Women Behind Bars with Trevor McDonald (ITV)

square_eyessquare_eyes Posts: 7,559
Forum Member
Who's watching Trev McD in real life Cell Block H ?

Comments

• riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am! :)
  • peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member
    Me.:)
  • fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    I'm watching. I know we saw the first woman who escaped from the first jail was in for double murder but did they say who it was it what the circumstances were? They seemed to focus on why she got moved from one jail to another rather than why she was in in the first place :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My God, 2 kids and she has been in prison for all of the younger one's life! How incredibly sad :( Seems she didn't lick it off the ground either, her mother being an ex-con as well. Really hope she makes good of her life when she gets out.
  • chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    fizzle90 wrote: »
    I'm watching. I know we saw the first woman who escaped from the first jail was in for double murder but did they say who it was it what the circumstances were? They seemed to focus on why she got moved from one jail to another rather than why she was in in the first place :p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Jo_Pender

110 year sentence :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed the mens and this one seems as good. I was so happy when I saw this advertised :D.
  • square_eyessquare_eyes Posts: 7,559
    Forum Member
    As prisons go, this one seems quite nice. :o

Lots of green open spaces.
  • coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    green855 wrote: »
    I enjoyed the mens and this one seems as good. I was so happy when I saw this advertised :D.

They seem very well behaved for women who have commited ultra violent crimes.
    Forum Member
    chloeb wrote: »

How can she be charged with murder then when she didn't actually murder anyone and wasn't there when they were murdered? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cooler wrote: »
    They seem very well behaved for women who have commited ultra violent crimes.

Maybe those crimes were against man. Perhaps their partners or driving under the influence. I think most of the inmates are there for drug charges.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forgot about this. I'll have to record it on ITV+1. I don't know whether I'll like it or not but I'll give it a chance though. It might feel too intimidating watching it, but I'll see when I watch it.
  • suki csuki c Posts: 6,085
    Forum Member
    Just curious - the older lady who's been in for 20 years and about to be released - just she just get 'turfed out' with no rehab,, progression to open prison, day release etc. as in the UK? It seems very wrong if not!
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chloeb wrote: »

America seems to like handing out the most ridiculous of sentences to people found guilty of the crime they've been accused of. I can't understand why the judge doesn't just tell the accused that they'll be spending the rest of their lives in prison. Handing out these absolutely ridiculous sentences just makes their judicial system look like a joke.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    America seems to like handing out the most ridiculous of sentences to people found guilty of the crime they've been accused of. I can't understand why the judge doesn't just tell the accused that they'll be spending the rest of their lives in prison. Handing out these absolutely ridiculous sentences just makes their judicial system look like a joke.

Not as much of a joke as here in Ireland where a "life" sentence means getting out after 12 years! Now that is a joke!
  • PinSarlaPinSarla Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That last girl was super cute :3

Didn't seem like a criminal to me :p
  • hansuehansue Posts: 14,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »

Or perhaps we r too soft over here. Life doesnt mean life here. Having said that her sentence does seem harsh if she didnt actually kill them.
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know what happened to her boyfriend, the person that actually killed those two people?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know what happened to her boyfriend, the person that actually killed those two people?

He got 90 years
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deleted
    Forum Member
    hansue wrote: »
    He got 90 years

Really?! She got 20 more years than him and he was the one that killed them!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really?! She got 20 more years than him and he was the one that killed them!

I think her escaping didnt help
  • coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The woman who said she was going to go on Google when she gets out, her surname is search.
    PinSarla wrote: »
    That last girl was super cute :3

Didn't seem like a criminal to me :p

You mean Sarah Pender?
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,980
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed the male prison show he did and this was just as good.. I always feel quite weird after watching these types of shows though as it kind of humanises them (in my own head anyway)
  • owlloverowllover Posts: 7,980
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed the male prison show he did and this was just as good.. I always feel quite weird after watching these types of shows though as it kind of humanises them (in my own head anyway)

I didn't see the male prison show but I understand exactly what you're saying.

Editing of course but I was struck by how articulate the featured women were. I wonder if Trevor Mcdonut was affeared to face the worst.
  • johnloonyjohnloony Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    How can she be charged with murder then when she didn't actually murder anyone and wasn't there when they were murdered? :confused:

She was (rightly) convicted under the principle of joint enterprise. She was intimately and intrinsically involved in organising, initiating and enabling the crime from start to finish. It was clear from the interview that she was very intelligent and manipulative in the way she had consciously bought the gun and arranged the murder.