Options

Ian Brady: Endgames of a psychopath- C4 Monday 9pm

tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
Forum Member
✭✭✭
This is on Monday and what has caused controversy on the "letter to Winnie" reveal.

Comments

• Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It should be pulled given Winnie's sad death today.

If they show it then its in very bad taste.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

How is it bad taste?
  • Options
    TheIllusionistTheIllusionist Posts: 332
    Forum Member
    Disrespectful really...why should Channel 4 cash in on her death. I'm sure they'll reconsider if her family makes a complaint.
  • Options
    SherbetLemonSherbetLemon Posts: 4,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Completely agree. I've been saying the same thing all day.

It's still listed on C4's website, but hopefully they'll have the sense to postpone it before Monday.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't believe there are actually real people who believe in not showing programmes because of bad taste :eek: I thought it was just a daily mail thing :rolleyes:
    Lets ban all jaws films for 12 months because a man nearly died from a shark bite, lets ban all films involving guns for 12 months due to someone dying from a gunshot wound, lets ban all prgrammes involving cars due to someone dying in a car crash.
    This programme highlights why brady is a **** and will probably let a few people know the story behind this case as this happened a long time ago and hardly gets mentioned now.
    RIP to Winnie.
  • Options
    SeverianSeverian Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    There is also the not-so small matter that one of the participants has been arrested, Jackie Powell, after comments she made during an interview for the programme.

How can that be broadcast when you can bet, should she face a court case, her defense team will claim she can't have a fair trial because of the interview being broadcast ?

Bad taste ?

Perhaps writing "RIP to Winnie" at the end of that rant ?
  • Options
    C HorseC Horse Posts: 747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't believe there are actually real people who believe in not showing programmes because of bad taste :eek: I thought it was just a daily mail thing :rolleyes:
    Lets ban all jaws films for 12 months because a man nearly died from a shark bite, lets ban all films involving guns for 12 months due to someone dying from a gunshot wound, lets ban all prgrammes involving cars due to someone dying in a car crash.
    This programme highlights why brady is a **** and will probably let a few people know the story behind this case as this happened a long time ago and hardly gets mentioned now.
    RIP to Winnie.

I'd like to think that you are alone in your views.

We all know what Brady did, and some are still looking for an answer.

Matthew Bennet's family grieve again. Let's give them some space.

Please don't belittle it with "jaws" and "gunshot" rubbish. I find the insensitivity hard to understand.
  • Options
    tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yesterday Winnie's family gave their blessing that the program can still be aired.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    What I find interesting is that those of you who don't think it should be aired, think you know what the family would like. Maybe they want people to understand what Ian Brady is like. Really it's their wishes that need respecting not anyone else's.
  • Options
    C HorseC Horse Posts: 747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree totally with HIGNYFYfan

It's down to the family.

I'll be thinking of them as I watch.
  • Options
    jerseyporterjerseyporter Posts: 2,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yesterday Winnie's family gave their blessing that the program can still be aired.

And so none of us have any right to question the decision to broadcast any longer. Actually I can see it from the family's point of view - it is likely they will have seen an advanced screening of the programme, and if they feel there is justfication for going ahead with showing it even after Winnie's untimely death, then that is good enough for me.

What good would not screening it do Winnie Johnson now anyway? She is, at last, reunited and at peace with her beloved son. I imagine that, for her, death was a blessed release from the pain of living without Keith for all these awful years since he disappeared. Now they are together, two innocents, safe in God's arms and love. Ian Brady will never know that peace or love. Few people are truly irredeemable, but he is surely one of them.