Question Time - 12/06/2014

Phil_CoulthardPhil_Coulthard Posts: 2,843
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Tonight edition of the Topical Debate show come from Kings Lynn and tonight's Panel are...

Iain Duncan Smith (Conservative Work And Pensions Secretary)
Chris Bryant (Labour Welfare reform Minister)
Tessa Munt (Liberal Democrat)
Ian Hislop ( Private Eye editor)
Salma Yaqoob (Former Leader of the Respect Party)

Comments

• FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not a bad panel, in recent weeks it has been pretty poor.
  • Phil_CoulthardPhil_Coulthard Posts: 2,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a bad panel, in recent weeks it has been pretty poor.

Should be fun with I.D.S, the left wing will have a lot of poop thrown at him like he's a UKIP member
  • trunkstertrunkster Posts: 14,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bloody hell! That's a slanted panel. I wonder if they can turn into yet another UKIP bashing session without any UKIP representatives being there?
  • angarrackangarrack Posts: 5,493
    Forum Member
    Salma Yaqoob is there for the inevitable Birmingham Schools question I imagine.

She looked very weak and on the defensive when appearing on tv with others in front of one of the schools last week. She will be better prepared tonight for certain.
  • 3Sheets2TheWind3Sheets2TheWind Posts: 3,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Iain Duncan Smith is wearing a lot of layers as I can just imagine the handpicked leftie audience being ready to throw stuff.

Tessa Munt - is that some kind of comedy name?
  • Analogue110Analogue110 Posts: 3,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trunkster wrote: »
    Bloody hell! That's a slanted panel. I wonder if they can turn into yet another UKIP bashing session without any UKIP representatives being there?

Could be interesting. King's Lynn is right in "UKIP Country" on the Norfolk/Lincolnshire boarder
    Forum Member
    Chris Bryant - "Labour Welfare Reform Minister"?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    angarrack wrote: »

Shadow Welfare Reform Minister
    Forum Member
    I recommend a look at Tessa Munt's profile on wikipedia. An interesting, if somewhat muddled, career and life so far!
  • Buster1874Buster1874 Posts: 1,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

An oxymoron if ever there was one!
  • hoppyuppyhoppyuppy Posts: 10,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope Iain Duncan Smith is wearing a lot of layers as I can just imagine the handpicked leftie audience being ready to throw stuff.

Tessa Munt - is that some kind of comedy name?

It is probably a disguised Nick Clegg, same amount of letters. The Lib -dems couldn't even form an anagram.:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I recommend a look at Tessa Munt's profile on wikipedia. An interesting, if somewhat muddled, career and life so far!

Can't keep a job for long with out moving on, wonder if she'll swap seats in the middle of the Episode
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Will be interesting to see which Hislop turns up. Usually on QT he has a sarcastic rant and then does a stare into the audience.

I have a different view of him after Harry Enfield's impersonation of him :D
  • trunkstertrunkster Posts: 14,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could be interesting. King's Lynn is right in "UKIP Country" on the Norfolk/Lincolnshire boarder

No doubt Yaqoob will manage to turn any debate on the Trojan horse scandal into an "islamaphobia" whinge fest.
  • EnnerjeeEnnerjee Posts: 5,131
    Forum Member
    Shadow Welfare Reform Minister

Is that possible? Unless it indicates reforming welfare as far back as possible so that it make claimants more dependent on the Labour Party.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No doubt Yaqoob will manage to turn any debate on the Trojan horse scandal into an "islamaphobia" whinge fest.

It will be interesting to see how she handles that debate.

Wouldn't it make more sense to have the current leader of the Respect party on the panel?
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Chris Bryant has been brushing up on his EU knowledge:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-27803564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    I hope Chris Bryant has been brushing up on his EU knowledge:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-27803564

The poor sod ;-)

Although to be fair I cannot keep up with who's in the EU club and who isn't.

When the whole Ukraine situation started, I had to check if there were in the EU or not as I wasn't sure. If I was an MP I think I would be on the news on a daily basis for getting stuff wrong like that :p
  • Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,924
    Forum Member
    Good panel - looks to be more exciting than the last few weeks.

Hislop always good value.
    I wonder how much prep and rehearsing IDS will have had in order to disguise his loathsome rotten self. His behind-the-scenes people will be biting their nails till it's over.

As for Chris Bryant - I can't focus on anything he says; the image of him in his y-fronts posing on gaydar.co.uk is seared indelibly on my memory.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welsh-lad wrote: »
    Good panel - looks to be more exciting than the last few weeks.

Hislop always good value.
    I wonder how much prep and rehearsing IDS will have had in order to disguise his loathsome rotten self. His behind-the-scenes people will be biting their nails till it's over.

As for Chris Bryant - I can't focus on anything he says; the image of him in his y-fronts posing on gaydar.co.uk is seared indelibly on my memory.

IDS was given a bit of a poisoned chalice though. Welfare reform is needed, but there is little he could do that would be seen as fair.

I am the same when Chris Bryant is ever on QT and I can only see that nasty pair of baggy undies :o What made him that that pair was a good idea!? Surely it's your best pair of CKs for that sort of a photo?
  • Cg_EvansCg_Evans Posts: 2,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cant wait!!

ian Hislop and IDS

Bound to be a corker or two there
  • apaulapaul Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member

For a party with no MPs UKIP is, if anything, overrepresented on Question Time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Salma Yaqoob is there for the inevitable Birmingham Schools question I imagine.

She looked very weak and on the defensive when appearing on tv with others in front of one of the schools last week. She will be better prepared tonight for certain.
    On the TV interview you mention, when ask why no Non-Muslim school pupil went on the tax payers £47k to Mecca, she replied that there was not enough seats????:blush:
  • SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope Duncan smith gets his ass whipped.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And we're off