Would you be celebrating the deaths of these people?

Comments

• SecretSmilerSecretSmiler Posts: 1,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LIZALYNN wrote: »
    It's disgusting to celebrate anyone's death. I am shocked that there are so many people who are doing that. Everyone is someone's mum, dad, son or daughter..

agree with that

Personally I thought Gordon Brown ruined this country - but he is a dad to two boys and a human being - so when he pops his clogs, I will be sad for them

Same for anyone
  • Julie68Julie68 Posts: 3,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I won't celebrate any of these peoples deaths because I am a human being and better than the brainless idiots who do.
  • 19Nick6819Nick68 Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I won't "Celebrate" Murdoch's passing but like Thatcher I won't be sending a sympathy card and a wreath either.

Possibly a few on there who I feel the world would be a better place without, but celebrate no.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,257
    Forum Member
    Never saw such a celebration of Margaret Thatcher with her death. So what about the following people when they die. Would you have a street party for those

David Cameron
    the surviving British prime ministers
    The 2 George Bushes
    Rupert Murdoch
    Mikhail Gorbachev
    Pope Benedict XVI
    Bruce Forsyth
    Gary Glitter
    Simon Cowell
    Paul McCartney
    Roger Moore
    Gerry Adams
    Ian Paisley
    a member of the Royal Family
    Ronnie Biggs
    Richard Branson

Murdoch. Possibly.
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glenda Jackson.:eek:
    Wasn't she terrific :D
  • November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    No to all of them. There's a few I'm not very fond of on that list but I wouldn't go as far as to celebrate their passing, no more than I would to mourn it.
  • UKMikeyUKMikey Posts: 28,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thatcher was in a league of her own. ;)
    dee123 wrote: »
    Murdoch. Possibly.
    As anyone who reads Dame Sylvie Krin's Never Too Old serial in Private Eye knows, that's if Wendi doesn't do for him first.

http://www.private-eye.co.uk/eyeplayer.php?media=193
  • inspector drakeinspector drake Posts: 910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Possibly
    No
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes
    No
    No
    Definitely
    No
    No
    No
    No
    No
    Yes
    Yes
    No

Also, why all the Mandela hate on here?
  • Raquelos.Raquelos. Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    vosne wrote: »
    Black-hearted woman.

Curtsies;)
    towers wrote: »
    More mines were closed pre-Thatcher than during, so I think the level of negative behaviour - celebrating her death - is OTT and mostly done by people who want someone to blame for their current state of affairs or teenagers with nothing better to do.

Trying to rationalise peoples' extreme dislike of her by assuming they are just misguided in some way is, I suppose, understandable if you don't share their view. However it is as unconvincing as the Americans who claimed that 9/11 happened because Bin Laden was jealous of America. It fails to acknowledge that she had a negative impact on some people's lives

I loathed her, then and now, I shall be celebrating her passing, I understand that some people had a different experience of her time as PM and therefore admire her, but pretending that my loathing of her had no basis is a sign of extreme ignorance of the impact she had on some.
  • SaturnVSaturnV Posts: 11,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's disgusting to celebrate anyone's death. I am shocked that there are so many people who are doing that. Everyone is someone's mum, dad, son or daughter....

Exactly it's also futile and petulant. The only exception is if it's the death of someone you are engaged in a physical fight with and they're trying to kill you or your family. Even then you would probably not celebrate as such.

Even when the likes of Myra Hindley died there was no cause for celebration as there was no victory.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's disgusting to celebrate anyone's death. I am shocked that there are so many people who are doing that. Everyone is someone's mum, dad, son or daughter.

