Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,558
    Forum Member
    *Cadhla* wrote: »
    Is he the one who did 'Twenty Four Hours from Tulsa'?? And that duet with Marc Almond?? I love those songs!!! And his voice!

Yes that's the one. Everyone seems to remember Gene's hit "24 Hours From Tulsa", yet it only made No. 5 in the charts. Strangely, "Princess in Rags", charted higher. :confused: My particular favourite is "Half Heaven, Half Heartache" and his original hit "Town Without Pity".
    Edit: I got out my old CDs and singles to listen to him again. and rediscovered a single that he'd signed to me, it reads "To my doll operator, lots of love Gene" :D
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Has anyone here ever met Mark Lamarr? I've got a huge crush on him.. :o

Not met as in talked to, but many moons ago I went to the Clapham Grand to see the reformed Buzzcocks play (first time reunion tour). Mr Lamarr was at the bar for a lot of the evening, with a very hard done by look on his face every time someone noticed him, sighing and rolling his eyes, I did want to point out less people may have noticed him if he hadn't been dressed in white denim trousers and a white denim jacket, which under neon lighting gave him a lovely blue glow which could be seen right across the hall.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    Not met as in talked to, but many moons ago I went to the Clapham Grand to see the reformed Buzzcocks play (first time reunion tour). Mr Lamarr was at the bar for a lot of the evening, with a very hard done by look on his face every time someone noticed him, sighing and rolling his eyes, I did want to point out less people may have noticed him if he hadn't been dressed in white denim trousers and a white denim jacket, which under neon lighting gave him a lovely blue glow which could be seen right across the hall.

:p This made me giggle.
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :p This made me giggle.

# He's a cheeky Cockney con man !!# LOL
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    Westy2 wrote: »
    # He's a cheeky Cockney con man !!# LOL

:p That sounds so cute!
    I love the guy's taste in music, it's such a shame he's not doing his radio show anymore.
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :p That sounds so cute!
    I love the guy's taste in music, it's such a shame he's not doing his radio show anymore.

I was refering to his appearences on Shooting Stars! LOL
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,102
    Forum Member
    I met Eddie the other weekend, I didn't expect to so it was a lovely surprise.

I was at V Festival and he was headlining the comedy stage, after his performance he came round the side to meet a few people, not many were left in the tent, but he met about 7 or 8 of us, had his picture taken with us and chatted to us, genuinely lovely guy.

Being such a big name I expected him to be a bit stuck up, but he was really great, my photo didn't turn out good, so he got someone else to take another photo of us
  • grantus_maxgrantus_max Posts: 2,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pothuthic wrote: »

I was at V Festival and he was headlining the comedy stage, after his performance he came round the side to meet a few people, not many were left in the tent, but he met about 7 or 8 of us, had his picture taken with us and chatted to us, genuinely lovely guy.

Being such a big name I expected him to be a bit stuck up, but he was really great, my photo didn't turn out good, so he got someone else to take another photo of us

Would that be Eddie Izzard?
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,969
    Forum Member

Eddie Large?
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member

Wasn't me :)
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,102
    Forum Member
    Would that be Eddie Izzard?

Oh sory I forgot to put the surname :o yeah Eddie Izzard
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My old band supported them a few years ago and they were all lovely. Their management weren't as nice and wouldn't even let us have a group photo with them.

Chuck Billy, what a legend. Hope he's in good health.

Over The Wall was the song of my youth, tbh. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Met Neil Clough from this years series of The Apprentice at a jobs fair hosted by the BBC where he gave a talk today. He's a really nice guy, very down to earth, humble and gave a fantastic talk about his motivation, inspiration for his career and journey on The Apprentice. He happily took pics, chatted with everybody and gave autographs for people afterwards. Had a brief chat with him about the apprentice, got his autograph and a picture. He's actually very good looking in the flesh! ;):) I think I might have a crush. Lol

Met Tom Pellereau from series 7 of The Apprentice at the Clothes Show Live last year at his Stylfile stand. He was ever so lovely as he was on the show. He looked tired, a lil overwhelmed but he happily spoke with people, signed their stylfile files and was nothing short of lovely. I was too shy to ask for a photo though!! xx
  • HowardessexHowardessex Posts: 2,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Met Richard Branson when I lived in Marrakech , very nice and down to earth considering he is a billionaire . Prior to that lived in Spain , and friends know all the C list stars , met Cilla ( full of her self ) , WorrallThompson ( surprisingly quite pleasant ) and Denise Welch ( nice and very funny / entertaining ) .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to work at the NFT so my encounters were brief...

