Taylor Swift- I Knew You Were Trouble

13»

Comments

• Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well guess many adele fans now are SUBO cast offs:p

I agree KP does pop well and taylor should stay well away from it in the future unless she seriously wants to damage her credibility and be typecast along with all the other pop pap artists.

Haha i did get annoyed last year wen my entire family fell inb love with her after id got there in 2009 she lost some of her cool i must say :p

Exactly im a huge pop fan i think its underrated when pop is good it can be great and some just starddle the lines of pop credibility with commercial rewards better than otheres. Plus it can be looked at in one of 2 ways TS is established in her field and she is now in a market thats overcorwded and higly competitive and most things that she is going to do to get a foot hold will have been done IKYWT video prime example and its a difficult genre to have an original idea in but trends come and go and its about standing out and creating your won nich the big long video has been done and owned by others and shes just at the tail end of that current trend. Whereas in her market she is the domniant force and has to do very littler other than a solid album to be successful.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    Haha i did get annoyed last year wen my entire family fell inb love with her after id got there in 2009 she lost some of her cool i must say :p

Exactly im a huge pop fan i think its underrated when pop is good it can be great and some just starddle the lines of pop credibility with commercial rewards better than otheres. Plus it can be looked at in one of 2 ways TS is established in her field and she is now in a market thats overcorwded and higly competitive and most things that she is going to do to get a foot hold will have been done IKYWT video prime example and its a difficult genre to have an original idea in but trends come and go and its about standing out and creating your won nich the big long video has been done and owned by others and shes just at the tail end of that current trend. Whereas in her market she is the domniant force and has to do very littler other than a solid album to be successful.

Interview on spin-magazine
    I was listening to the new album's "I Knew You Were Trouble" earlier and wondered: do you listen to dubstep?
    Not really. I've written some with Ed Sheeran, and he's become a good friend of mine, and he always plays me really interesting stuff from the U.K. whenever he comes over and hangs out. But I never really thought, "Hey, I want to download some dubstep music." What ended up happening was, I wrote this melody for this chorus on the piano, and I brought it to Max Martin and Shellback, and I said, "At the end of the chorus I just want this to go crazy. I want it to be really chaotic; I want the bass line to do this, like [makes loud GUH GUH GUH sound].

So you did the wubs?
    Yeah. I don't really know what to call it, but I just kind of sing it how I want it to sound. And they're like, "Oh, sort of like a dubstep thing." And I'm like, "I guess, I don't know? Whatever that is, whatever that ridiculous sound that I made with my mouth when I was trying to figure out what to say." You end up doing a lot of that when you're recording and writing, being like "It kinda sounds like this! [Does a laser-y SCHOOM sound]." I wanted the song to sound as chaotic as the emotion felt. I wanted it to be loud and out of control.

Did you do any dubstep listening after that?
    Not really. I didn't even really know what I was doing. I wanted it to sound a certain way. That's kind of how I've been making music lately — I kind of just make music the way that I want it to sound and the way that it depicts the emotions that I was feeling, and I let people call it what they want*.

*I'm not a fan of her music but I think that's the best atitude torwards fans in general:p
  • barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    Love this song.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's the first her song that I actually like :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »

The thing is KP is good at what she does, where with tayor is looks unnatural, it just dont work.
  • konofiliuskonofilius Posts: 586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    frank5 wrote: »

This. I also liked Mine but Glee version
  • robo2robo2 Posts: 1,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That sums it up, "without lifting a finger", that about sumed up her short career.

And comparing T and KP is laughable, I am a big KP fan but she is not in the same league as Taylor on any level.
    And your wont wind me up with your comments about T and pre-teens stuff, adele and LDR have more pre-teen fans then taylor could ever muster. And I would rather my fav artist have young fans then pensioners which surely must be a high proportion of what Adele and LDR fans are.
    Susan boil cast offs:p

adele has more fans at every age level and in every country around the world than the incredibly dull, bland and childish taylor swift, i've sctually not minded the last two taylor singles as it seems like she is making an attempt to get away from the generic country pop trash she is known for, maybe one day she will release an interesting and innovative album
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think when you see a list of the artists that have influenced taylor, LDR would not even be in the same universe. ...
    Then the list is clearly wrong.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    adele and LDR have more pre-teen fans then taylor could ever muster. And I would rather my fav artist have young fans then pensioners which surely must be a high proportion of what Adele and LDR fans are.

And you've completely contradicted yourself within two sentences. Try forming a coherent argument and you may be taken more seriously. :p
  • shadesofblackshadesofblack Posts: 1,965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That sums it up, "without lifting a finger", that about sumed up her short career.

And comparing T and KP is laughable, I am a big KP fan but she is not in the same league as Taylor on any level.
    And your wont wind me up with your comments about T and pre-teens stuff, adele and LDR have more pre-teen fans then taylor could ever muster. And I would rather my fav artist have young fans then pensioners which surely must be a high proportion of what Adele and LDR fans are.
    Susan boil cast offs:p

So you are saying Adele and LDR have both young and old fans. And all of the 25 million of us in between! Niiiice!

By the way, this has to be one of the single most ridiculous things you have ever said. That Adele and LDR have more pre-teen fans than TS. Ahahaha! :D
    Can someone tag this one?!
    I was at TS' show with my young daughter, where the average age was 10. Most reviews from TS' concerts mention the young age of her fans. It's all the princesses and cheerleaders and captain of the football team talk. And Why you got to be so mean? And floating balconies. And goats and other farm animals on stage.

Edit: You know GL, you may be right after all. Outside of the US, I bet Adele and LDR have more pre-teen fans than TS worldwide. And of course more fans worldwide (including the US) in every other demographic as well.
  • ThaGazBoiThaGazBoi Posts: 15,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bloody love this song.. The video not so much.
  • ItsTimmyTimeItsTimmyTime Posts: 1,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had the music channels on in the background while decorating the Christmas tree and I heard this song with my back to it, near the end I was like "Who IS this!?" and I couldn't believe it was Taylor Swift, and then I saw the video! :o I just caught the tail end so I was surprised! Watching it from the start it's veeerrrrrry Lana-Del-Ray's-Ride, though! But fair play to her for stepping out of the "America's Sweetheart" bubble. :)
  • shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    frank5 wrote: »

Same....I've never really got the Swift hype, but this is a great pop song!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Y'all must calm down, ease and get some http://pussycola.com/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    I actually like the song and the video. I think it's good to see Taylor progress and experiment with her sound and look, she's 22 and growing up so naturally she's gonna change. Whatever some fans say, the slightly new direction has gained her new fans and has made her more well known. People in the UK are actually beginning to know who Taylor Swift is, and that's mostly because of We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together and I Knew You Were Trouble. Her album sales are still great and most artists would kill to have half her sales after releasing an album only a few months ago.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't usually like Taylor Swift's songs, but this is a great pop song and I love it. I prefer pop Taylor to country Taylor.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The thing is KP is good at what she does, where with tayor is looks unnatural, it just dont work.

I wouldn't say unnatural but would agree that it doesn't suit her and feels a little transparent.