Oh and those are the only relationships that matter, right? What about husbands, wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, partners? I'm so sick of this forum's obsession with parental relationships and complete ignorance of loving relationships between partners, which are often much stronger than those you mention and much more devastating when they are broken apart.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    Oh and those are the only relationships that matter, right? What about husbands, wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, partners? I'm so sick of this forum's obsession with parental relationships and complete ignorance of loving relationships between partners, which are often much stronger than those you mention and much more devastating when they are broken apart.
    Sorry that i didn't mention other close family and friends. I should have said all of them too. Many apologies sunshine.
  • DianaFireDianaFire Posts: 12,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I won't be sorry to see the end of Murdoch, but no doubt someone else will fill the vacuum. I'd be happy just for him to be forced into retirement with no connection to any of his business interests.
  • biggle2000biggle2000 Posts: 3,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never saw such a celebration of Margaret Thatcher with her death. So what about the following people when they die. Would you have a street party for those

David Cameron
    The 2 George Bushes
    Rupert Murdoch
    Mikhail Gorbachev
    Pope Benedict XVI
    Bruce Forsyth
    Gary Glitter
    Simon Cowell
    Paul McCartney
    Roger Moore
    Gerry Adams
    Ian Paisley
    Ronnie Biggs
    Richard Branson

The majority are not even convicted criminals
  • BinCatBinCat Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

David Cameron
    The 2 George Bushes
    Rupert Murdoch
    Mikhail Gorbachev
    Pope Benedict XVI
    Bruce Forsyth
    Gary Glitter
    Simon Cowell
    Paul McCartney
    Roger Moore
    Gerry Adams
    Ian Paisley
    Ronnie Biggs
    Richard Branson

I won't celebrate their deaths (well maybe Cameron and Murdoch a wee bit!), but I won't mourn them either.

Cowell and Branson seem OK fellas to me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    It's disgusting to celebrate anyone's death. I am shocked that there are so many people who are doing that. Everyone is someone's mum, dad, son or daughter.

If the deceased has murdered for a living especially one of your loved ones then I understand why you should be pleased at their death.
    But I do think giving Baroness Thatcher a ceremonial public funeral is a bad idea considering the trouble it will obviously cause and I suspect she wouldn't really have wanted it..

Thatcher's parents are still alive? What must they be? 120 or so?
  • Ada RabbleAda Rabble Posts: 3,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't celebrate a death, although I would feel somewhat pleased about some, which would be generally murderers rather than politicians or celebrities.
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't hate Mandela, but he spent 27 years in a bungalow. He seems to have changed attitudes on the surface but
    when he keeps going in hospital some people seem to think he is an indestructible god.
    He's 94 with failing health and was a bit dodgy in the past, get over it.
    I don't celebrate the death of anyone. Especially Mandela, as we won't hear the last of it for the rest of the year.
  • CaldariCaldari Posts: 5,890
    Forum Member

Call me strange, but I just don't hold terrorists in high regards. You may, and that is your choice, but it's a bloody weird choice.
  • ArtymagsArtymags Posts: 18,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

David Cameron
    The 2 George Bushes
    Rupert Murdoch
    Mikhail Gorbachev
    Pope Benedict XVI
    Bruce Forsyth
    Gary Glitter
    Simon Cowell
    Paul McCartney
    Roger Moore
    Gerry Adams
    Ian Paisley
    Ronnie Biggs
    Richard Branson

No I wouldn't celebrate the death of any of those.

I'd celebrate the death of that fat lunatic who's running North Korea at the moment though. If ever a bloke needed assassinating it's him!
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,373
    Forum Member
    David Cameron - No
    the surviving British prime ministers - No
    The 2 George Bushes - No
    Rupert Murdoch - Yes
    Mikhail Gorbachev - No
    Pope Benedict XVI - No
    Bruce Forsyth - No
    Gary Glitter - Yes
    Simon Cowell - No
    Paul McCartney - No
    Roger Moore - No
    Gerry Adams - No
    Ian Paisley - No
    a member of the Royal Family - No
    Ronnie Biggs - I thought he already was
    Richard Branson - No
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    I would treat the death of one of the Royal Family as I treated any of their televised weddings. Complete indifference.

Gary Glitter is a pedophile. I highly doubt many people will line the streets to cry.
  • constableradishconstableradish Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    I will be celebrating the death of David Cameron probably not any of the others though :D
    I'll gladly attend your party! :cool:
  • grauniadgrauniad Posts: 7,954
    Forum Member
    Three pages and no Tony Blair. Must be worth a tipple.
  • grauniadgrauniad Posts: 7,954
    Forum Member
    What's all this about lube? If you need lube, she ain't ready. Unless we're talking tradesman's entrance.