Is 50 The New 40?

Comments

• Deb ArkleDeb Arkle Posts: 12,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll be 50 this summer, I'm really looking forward to it! Each decade has been so much more fun than the last, so far. :D
  • Pandora 9Pandora 9 Posts: 2,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sexy Sixty is next :p
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pandora 9 wrote: »
    Sexy Sixty is next :p

Sexy seventy for me! Ouch! :D
  • Poppy99Poppy99 Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    On a good day 50 (not there yet but close) is the new 40, but on a bad day it is the old 70
  • Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't even want to think about turning 40 or perish the thought 50.

I am still coping with turning 30 a year ago.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pah! Child. *snootyface* :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deb Arkle wrote: »
    I'll be 50 this summer, I'm really looking forward to it! Each decade has been so much more fun than the last, so far. :D

Yeah right Deb. Did you spend your late teens, 20s and 30s in a Bangladeshi jail!?
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    I am in my forties and I am dreading reaching the big 50 because a friend of mine told me it was all downhill from there.

I need cheering up ...

Try an ecig, that will help :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Big.Al wrote: »
    Yeah right Deb. Did you spend your late teens, 20s and 30s in a Bangladeshi jail!?
    No - in discos, but I'm sure there might be similarities.....;-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deb Arkle wrote: »
    No - in discos, but I'm sure there might be similarities.....;-)

Haha!
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Uffa wrote: »
    :-D You love it. You know you do. :-)
    I'm such a liar ;-)

I can always count on Pandora not to be very far away.
    You and the Wizard do just a fine job too in cheering her up jra. You deserve a medal. :-D At least you put a smile on my face .

When you say you, is it me, Wizard or both. :confused:
  • UffaUffa Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jra wrote: »
    I can always count on Pandora not to be very far away.

When you say you, is it me, Wizard or both. :confused:

Sorry I meant you as in jra. :)
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    I am in my forties and I am dreading reaching the big 50 because a friend of mine told me it was all downhill from there.

I need cheering up ...

Sorry, but 50 is still 50.
    Forum Member
    Sorry I meant you as in jra. :)

That's very kind of you to say what you've said above.

:)
  • Biker JeffBiker Jeff Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Entering your 50's is great..... apart from your doctor taking an interest in your prostate.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Biker Jeff wrote: »
    Entering your 50's is great..... apart from your doctor taking an interest in your prostate.

Are you dribbling?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you dribbling?

Dribble free at both ends, but thanks for your concern.
  • DaisyBillDaisyBill Posts: 4,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm 54 and I feel good. Firstly I'm thankful not to have any illnesses or disabilities. Secondly I take care of myself. I gave up smoking and drinking years ago, eat healthily (well most of the time) and exercise regularly.
    Other than I'll health, there is no need to look ,feel or act old at any age. Just put the effort in to look after yourself and you will feel fine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Biker Jeff wrote: »
    Dribble free at both ends, but thanks for your concern.

So pleased you are dribble free :kitty:
  • rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm such a liar ;-)

Well ain't that you telling the truth this time Danni...sorry pandora9. Are you really turning 50 ?:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rbdcay wrote: »
    Well ain't that you telling the truth this time Danni...sorry pandora9. Are you really turning 50 ?:p

No comment and I am called Pandora ...
    Forum Member
    Are you dribbling?

FYI, prostate cancer is one of the major killers of men in later life and IMO has been neglected in terms of public awareness/publicity campaigns. It has taken a back seat compared with breast cancer, particularly with Cancer Research UK, who seem to focus mainly on female cancers/breast cancer. Thankfully, recently, Bill Bailey has brought forward more public awareness about the issue of prostate cancer with the TV adverts he's appeared in.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FYI, prostate cancer is one of the major killers of men in later life and IMO has been neglected in terms of public awareness/publicity campaigns. It has taken a back seat compared with breast cancer, particularly with Cancer Research UK, who seem to focus mainly on female cancers/breast cancer. Thankfully, recently, Bill Bailey has brought forward more public awareness about the issue of prostate cancer with the TV adverts he's appeared in.

Totally agree.......
    My Father was diagnosed with prostate cancer when he was in his 60's, because it was caught early he was totally cured of it with radiotherapy.
    So the indignity of a doctor sticking their finger up your arse is definitely preferable to possible late stage prostate cancer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I hope you aren't dribbling all over your young lady.
    Forum Member
    I hope you aren't dribbling all over your young lady.

Whatever I do with other women is by mutual consent and you might want to take the issue of prostate cancer a bit more seriously.