the childishness of the spamming projects.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Maybe I and the thousands of people who have flooded Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and various forums are wrong and about two dozen people on here are right.

Tell that to the ratings.. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Donk25Donk25 Posts: 1,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No it doesn`t prove we are out of touch my goodness its only day 4 once the hype fades and interest fades in say a weeks time or so then you`ll see a drop in ratings

We always knew CBB wouldn`t be hit as bad as BB12, It`ll be BB12 that decides the fate of the show once and for all and if there is no live feed restored for that then My guess is it`ll fall flat on its backside without fanbase support

You gotta understand the only reason CBB8 pulled in the viewers is because of the rumoured names such as Charlie sheen Snoop Dog etc Public interest is already declining as we speek
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What about the almost 3 million that watched last night? Maybe they are right and you are wrong ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fanntastik wrote: »
    No it isn't. Sorry to let you know, the show is still alive. Just ask the 2.7m that watched last night!

Half of the audience are most likely pubescent girls who scream every time they see Jedward. If the average figure for this series is 2.7m or higher, I will parade myself down the Old Kent Road wearing nothing but an I Love Oathy top hat ;)

If BB12 is anything but a huge ratings failures (assuming they don't bring back the LF), I will burn my entire collection of BB DVDs (and that's a lot of discs, trust me :eek:).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More condescending assumptions.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Donk25 wrote: »
    No it doesn`t prove we are out of touch my goodness its only day 4 once the hype fades and interest fades in say a weeks time or so then you`ll see a drop in ratings

We always knew CBB wouldn`t be hit as bad as BB12, It`ll be BB12 that decides the fate of the show once and for all and if there is no live feed restored for that then My guess is it`ll fall flat on its backside without fanbase support

You gotta understand the only reason CBB8 pulled in the viewers is because of the rumoured names such as Charlie sheen Snoop Dog etc Public interest is already declining as we speek
    If that was the reason, why haven't the ratings plummeted yet? Interesting that last night was the highest rated Saturday HLs (in the summer) since June 2008.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let's stop the petty bickering and see what the ratings do. I personally think they'll hold up pretty well solely because of the Jedward factor. But they for sure aren't going to stay at 2.7m.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fanntastik wrote: »
    If that was the reason, why haven't the ratings plummeted yet? Interesting that last night was the highest rated Saturday HLs (in the summer) since June 2008.

Please do not use facts. Supposition and conspiracy theories are much more de rigeur round here. :D
  • Options
    Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Smoffi wrote: »
    I admit, I didn't know that the steep drop off in figures is 'normal' - I'll be interested to see if the decline continues.

However the facebook reactions cannot be denied!
    Yeah, thousands of comments compared to the millions who watch the show. Facebook isn't a good sign.
  • Options
    smile371smile371 Posts: 10,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For those people saying it's Jedwards fans who are keeping viewing figures up, can i ask why did their own reality show only manage 200,000 viewers? And why both their albums together have sold less than 100,000 copies? I think you're definitely over estimating a Jedward effect! (Sorry, don't let my facts get in the way of you hatred for the show :P)
  • Options
    thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member
    No. The massive number of people protesting all over Facebook and Twitter are mostly non-DS posters (a lot of have asked what DSBB is, many don't seem to look on any BB forums at all or even use FB/Twitter normally).

There is no question that the first three shows have proved extremely successful ratings wise. But it would be a brave - or stupid - person who claimed that any of the actual shows were an improvement over what we used to get on C4. They've been very poor indeed. This isn't so much a revamp as a massacre.

It's obvious that the early shows are going to get a lot of attention. X Factor started last night and there were a lot of people probably having a look at CBB who wouldn't normally. The presence of Jedward is guaranteeing about a million little girls tune in every night.

The real acid test would be a regular series of BB. IMHO, there is just no way it could sustain anywhere near the 2m average that Desmond has apparently said he'd be happy with, any more than BB10 could reach the 3m C4 considered to be the low water mark.

It's true that DSBB posters are often out of touch. We were fanatical over people like Aisleyne, who would have swept to a resounding victory over Perfect Pete and Gln had it been down to us. But on this occasion - no, we're not out of touch. This version of BB is terrible. A 24/7 LF wouldn't make the highlights show any better edited than it is. It wouldn't make Marcus less annoying. It wouldn't make the zelebs any more high profile. But it would at least give us the chance to see what was actually happening and comment on it.

You could argue too that the show has inherited a bedrock audience from C4 BB and has set out to add to that by borrowing people from other shows and channels - Kerry, Amy and Jedward all bring in viewers from other reality shows. What you end up with though is a lot of people who watched BB 2010, X factor not wanting any singing, Kerry Katona and the Only Way Is Essex and a show thats going to appeal to anyone who liked those. Thats an audience but its not necessarily much like a BB1-7 audience - nor is it a show thats necessarily good.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    Yeah, thousands of comments compared to the millions who watch the show. Facebook isn't a good sign.

I personally don't have a problem with the main show (BBOTS is another matter entirely!) which is where the 2.7million are. However facebook was touted by C5 as the replacement for the live feed, which is my personal beef.

The comments on there show that it certainly isn't a satisfactory alternative.