Robin Gibb Not Looking Good

Comments

• HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very sad news. Let's hope he manages to pull through again this time. Miracles do sometimes happen!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Regardless I hope the pain stops for him soon -- I send mythoughts to the family!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's not going to pull through. It's so sad.

I hope he is out of pain and distress soon and my thoughts are with his family.
  • Ian AberdonIan Aberdon Posts: 2,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One brave guy. Likewise, my thoughts are with them, & hope he is pain-free.
  • EmmersonneEmmersonne Posts: 4,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor guy. Always loved his music and genuinely liked him.
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackbell wrote: »
    He's not going to pull through. It's so sad.

I hope he is out of pain and distress soon and my thoughts are with his family.

Oh shut up, how can you say that
  • CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The poster is being realistic, he only has a few days to live. If his Doctors are saying it, then it is true.

Sad news. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:confused: I'd say the poster was being truthful. Stars get sick as well as us mere mortals.
    Liver cancer is nigh on always terminal. Especially as his is very advanced. Sadly I've seen two people die pretty quickly after diagnosis in the last 3 years.
    Strange to think Barry will be the last remaining member of an iconic group.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CELT1987 wrote: »
    The poster is being realistic, he only has a few days to live. If his Doctors are saying it, then it is true.

Sad news. :(

sorry about my outburst, im just in shock, i never thought it would come to this
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    yes because its the doctors what told the paper isn't it :rolleyes:

Cancer like that is terminal sadly, sometimes its so far progressed theres nothing that can be done
    :(
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sorry about my outburst, im just in shock, i never thought it would come to this

I forgive you.
    Its not good though.:(
  • Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cancer can be such a horrible rollercoster. I feared for the outcome initially, but then was pleased for the family when recently his son had posted that they'd become hopeful again as they'd had the wonderful news he was in remission. I too hope he can somehow pull through but must admit was worried when I heard Barry had flown in. Their poor mum and dad going through this anguish once more.
  • belfastbobbybelfastbobby Posts: 606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    neo_wales wrote: »
    He's in my thoughts, bless him.

Same here ...it doesnt look good , great musician and all round decent guy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The reason I know is because ... I know from a personal experience. That's all I'm saying on the matter.

Don't ever tell people to shut up. No matter what the circumstances.
  • Akane TendoAkane Tendo Posts: 4,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cancer can be such a horrible rollercoster. I feared for the outcome initially, but then was pleased for the family when recently his son had posted that they'd become hopeful again as they'd had the wonderful news he was in remission. I too hope he can somehow pull through but must admit was worried when I heard Barry had flown in. Their poor mum and dad going through this anguish once more.

His dad's dead. Only the mother is still alive.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackbell wrote: »
    The reason I know is because ... I know from a personal experience. That's all I'm saying on the matter.

Don't ever tell people to shut up. No matter what the circumstances.

he may pull through and prove you wrong so don't ever say that he wont
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I hope I am wrong, but as I say I know something about this type of cancer.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

My old granny often said that tomorrow isn't promised to any of us.

Its not sounding good though.:(
  • busy_beebusy_bee Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I guess you have never had any experience with cancer? It is a terrible and horrific illness, and when you do see it first hand, it does make you become far more realistic about the outcomes.

From the news reported, his situation is not looking positive, and those who have been through this will be able to see the signs.

My thoughts are with his family at this very sad time.
  • muppeteermuppeteer Posts: 3,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy2 wrote: »
    The Bee Gee's talent for songwriting, producing and performing has been prodigious and has influenced music the world over since the 1960's. The quality and production values of their music is plain for all to see and hear, both in the songs they performed themselves and the many songs they wrote for others. The brothers have had some terrible times and now Robin faces the ultimate challenge. Let's hope for a miracle.

Hear, hear. Such a talented group. I really feel for his family, how hard it must be for them, especially as they believed that he was out of danger. It's so sad. If only they could find a cure for this wretched disease and people wouldn't have to suffer in this way.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    busy_bee wrote: »
    I guess you have never had any experience with cancer? It is a terrible and horrific illness, and when you do see it first hand, it does make you become far more realistic about the outcomes.

From the news reported, his situation is not looking positive, and those who have been through this will be able to see the signs.

My thoughts are with his family at this very sad time.

well you guess wrong :mad:
  • MaybelleMaybelle Posts: 2,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well you guess wrong :mad:

So sorry to hear that Billy :(. I can't believe how much suffering their family has had to go through - it's just really really sad :(
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sigh... It just shows that no matter how much money you've got, there's no guarantee that it will save you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please dont let this descend into a "I've had more experience/our situation was worse/better" type. ANYONE who has watched someone dying from cancer in particular, knows it's an awful thing to go through.

Nobody is immune. Thousands die from cancer every day. I'm not a Bee Gees fan at all, but I had a respect for Robin. I like how he seems so grounded while being willing to help others. His death will be tragic for his family and a loss to his fans and admirers, but trading our own "experiences" has no place on here. Let him go with dignity. Please.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tally wrote: »
    Please dont let this descend into a "I've had more experience/our situation was worse/better" type. ANYONE who has watched someone dying from cancer in particular, knows it's an awful thing to go through.

Nobody is immune. Thousands die from cancer every day. I'm not a Bee Gees fan at all, but I had a respect for Robin. I like how he seems so grounded while being willing to help others. His death will be tragic for his family and a loss to his fans and admirers, but trading our own "experiences" has no place on here. Let him go with dignity. Please.

You speak has if there is no hope