Kevin spacey - lovely, friendly, polite,
    Sigourney Weaver - aloof, self absorbed.
    Quentin Tarentino - desperate to make an impression.
    Neil Pearson - excellent manners.
    Yoyo Ma - so surrounded up up themselves people that you never get to see him.
    Joe Pasquale - nice chap, not quite so squeeky
    Jarvis Cocker - attention seeking.
    and a few more.
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    I used to work at the NFT so my encounters were brief...

Kevin spacey - lovely, friendly, polite,
    Sigourney Weaver - aloof, self absorbed.
    Quentin Tarentino - desperate to make an impression.
    Neil Pearson - excellent manners.
    Yoyo Ma - so surrounded up up themselves people that you never get to see him.
    Joe Pasquale - nice chap, not quite so squeeky
    Jarvis Cocker - attention seeking.
    and a few more.

:( aw i love jarvis
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    The two nicest I have met were The Queen and Rod Stewart
  • BanditaBandita Posts: 3,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The two nicest I have met were The Queen and Rod Stewart

Oh I met Rod Stewart years ago in Hong Kong, he was very nice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :( aw i love jarvis

The day I encountered him, he was standing in the foyer of the NFT in the middle in front of the box office queues dressed in very clean but deliberately scruffy clothes, making eye contact with everyone & smiling & nodding at them - seeking everyone out by drifting around to be in their line of sight - it was quite funny...There are many explinations and it could have easily been an off day (or every day behaviour).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 383
    Forum Member
    Rob Lowe is nice.... Jennifer Lopez is not.
  • nerdgirlfromthek83nerdgirlfromthek83 Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

OOoh do tell about Jennifer Lopez.
  • newgrangenewgrange Posts: 366
    Forum Member
    I was in Singapore airport about 13 years ago and waiting to check-in for my onwards flight to Australia, when who do I see but Daniel O'Donnell. As we were in the middle of a number of flights checking in for India I was thinking to myself, it's probably only himself and myself here who know who he is.

Anyway, this Indian lady suddenly became very distressed, searching through her bags, saying 'passport, passport'. Daniel was over like a shot, sat her down, tried to calm her and got her to go through her bag carefully. Of course she found her passport and Daniel followed up with a cup of tea for her.

I know people say a lot about 'wee Daniel' and he has this nicer than nice public persona, but that day he was the only person who helped that lady and not in an 'I'm Daniel O'Donnell, look at me' kind of way. he just disappeared off into the crowd afterwards.

I wouldn't be a fan of his music at all, but the guy genuinely seems like a nice man.
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    newgrange wrote: »
    I was in Singapore airport about 13 years ago and waiting to check-in for my onwards flight to Australia, when who do I see but Daniel O'Donnell. As we were in the middle of a number of flights checking in for India I was thinking to myself, it's probably only himself and myself here who know who he is.

Anyway, this Indian lady suddenly became very distressed, searching through her bags, saying 'passport, passport'. Daniel was over like a shot, sat her down, tried to calm her and got her to go through her bag carefully. Of course she found her passport and Daniel followed up with a cup of tea for her.

I know people say a lot about 'wee Daniel' and he has this nicer than nice public persona, but that day he was the only person who helped that lady and not in an 'I'm Daniel O'Donnell, look at me' kind of way. he just disappeared off into the crowd afterwards.

I wouldn't be a fan of his music at all, but the guy genuinely seems like a nice man.

His wife was on an RTE reality series managing a local GAA club a few years ago. Apparently she wasn't nice but he was.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Usually the ones I have met I always end up wanting to strangle them. Except for a few exceptions.

However I did get very star struck when I met Maureen O'Hara a few years ago. Although very frail now she was truly a wonderful lady and had time for everyone even though she must have been tired. Totally a different class from other famous people I have met.
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Jennifer's had such a bad reputation for years now for being difficult and demanding.