Options

Is this the worst ever series?

muppeteermuppeteer Posts: 3,350
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'd previously have said series 4 was the worst. I think taking everything into account though, this is the worst series yet. It just seems pretty shambolic.

Comments

• Options
    SatanelSatanel Posts: 11,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would say this is the worst, yes. I quite enjoyed Series 4. :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Satanel wrote: »
    I would say this is the worst, yes. I quite enjoyed Series 4. :eek:

Haha snap :D

For me 2008, '09 and '10 were all in the region of great, pretty good and good with a few shockers here and there, but this year, is, well...a huge steaming pile of dung :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I would say worst yet. The worrying part is it had potential to be great, auditions were enjoyable to watch and the new judges were a refreshing change. It's a shame how things went down hill so quickly, ridiculous bringing Johnny and Frankie to live shows, the wrong people were kicked off week 1 and the press going mad about the 'feud' between Kelly and Tulisa. The weak talent and drama has ruined it for me this year :(
  • Options
    BabsefcBabsefc Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep have to agree. Although I do like all the new judges I think the talent is sadly lacking this year
  • Options
    AliceyAlicey Posts: 5,294
    Forum Member
    I detested Series 6. Olly, Danyl, Lloyd, Jedward and Jamie all irritated me immensely and I didn't rate them. I found Joe dull and Stacey merely okay. Horrible horrible series.
  • Options
    RandomPeter94RandomPeter94 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alicey wrote: »
    I detested Series 6. Olly, Danyl, Lloyd, Jedward and Jamie all irritated me immensely and I didn't rate them. I found Joe dull and Stacey merely okay. Horrible horrible series.

I liked Olly, Jamie and I loved Stacey. But that Series was crap in terms of talent.

This series is much better than last year and the year before in terms of talent, just a shame the wrong acts go first. It's better now that Frankie is gone.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 336
    Forum Member
    I disagree, overall, the acts this year have been talented. This was the year the WORST decisions were made and the whole "twist" was a load of cr*p. Judges should have been made to put through 3 acts and in my opinion, the judges did make the wrong choices on who to bring to the lives. We could have had a great top 7, add to that, some song choices have been horrendous.
  • Options
    digichantdigichant Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No it definitely is not the worst series ever. That crown goes to last year, there was absolutely no talent there apart from Treyc Cohen.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes IMO it is definitely the worst series yet- the talent is no where near as good as previous years and while I liked gary and kelly during the auditions, I can't stand them on the live shows

I miss Simon and Danni too
  • Options
    Tfan26Tfan26 Posts: 6,829
    Forum Member
    Absolutely not, series 4 was the worst.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't say it was the worst in terms of the acts. Things have been dire before.

But it is the worst in terms of song choices, the four who where kicked out lives week 1 etc.

The judging panel itself is shambolic. The split this year is worse than the Cole/Cowell and Danni/Loius one. At least those four had the grace to try and stay (mostly) professional.

Barlow and Rowland (sounds like a toffee or something) are both extremely immature and in Barlow's case quite vindictive. Rowland is just a drama queen.

Tulisa has done quite well, but you can tell she feels uncomfortable. Louis is clearly well P***sed off with Barlow in particular and tbh I dont blame him.

The result of this is a total mess.
  • Options
    gav016gav016 Posts: 5,836
    Forum Member
    This hasn't been a bad year in terms of talent, but in terms of song choices, decisions by the producers, and the insane public vote it's been my least favourite since series 4.

A series including Amelia, Little Mix, Sophie, James Michael, Kitty & Marcus should have turned out SO much better than it did.
  • Options
    AngelJeanAngelJean Posts: 4,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. At first I thought the new judges had brought in a much needed boost to the show but now I am bored. And worse still I think the acts and the judges look bored. Apart from Little Mix and Marcus none of the acts seem to be improving. In the past with the full force the production team behind the show most of the acts got better each week.

Sadly this year that is not the case.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,149
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This year is totally screwed I grant you that. If they try to bring it back next year with even more drama and fixes then surely that will be the utter pits.

I hope XFactor is finished and that The Voice takes over.
  • Options
    SunnySunshineSunnySunshine Posts: 5,399
    Forum Member
    It's the song choices for me.

They're so dreary and middle of the road - we've seen them all before.

No wonder so many people skip the Saturday show and just watch the quick rundown, guest and result on Sunday
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well its not one of the best. Too many arguments, too many twists, and most importantly, the format is starting to become stale. All the innocence has gone. Everyone knows the winner will not be a new star, they will have one hit single, an album, then most likely get dropped.

And the next year, it all starts again.
  • Options
    Damien.Damien. Posts: 18,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People really prefer series 4 to this? Go watch some of series 4 back..
  • Options
    SunnySunshineSunnySunshine Posts: 5,399
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed aspects of series 4: Rhydian, Same Difference and the girls.

I never enjoy the fake judge animosity.

I'm fine with Johnny making it to the live shows, and I get why they chose Frankie to drum up column inches for them. The way they have treated him is repugnant.

I don't think they're doing the contestants justice - or putting on an entertaining Saturday night show - with the godawful songs the producers are choosing.
  • Options
    George7George7 Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is the worst series, yes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *paul* wrote: »
    Well its not one of the best. Too many arguments, too many twists, and most importantly, the format is starting to become stale. All the innocence has gone. Everyone knows the winner will not be a new star, they will have one hit single, an album, then most likely get dropped.

And the next year, it all starts again.

I agree. It's sad in a way, but then all good things do inevitably come to an end. I'd rather see the show go out on a (relative) high than continue down this road of putting the producers and bitchy judges before the contestants and their viewing public.
    It's funny though, because every year people do nothing but complain about how it's going downhill, judges this, fix that, I'm never watching again...Facebook is always clogged up with status rants that's its just getting worse and worse, but we all still watch it the following year. It's like as collective, we the viewers have this sort of dysfunctional relationship with the X Factor, whereby as soon as the next season rolls around, we've happily forgotten all the drama of last year, and are ready to give it it's 476th 'last chance'. Obviously the producers and Simon are worried about waning viewing figures, they speak for themselves, but with figures still well into the millions, its obvious we're not ready to let it die just yet :D
  • Options
    galenagalena Posts: 7,277
    Forum Member
    Frankly I think it's too early to call - I think the show will plumb depths of badness in the coming weeks that will make anything we've seen before seem mild by comparison ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member
    Worst one I've watched, because the judges can't stop bickering and all the talent was culled and dumped into the groups instead.
  • Options
    rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In terms of talent it probably isn't the worst, but in terms of song choices, production etc it's been pitiful to be honest.

Opening twist was a joke, thankfully partly put right last night.

The judges for me actually seem too competitive, Gary Barlow in particular. Simon would also heap praise on his acts, but he'd never completely dismiss any bad comments from other judges the way Barlow does, it's very arrogant of him.
  • Options
    CMcKinleyCMcKinley Posts: 3,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is the worst, great car crash material though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes it is, if you're desperate for attention you might as well give up. It's better to be monotone and have the same rules in place every year, like Strictly Come Dancing!