[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    I know that
  • Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Prepare yourself.:(

I refused point blank to be negative in similar circumstances but it was all for show.......he's dying.:cry:

Why should I prepare myself?:confused:
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ghoulish.

A poster posts what he sees as positive news about Robin Gibb's condition (Robin Gibb's own wife also sees it as positive news) and is immediately bombarded with negative responses and essentially told to stop hoping for a positive outcome. That imo is ghoulish and unnecessary.

The decent thing to do would be to just wish him well and leave the prognosis to his doctors. You know, just out of respect to his family?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Why should I prepare myself?:confused:

I think the term is prepare for the worst. Ive heard it before, it kind of bursts your positive thinking bubble
    :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Ghoulish.

A poster posts what he sees as positive news about Robin Gibb's condition (Robin Gibb's own wife also sees it as positive news) and is immediately bombarded with negative responses and essentially told to stop hoping for a positive outcome. That imo is ghoulish and unnecessary.

The decent thing to do would be to just wish him well and leave the prognosis to his doctors. You know, just out of respect to his family?

Ive always wished him well, please see all my previous posts. And Ive never had the audacity to come onto a thread and post a silly squabble over something so serious
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ghoulish.

OK..............I promise I wasn't being ghoulish.:o

I wish him well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FFS posters....................wake up and smell the coffee.

The man is dying.:cry:
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FFS posters....................wake up and smell the coffee.

The man is dying.:cry:

how the hell can you say that?
  • Options
    EmmersonneEmmersonne Posts: 4,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hear he's woken up - I hope this at the very least means he'll be able to say goodbye to his family properly if the worst happens.
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    He's speaking again now!

You can certainly see that as a good sign
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-17808639

Doctors treating Bee Gees star Robin Gibb say they have been "confounded" by his recovery since waking from a coma.

The singer's physician Dr Andrew Thillainayagam said he was conscious, lucid and talking to his loved ones, at The London Clinic in central London.

He said the "exhausted" star had shown "extraordinary courage, iron will and deep reserves of physical strength".
    "Robin is fully conscious, lucid and able to speak to his loved ones. He is breathing on his own, with an oxygen mask.

"He is on intravenous feeding and antibiotics. He is of course, exhausted, extremely weak and malnourished."
  • Options
    LaVieEnRoseLaVieEnRose Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is of course, exhausted, extremely weak and malnourished."

He's a teetotal vegan, isn't he. A nice thick steak and a pint of Guinness would sort him out.
  • Options
    muppeteermuppeteer Posts: 3,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Doctors treating Bee Gees star Robin Gibb say they have been "confounded" by his recovery since waking from a coma.

The singer's physician Dr Andrew Thillainayagam said he was conscious, lucid and talking to his loved ones, at The London Clinic in central London.

He said the "exhausted" star had shown "extraordinary courage, iron will and deep reserves of physical strength".
    "Robin is fully conscious, lucid and able to speak to his loved ones. He is breathing on his own, with an oxygen mask.

"He is on intravenous feeding and antibiotics. He is of course, exhausted, extremely weak and malnourished."

I am very happy to hear this. Even though the road ahead is hard, it is great to hear that he is conscious and able to talk to his family. Seems like a very strong man, I wish him all the best and really hoping for miracles.
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Very positive news! Here's hoping he'll get his strength back and come through this. This is lovely, from his doc:

Dr Thillainayagam praised Gibb's wife Dwina, and their children Robin-John, Spencer and Melissa for their "determination never to give up on him".

"The road ahead for Robin remains uncertain but it is a privilege to look after such an extraordinary human being," he said.
  • Options
    darnall42darnall42 Posts: 4,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    glad that robin is ffighting back
  • Options
    cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very positive news! Here's hoping he'll get his strength back and come through this. This is lovely, from his doc:

Dr Thillainayagam praised Gibb's wife Dwina, and their children Robin-John, Spencer and Melissa for their "determination never to give up on him".

