Options

Drug mules caught

Comments

• Options
    SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see that the 'We were forced' line has already been used. Hmm, that line has been used by nearly every drug mule in recent history. Of course, there has been situations where folk have been forced but it does seem to be turning into a tired old cliche for those who have been caught out.

Greed and stupidity - what a mix.

And no moral conscience - surely no matter how thick they are they must know the damage drug addiction does to people?
  • Options
    Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt Cameron will get involved as they don't appear to be from wealthy families.

No drug smuggling liars should be given anything other than a consular visit to say ' na na na na', treat them like the peddlers of death they are and offer no sympathy.

They knew what they were doing and I don't believe any of their lies.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel sorry for the girls Parents because they must be worried sick about their kids having to face this kind of situation alone, I cant imagine any parents being able to take a case like this without being worried sick for their welfare.

The girls involved, I struggle to find any sympathy for them, They're both old enough to know you don't do something like this, they deliberately hid their journey to deceive their families and when you see things like this .. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2391393/Peru-cocaine-arrests-British-girls-claimed-kidnapped-forced-smuggle-drugs.html it makes you wonder just how serious they are actually taking it.
  • Options
    Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And why were they in Peru in the first place ?

They went to bring back Charlie.:D

And will end up Googie Withers.:D
  • Options
    OvalteenieOvalteenie Posts: 24,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They now claim to have been kidnapped & feared for their lives. Yet they were still posting happy messages on Facebook :confused:
    Last night Miss Reid’s parents insisted their daughter had only gone to Peru after being kidnapped by an armed gang who burst into her apartment...

Miss Reid stayed in regular contact with her parents and last wrote to them via Facebook the day before she was arrested to discuss which clothes her mother could clear out of her wardrobe

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2391393/Peru-cocaine-arrests-British-girls-claimed-kidnapped-forced-smuggle-drugs.html

The parents also say she must have been coerced cos it's out of character as she's a good girl who goes to bed at 9pm. I don't know any 19 year olds who are tucked up in bed by 9pm, I certainly didn't :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    I am sad for these girls because they are so young but if guilty, only they know that, they didn't consider the lives that would be wrecked from the drugs.
    We don't know the full story and why the Irish girl used the word "forced." It's another Banged Up Abroad story and I hope these girls are as lucky to get a second chance.
  • Options
    stirlingguy1stirlingguy1 Posts: 7,038
    Forum Member
    Call me naive, but there could be some credibility in their story:
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/peru-drug-arrests-british-girls-2163013

It's not beyond doubting, surely.
    And their demeanour in the video while eating cakes is very easy to take out of context. They're probably being filmed all of the time and they've chosen a short snippet. You have to think that perhaps there is some relief with the girls as well - now that they've escaped he drugs run/guns pointed at their heads etc. They may (naively, perhaps) think they're safe, their families are safe (The girls also told how, chillingly, the gang had a dossier on their families in Glasgow and Belfast – and threatened violent reprisals if they failed to carry out their demands), and justice will prevail.
  • Options
    solaresolare Posts: 11,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they were "forced at gunpoint" to carry the packages, why didn't they just dump their suitcases at the airport and ask authorities for help. I'm sure no-one was holding a gun to their head at the airport check-in desk and the UK police would be informed if their families were in danger.
  • Options
    Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So the Drug Barons kidnapped them in Ibiza, flew them to Peru, loaded them up with drugs and sent them on their way.

Pull the other ones, it's got bells on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    Ethel_Fred wrote: »
    So the Drug Barons kidnapped them in Ibiza, flew them to Peru, loaded them up with drugs and sent them on their way.

There was a case on Banged Up Abroad where a couple were driven to the airport at gunpoint and watched by the drug criminals to make sure they went through check in and got on the plane.
    They had no escape. The airport was remote and they would have been killed by the drug criminals if they hadn't have gotten on that plane.
    Their only choice of survival was to hope they weren't caught at the airport. Had they turned to the authorities at the airport would they have been believed? Probably not.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 374
    Forum Member
    Legalise and regulate the supply - these girls would no longer exist as the criminal element will be finished overnight.
    The drugs 'menace' war is lost, totally lost - every bar,pub,club and night out has a large element of drugs involved (if you are not sat around with blinkers on).

