Options

The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 56)

Comments

• Options
    CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just got back from seeing WoS, weny with my mum and stepdad who have been to both tours with me

The Walking on sunshine scene at the tomato festival was brilliant i was laughing all the way through.

Leona's acting was great and she sounded even more amazing with cinema sound
    I completely agree with you Paul :D I loved the tomato festival, I was busting for a wee but held on just to see our girl sing her heart out.
    ariella52 wrote: »
    I'm going to see WOS on Wednesday. It's an afternoon performance so dont expect many people. However, a few of my friends have picked up on positive reviews of the film recently.

Looking forward to it. :D
    You'll LOVE it!
  • Options
    Paul_MarsdenPaul_Marsden Posts: 1,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i tweeted Leona to tell her what i thought of WoS and Danny Kirrane (Mickey) favourited my tweet :D
  • Options
    gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just thought, Stay and HEYA are both registered as part of Universal's publishing company, what are the chances we'll see them revisited? I think it's pretty slim to none, but she might work with Matthew Hales again, get a new gorgeous piano ballad for the album :D
  • Options
    Skye.91Skye.91 Posts: 697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gelbma0991 wrote: »
    I just thought, Stay and HEYA are both registered as part of Universal's publishing company, what are the chances we'll see them revisited? I think it's pretty slim to none, but she might work with Matthew Hales again, get a new gorgeous piano ballad for the album :D

That's very interesting.

Leona's angelic voice all came from Matthew Hales writing
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    geraldbaez wrote: »
    I actually find Battlefield very, very boring and it goes nowhere.

Cannonball is a great song - I love it too! And On My Way is great.

Meanwhile, I just recently discovered Empire State of Mind Part 2 by Alicia Keys.

That song is soooo amazing with just Alicia and the piano and without Jay Z. I didn't like Alicia's music before, but now I'm starting to alleviate some of her songs.

But hurry up Leona!!!!!!!! Even though I'm discovering new/old music, no one can replace you cause you're my Queen (and no one else's)! :D:p<3

Same here! I think Cannonball's production is really top-notch and I think it'd be cool to hear Leona sing on something like that :D I listened to a snippet of Battlefield once and it kind of bored me lol

Louder is also a nice song, but I can't even hear Leona singing something like that lol

I think it'd be amazing if she redid "Stay" - It's one of her most powerful ballads that should of made the cut...
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like this interview,

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/life/485341/Leona-Lewis-interview-on-new-film-and-Simon-Cowell

Though this made my heart sink a little,
    Leona has already been in the recording studio, although she’s not sure yet what direction the new record will take, so fans of her incredible voice will have towait a while longer.

As long as they keep her name out their while she records I'll be really pleased. At least we know we are getting at least one song for definite this year, the Giorgio Moroder song.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'd love her to work with Matthew Hales again, I love Stay and wouldn't actually mind if she did rework it and include it. It's a timeless song and I want it to be heard, though I think it is pretty certain she won't do anythig with it.
  • Options
    EnvoirmentEnvoirment Posts: 9,486
    Forum Member
    I hope she doesn't re-use old demos that have leaked. Rather get new material as we've already heard them. <3
  • Options
    VirtuosoVirtuoso Posts: 1,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Should we just constantly tweet her asking for 'How Everything You Are' on the next album? It might just work.
  • Options
    GreekFanGreekFan Posts: 6,203
    Forum Member
    Virtuoso wrote: »
    Should we just constantly tweet her asking for 'How Everything You Are' on the next album? It might just work.

Whaat? Do you want a track that you will definitely skip when you have the album?

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/oh_hell_no.gif
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I still cant believe that she turned Impossible down. Guurl what you were thinkin. I wish it
    Was the lead single of Echo (with Happy following)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    GreekFan wrote: »
    Whaat? Do you want a track that you will definitely skip when you have the album coz you've already listened to it 1000 times?

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/oh_hell_no.gif

It's fab but we need new material so... don't :p

Edit: Did I just quote myself? I am feeling drunk
  • Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    I really like this interview,

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/life/485341/Leona-Lewis-interview-on-new-film-and-Simon-Cowell

Though this made my heart sink a little,

As long as they keep her name out their while she records I'll be really pleased. At least we know we are getting at least one song for definite this year, the Giorgio Moroder song.

Love this article, especially as it's from a "proper" newspaper like The Express. I love how the interviewer describes Leona as bright and bubbly too. It's a side of her more and more people need to see. They need to get over the shy 21 year old who was a bit quiet and see how she's matured and evolved.
  • Options
    shatteredglassshatteredglass Posts: 1,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jessie J is announcing something music related tomorrow night. Perhaps Leona may be lending her voice to a feature now she's part of the Island family?
  • Options
    pespes Posts: 2,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.sundaypost.com/tv-showbiz/film/leona-lewis-is-walking-on-sunshine-despite-syco-split-1.444641

her first album with Island is due out later this year

mmmm..i do not think so but whatever
  • Options
    SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pes wrote: »
    http://www.sundaypost.com/tv-showbiz/film/leona-lewis-is-walking-on-sunshine-despite-syco-split-1.444641

her first album with Island is due out later this year

mmmm..i do not think so but whatever

YAS!! :D

What makes you think she's not releasing this year though?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    YAS!! :D

What makes you think she's not releasing this year though?

I don't really believe it either, fair enough if it was quoted as Leona saying it, but it might just be an assumption of the writer.

Maybe we should tweet him asking him if Leona told him that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really believe it either, fair enough if it was quoted as Leona saying it, but it might just be an assumption of the writer.

Maybe we should tweet him asking him if Leona told him that.

But when you posted that other article you believed it? :p It's like no one believes it when they say something positive but when it's negative everyone believes it lol :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But when you posted that other article you believed it? :p It's like no one believes it when they say something positive but when it's negative everyone believes it lol :p

I suppose, but they at least say,
    although she’s not sure yet what direction the new record will take,

So that question has obviously been asked and we are being told Leona's response. Leona hasn't been putting time scales on the album in any of her interviews, so I don't know why she would there. I hope it does come this year though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose, but they at least say,

So that question has obviously been asked and we are being told Leona's response. Leona hasn't been putting time scales on the album in any of her interviews, so I don't know why she would there. I hope it does come this year though.

But she clearly said at the premiere of WoS that's she's going back to basics and all will be powerful
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But she clearly said at the premiere of WoS that's she's going back to basics and all will be powerful

That doesn't mean they know exactly the sound though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So the writer replied to my tweet asking if the album was released this year for definite and he said,
    That's the plan. She told me she's working on it at the moment

I'm excited and hope it happens, just wish we knew when this announcement was coming.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So the writer replied to my tweet asking if the album was released this year for definite and he said,

I'm excited and hope it happens, just wish we knew when this announcement was coming.

Great! :D Well maybe this was our announcement? lol :D What writer was it though? The last article?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great! :D Well maybe this was our announcement? lol :D What writer was it though? The last article?

It was Darryl Smith from the Sunday Post article, the one who said the album would be out this year.

I actually don't know if I want him to be right weirdly, I kind of liked the idea of a Q1 release next year. As long as they handle things right and the material is good then that is all that matters.

And I hope that wasn't our announcement, I am wanting something a little more concrete. lol
This discussion has been closed.