"The road ahead for Robin remains uncertain but it is a privilege to look after such an extraordinary human being," he said.

thanks for the info Lexi. His family must be so relieved that he has fought back. I hope he can get stronger....and yes, lovely words from the doctor.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's a teetotal vegan, isn't he. A nice thick steak and a pint of Guinness would sort him out.

having had colon cancer, that would just about finish him off
  • Options
    goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is brillant news that he is awake from his coma
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is brillant news that he is awake from his coma

It is indeed.

Brilliant news.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    having had colon cancer, that would just about finish him off

lol... would be some way to go tho :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is indeed.

Brilliant news.:)

you've changed your tune quick
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    taken from Robin's official Facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Robin-Gibb/28951845275
    STATEMENT FROM ROBIN GIBB'S DOCTORS

Robin Gibb confounds his doctors!

The remarkable Robin Gibb has confounded Dr. Andrew Thillainayagam, his physician and gastroenterologist, Dr. Peter Harper, his medical oncologist, Mr Roger Springall, his colorectal surgeon, and Dr. John Goldstone, anaesthetist in charge of the intensive care team at The London Clinic, with his indomitable fighting spirit and remarkable physical endurance.

Dr. Thillainayagam, of Imperial College Healthcare, explained:

“Despite having advanced colorectal cancer, Robin responded extremely well to Dr. Harper’s aggressive chemotherapy treatment, but went on to need two emergency operations in the space of two months. In the aftermath, Robin developed the feared complication of pneumonia when he was very weak and fighting to recover from life saving surgery for peritonitis. He failed to respond to chest physiotherapy and intravenous antibiotics. Therefore, I had to transfer him to intensive care for non-invasive, assisted ventilation. Unfortunately, he continued to have worsening respiratory distress and lost consciousness for a number of reasons. Eventually, he developed serious respiratory failure and was unable to ventilate his lungs on his own. We had to place him on artificial ventilation.

The prognosis was very grave, given that Robin had brain swelling from liver failure, a severe pneumonia and a weakened immune system from malnutrition. I have managed Robin’s series of acute medical problems very aggressively according to his explicit wishes. However, only three days ago, I warned Robin’s wife, Dwina, son, Robin John and brother, Barry, that I feared the worst. We felt it was very likely that Robin would succumb to what seemed to be insurmountable obstacles to any form of meaningful recovery. As a team, we were all concerned that we might be approaching the realms of futility.

It is testament to Robin’s extraordinary courage, iron will and deep reserves of physical strength that he has overcome quite incredible odds to get where he is now.

Robin is fully conscious, lucid and able to speak to his loved ones. He is breathing on his own, with an oxygen mask. He is on intravenous feeding and antibiotics. He is of course, exhausted, extremely weak and malnourished. Our immediate goals are to ensure that Robin’s swallowing mechanism is safe enough to allow him to eat and drink, and that he recovers enough strength to breathe effectively, without needing high levels of oxygen by mask. When this happens, we will be able to begin the process of nutritional and physical rehabilitation and may be able to move him from the intensive care unit to the ward.

Robin’s wife, Dwina and son, Robin-John, his son Spencer and daughter Melissa have been at his bedside every day, talking to him and playing his favourite music to him . They have been tireless in their determination never to give up on him.

The road ahead for Robin remains uncertain but it is a privilege to look after such an extraordinary human being”.
  • Options
    StarSupernovaStarSupernova Posts: 290
    Forum Member
    It's lovely news he's woken up and pretty amazing too.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Great news for Robin. :)

Poor Robin has always been frail looking - but his strength under illness proves that he has the heart and spirit of a lion.

I cried when I heard that beautiful big brother Barry sang to him at his bedside and it did the trick. You couldn't make up a story like that.

Shame on those saying he is dying - find something else better to do, some thoughts are just not for airing in public. Where there is life there is hope.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great news. :) Keep fighting Robin!!