I have no interest in any of them, I have dabbled years ago like most but they had no long term interest for me as I'd rather spend money on camshafts or new spoked wheels :D

I do see though that we finally need to legalise and regulate these things along with education to say that these things could easily kill you. Just like smoking,drinking,driving a car, walking along the path,riding on a train, eating an apple - everything in life has an element of risk.
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LIZALYNN wrote: »
    There was a case on Banged Up Abroad where a couple were driven to the airport at gunpoint and watched by the drug criminals to make sure they went through check in and got on the plane.
    They had no escape. The airport was remote and they would have been killed by the drug criminals if they hadn't have gotten on that plane.
    Their only choice of survival was to hope they weren't caught at the airport. Had they turned to the authorities at the airport would they have been believed? Probably not.

If I was a drug baron I'd have someone watching them at the airport, on the plane and at the other end.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 374
    Forum Member
    There was a case on Banged Up

Looking at these two I certainly wouldn't want to bang either of them :D
  • Options
    mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Why wouldn't they have been believed at the airport? Are you seriously suggesting that if they had alerted the authorities and told them they were in fear of their lives they would have been turfed out of the airport to get shot by the drug criminals?

In any case, the time for these girls to alert the authorities was at the airport on the way out before they got anywhere near the actual drugs.
  • Options
    GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ethel_Fred wrote: »

Oh but they're soooo pretty. Hot people can't do bad things.
  • Options
    Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'We were forced into it!'.

Well, they would say that, wouldn't they? Stupid low-life women who were caught fair and square trying to import class-A drugs for profit.
    Why didn't they immediately go to the nearest cop shop and tell all? They would have got protection and come out of it smelling of roses.
  • Options
    PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    LostFool wrote: »
    A lot of people with dual British & Irish citizenship choose to fly on an Irish passport as they think they will get less hassle from customs and immigration people. Everyone loves the Irish don't they?

Michaela was in fact born in Monaghan , R of Ireland and has therefore and Irish passport . She is an Irish citizen living in Co Tyrone .NI
  • Options
    IC89IC89 Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great point in the Mirror's comments section for when they come home...
    "you'll sell your story to the tabloids on your release and earn more money than you could have ever hoped for peddling drugs.

You may even become minor celebrities and star on some realty show!

It's the British way, we always reward the crooks...."

Wouldn't rule out a lads mag appearance either.
  • Options
    thefairydandythefairydandy Posts: 3,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get the idea that someone can be forced to do something against their will, but what I can't understand is how they fail to seek help. Especially if you're going through an airport, where there is plenty of security and the people who gave them to you either aren't close and can't have guns.

Anybody know of any occasions where someone was forced to attempt drug smuggling who looked for help?
  • Options
    Zizu58Zizu58 Posts: 3,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ovalteenie wrote: »
    They now claim to have been kidnapped & feared for their lives. Yet they were still posting happy messages on Facebook :confused:

The parents also say she must have been coerced cos it's out of character as she's a good girl who goes to bed at 9pm. I don't know any 19 year olds who are tucked up in bed by 9pm, I certainly didn't :o

Maybe a typo and should have read " home and tucked up by 9am ".

;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glowbot wrote: »
    Oh but they're soooo pretty. Hot people can't do bad things.

If you believe they are pretty then you'll probably believe they are innocent ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IC89 wrote: »
    Great point in the Mirror's comments section for when they come home...

Wouldn't rule out a lads mag appearance either.

I would - rule out lads mags ;)

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/peru-drugs-arrests-pictures-video-2162880
  • Options
    gulliverfoylegulliverfoyle Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    this cobblers "we were forced at gunpoint" doesnt fly im afraid

as we all know you cant get on a plane with anything now due to the increased security

so they flew to peru

why didnt they just stay on the plane or alert a stewardess or someone at the gate

or at passport control? even if the drug barons were on the plane with them what are they gonna do?

no sorry you took a risk and got caught

take your medicine
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this cobblers "we were forced at gunpoint" doesnt fly im afraid

as we all know you cant get on a plane with anything now due to the increased security

so they flew to peru

why didnt they just stay on the plane or alert a stewardess or someone at the gate

or at passport control? even if the drug barons were on the plane with them what are they gonna do?

no sorry you took a risk and got caught

take your medicine

I'm guessing that the next revelation will be that " they threatened to murder our families if we didn't comply " .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    solare wrote: »
    If they were "forced at gunpoint" to carry the packages, why didn't they just dump their suitcases at the airport and ask authorities for help. I'm sure no-one was holding a gun to their head at the airport check-in desk and the UK police would be informed if their families were in danger.

Precisely. It doesn't make any sense. Even if that were the case, surely they must have at least suspected what was in the packages? Did they really think they were being flown halfway around the world to transport jelly and porridge?