Options

Couple spend £6,000 rescuing stray cat from Egypt - only for it to run away

13»

Comments

• Options
    shirlt9shirlt9 Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    UKMikey wrote: »
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/9583962/Couple-spend-6000-rescuing-stray-cat-from-Egypt-only-for-it-to-run-away.html

What this devoted couple spend their money on is their own business but couldn't some of it have been spent on a microchip? Maybe there's a long waiting list to get them injected.

(The above spelling mistake is the Telegraph's own, by the way)

I must be mean that made me laugh.
  • Options
    UKMikeyUKMikey Posts: 28,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shirlt9 wrote: »
    I must be mean that made me laugh.
    I suspect a lot of people feel the same and that that's the only reason it made the national papers actually. ;)
    ppaupy wrote: »
    Shes a lovely girl and dont regret doing it at all.
    She's still with you, right? At least this pair had a year with their cat before it hit the road.
  • Options
    ppaupyppaupy Posts: 2,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect a lot of people feel the same and that that's the only reason it made the national papers actually. ;)

She's still with you, right?

Oh sorry yes she is!! kept her in for 4 weeks,she ventures out to the garden but doesnt seem keen to explore further...thankfully.
  • Options
    biggle2000biggle2000 Posts: 3,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    Once a stray, always a stray. They should have asked themselves how it became a stray in the first place.

Plus, tom cats do tend to wander off for long periods anyway, even if neutered.

Not ours. We were adopted by a stray and kept him locked in while he got over his injuries. Now he can come and go as he pleases but rarely goes out at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ppaupy wrote: »
    Oh sorry yes she is!! kept her in for 4 weeks,she ventures out to the garden but doesnt seem keen to explore further...thankfully.
    Very glad to hear it ppaupy.

A cat loving friend of mine used to keep a 5-year-old and a kitten in her top floor flat. The young one went missing and was never seen again. The elder one stayed with her and recently passed away at the ripe old age of twentysomething so given the same owners and conditions different cats will do different things.
  • Options
    oldhagoldhag Posts: 2,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :
    Picto wrote: »
    So, just like the couple, the cat could be in De Nile.

Sorry. :o

I award you with best pun prize. :D
  • Options
    ppaupyppaupy Posts: 2,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very glad to hear it ppaupy.

A cat loving friend of mine used to keep a 5-year-old and a kitten in her top floor flat. The young one went missing and was never seen again. The elder one stayed with her and recently passed away at the ripe old age of twentysomething so given the same owners and conditions different cats will do different things.

Yes indeed..they know what they want...we have three cats..Mr Pip came from CPL and loves to sleep in the greenhouse..comes and goes at his own will..

Bille we found on holiday in Dorset and she came home with us..for 6 months didnt want to go out at all..now she will sit near the back door...but the slightest noise shes back in.

Miss Maggie the newest one as I said ventures out to see if she can see Mr Pip.

And our Dog Oscar is just bemused by them all..lol.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I shouldn't laugh really :D:D:D:D Hope they eventually find it!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too :D:D:D
  • Options
    CitySlickerCitySlicker Posts: 10,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    £6,000 rescuing a cat, £25 reward to find it?
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    £6,000 rescuing a cat, £25 reward to find it?

Dead or alive?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I guess the couple should have kept their money in the kitty.
  • Options
    CitySlickerCitySlicker Posts: 10,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dead or alive?

:D:o
  • Options
    nafanny29nafanny29 Posts: 1,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hear the police have got involved and are sampling local kebabs and chicken tikka massalas for Omar's DNA.
  • Options
    TheEricPollardTheEricPollard Posts: 11,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    was it a nice cat? I'd want a tiger for 6 grand. or maybe a leopard.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have three housecats that were once strays. They've never gotten away, though one tries on occasion.

I'm not sure I would spend that much on a cat, though. For that much money you could adopt and vet multiple cats from a local shelter.