DS LGBT members thread (Part 9)

Comments

• BethaneenyBethaneeny Posts: 10,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aww yay, that sounds great! :) Really good opportunity, let us know how it goes :) x
  • LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll be glad when this World Cup malarky is over.

Although I'd not heard of Neymar until now, and I'm glad I do.:blush::D
  • Sick n SexifiedSick n Sexified Posts: 1,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BTW I haven't mentioned that I might be volunteering with Samaritans soon! I'm going to an Information Day this Sunday and hopefully they take me on. It'll be very eye opening, and I hope I can help people through difficult times.

Oh wow that's pretty major! They can be real lifesavers so it's good you're doing something this worthwhile. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys! I don't know if I'll definitely be doing it yet, I'm going to the Information Day this Sunday and then presumably they'll tell me if I'm in and then there's obviously training to be done :)
  • FoxywarriorFoxywarrior Posts: 375
    Forum Member
    How old are you? I thought you'd be quite young :p

Erm, I would like to say 26 but add 20 years to that 😢😢 or in gay years I'm dead!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Erm, I would like to say 26 but add 20 years to that 😢😢 or in gay years I'm dead!!!

Hey you're not a silver surfer yet, you're still a daddy :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Woman sat at the next table in the coffee shop was annoying today. She was asked about her new bf...

"he's nice"
    "he's so nice"
    "he's a nice guy"
    "he's been on his own since July last"
    "he's nice"

Part of me wanted to say "quit rubbing it in" and the other half wanted to say "nice? is that the best you can come up with to describe him?"
  • lewiep93lewiep93 Posts: 5,880
    Forum Member
    Woman sat at the next table in the coffee shop was annoying today. She was asked about her new bf...

"he's nice"
    "he's so nice"
    "he's a nice guy"
    "he's been on his own since July last"
    "he's nice"

Part of me wanted to say "quit rubbing it in" and the other half wanted to say "nice? is that the best you can come up with to describe him?"

Urgh I bloody hate people who brag about their relationships, even more so on social networks when every status is about his/hers relationship. I'm just bitter and twisted aren't I? :D

Yeah is that really the best she could come up with? What about 'he's so gorgeous' or 'he brings me breakfast in bed' or something like that? :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lewiep93 wrote: »
    Urgh I bloody hate people who brag about their relationships, even more so on social networks when every status is about his/hers relationship. I'm just bitter and twisted aren't I? :D

Yeah is that really the best she could come up with? What about 'he's so gorgeous' or 'he brings me breakfast in bed' or something like that? :p

You know what bugs me too? when your bestie says her best friend and soulmate is her boyfriend. OK so I guess we're not besties anymore then lol!
    Forum Member
    You know what bugs me too? when your bestie says her best friend and soulmate is her boyfriend. OK so I guess we're not besties anymore then lol!

LOL! I can imagine that is extremely irritating. Luckily my bestie isn't in a relationship :p Yeah does that mean your not besties? It's not been thought through has it? :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL! I can imagine that is extremely irritating. Luckily my bestie isn't in a relationship :p Yeah does that mean your not besties? It's not been thought through has it? :p

Since we were at nursery. If I was at nursery I'd just pull her pigtails and say "I don't like you now!' But for some reason we can't do that at our age :kitty:
    Forum Member
    Since we were at nursery. If I was at nursery I'd just pull her pigtails and say "I don't like you now!' But for some reason we can't do that at our age :kitty:

Haha no we can't do that now, apparently its 'childish' :p

Full of cold yet again :(
    Forum Member
    Hey you're not a silver surfer yet, you're still a daddy :p

😂😂 I'm a real daddy too!! I get the best of both 😆😆
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    😂😂 I'm a real daddy too!! I get the best of both 😆😆

I was going to ask how many "cubs" you had but that's a little weird.

How many? :)
    Forum Member
    Thought I'd bump up the thread to page one (where it belongs) :) How's everyone's Saturday? I've spent most of mine on a sun lounger enjoying the sun :)

Don't know if anyone's seen on twitter but Ian Thorpe has revealed that he is gay in an interview with Michael Parkinson.

Good on him I have to say. He's suffered quite a bit in his personal life the past few years and I wish him well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well good for him for being able to finally do it. Its a shame he's had to go through the crap to get to that point.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought I'd bump up the thread to page one (where it belongs) :) How's everyone's Saturday? I've spent most of mine on a sun lounger enjoying the sun :)

Don't know if anyone's seen on twitter but Ian Thorpe has revealed that he is gay in an interview with Michael Parkinson.

Good on him I have to say. He's suffered quite a bit in his personal life the past few years and I wish him well.

No sun up the far north, I was working today so it's all good, are you on holiday? :)

The owner of Thorpe Park?
    Forum Member
    No sun up the far north, I was working today so it's all good, are you on holiday? :)

Oh that sucks :( It's supposed to thunder here later so that's the end of the nice weather. No I'm not on holiday unfortunately, it was either sunbathe in my garden or go into town :p

Lol no! He's an Olympic swimmer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I shouldn't laugh.. but PMSL! :D (I mean that in the nicest way though!)

I'm guessing you weren't very old back in the days of the Sydney '00 and Athens '04 games. (And the Manchester '02 Com Games) The guy was big news in swimming back then.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I shouldn't laugh.. but PMSL! :D (I mean that in the nicest way though!)

I'm guessing you weren't very old back in the days of the Sydney '00 and Athens '04 games. (And the Manchester '02 Com Games) The guy was big news in swimming back then.

What kind of stuff has he had to deal with in his personal life?

The only thing I remember from Athens 2004 was Paula Radcliffe being a big letdown. And I didn't know until recently that she shat in the streets during a marathon :blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What kind of stuff has he had to deal with in his personal life?
    I believe he has had to deal with depression.
    The only thing I remember from Athens 2004 was Paula Radcliffe being a big letdown. And I didn't know until recently that she shat in the streets during a marathon :blush:
    lol oh yes. We try to forget that bit! ;)

I'll be honest I remember bugger all from them games as well. Other than the hoo-haa over the fear it wouldn't be ready on time.

Does anyone know if the Parky interview with Thorpe will be on UK telly?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's something that struck me this morning upon pondering the Ian Thorpe's interview; the majority of celebs coming out in the last 6 - 12 months have been male. I wonder why that is?
    Is it just a weird stat or are there less famous ladies that have made the headlines in '13-'14?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's something that struck me this morning upon pondering the Ian Thorpe's interview; the majority of celebs coming out in the last 6 - 12 months have been male. I wonder why that is?
    Is it just a weird stat or are there less famous ladies that have made the headlines in '13-'14?

The only female stars that have came out recently that I can remember are Ellen Page and Raven Symone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well you did better than me. I couldn't think of any off the top of my head.

Of course, now you mention them I do remember that they had come out. Just strikes me as unusual that it seems to be predominantly male 'celebs'.

BTW I had to cringe at the radio newsreader reading out that "Ian Thorpe has come out as gay". Seems a bit of an old fashioned clunky way of saying it. Surely the wording now is "has announced/revealed/declared that.."? Nit picking I know, but it just felt like it was something from 20 years ago.
    Forum Member
    I was going to ask how many "cubs" you had but that's a little weird.

How many? :)

Just the one. 15 next Feb 😮😮😊