True Blood - Season 7 (US Pace)

The final season of True Blood will air on HBO Sundays at 9pm from June 22nd and HBO have released a tiny teaser trailer ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVQxAGDZTFw

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's a long way off!
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    True blood is always due in June so i don't see it as a long way off

I will be sad to see this end. Others have felt it had gone downhill, for me it is as strong ever but it has had a great run and i can't wait to see how it all ends,
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will be sad to see it go but it's ending at the right time. The last two seasons have been great imo and if the final season can maintain the same level of quality then it'll be going out on a high as far as I'm concerned. It's never been the most sophisticated or classiest show on the box but it has a "vibe" of its own and I've enjoyed it immensely (specially seasons 2,5 & 6) and to me that's what counts.
  • mrprossermrprosser Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    will it end the same way as the books?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RebelScum wrote: »
    I will be sad to see it go but it's ending at the right time. The last two seasons have been great imo and if the final season can maintain the same level of quality then it'll be going out on a high as far as I'm concerned. It's never been the most sophisticated or classiest show on the box but it has a "vibe" of its own and I've enjoyed it immensely (specially seasons 2,5 & 6) and to me that's what counts.

That's what i have always liked about True blood. It isn't classy. It can be a bit camp and silly. It's never tried to be anything that it's not. But it's taken a classic tale of Vampires into new heights and realms into a modern and original way, that hasn't felt like a rehash of what has been done before.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Some small clips for Season 7 in HBO's Spring trailer ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGDl8VQyJck
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    Looks good. Hopefully the show will go out on a high.
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    Unless I'm simply not seeing him, I haven't seen Eric in any of these trailers...
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    Flash525 wrote: »
    Unless I'm simply not seeing him, I haven't seen Eric in any of these trailers...

they are obviously trying to keep him under wraps as he walked into the sun, but I don't think anyone believes he is not in it this season trailers or no, he's the best thing about the show, Pam too
    Forum Member
    TWS wrote: »
    they are obviously trying to keep him under wraps as he walked into the sun, but I don't think anyone believes he is not in it this season trailers or no, he's the best thing about the show, Pam too
    I think I saw Pam in the trailer.
  • SunnyBearsSunnyBears Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    Mmmm Eric!

Looking forward to it. I find Sookie a lot less annoying on the TV than in the books.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SunnyBears wrote: »
    Mmmm Eric!

Looking forward to it. I find Sookie a lot less annoying on the TV than in the books.

I find her annoying full stop. Imo, i think it is largely due to Anna Paquin. She isn't a terrible actress but she is limited with what she can do with her acting skills. To lead a television show, you need to have a strong and commanding screen presence, which she lacks totally. The supporting cast blow her out of the water. Especially Rutina Wesley, Kristin Bauer Van Straten and Carrie Preston.
    Forum Member
    SunnyBears wrote: »
    Mmmm Eric!

Same here. She's a bit grating in the book.

I'm probably also the only fan who doesn't care if Eric is alive. I find him overrated as a character.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »

I'm probably also the only fan who doesn't care if Eric is alive. I find him overrated as a character.
    He is. But how he survived will be the big question.
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New poster, which seems to be teasing Sookie becoming a vamp-

http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q588/411mania1/Triple%20H/True%20Blood/tbs7poster.jpg
    Forum Member
    JCR wrote: »
    New poster, which seems to be teasing Sookie becoming a vamp-

http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q588/411mania1/Triple%20H/True%20Blood/tbs7poster.jpg
    That, for her character, was inevitable.
  • Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »

I dislike Eric cause he killed off fierce Steve Newlin :(

I got fed up with Snooki last year after she jumped onto Warlow!!!! What was she thinking >:( she belongs to Bill though for Endgame.
    Forum Member
    Mr_XcX wrote: »
    I got fed up with Snooki last year after she jumped onto Warlow!!!! What was she thinking >:( she belongs to Bill though for Endgame.
    Pun Intended?
  • Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flash525 wrote: »
    Pun Intended?

:D:D:D

Yep.

Sarah Newlin better be back this year. I love her craziness.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the only thing i never liked about season 6 was the Warlow and Sookie arc. It was obvious from the start this new guy that appeared wasn't all he appeared and when him and sookie finally got together, the spent a few episodes laying naked under a treet in the fairy land just kissing and talking. Then the end to the arc felt rushed and anti-climatic.
    Forum Member
    UK viewers can see Season 7 Mondays 9pm on FOXUK from July 7th.
  • rachpidrachpid Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    Mr_XcX wrote: »
    I dislike Eric cause he killed off fierce Steve Newlin :(

Book spoiler:
    If it ends like the books she ends up with Sam!! And she doesn't become vamp either.
    Forum Member
    rachpid wrote: »
    Book spoiler:
    If it ends like the books she ends up with Sam!! And she doesn't become vamp either.
    I can't see her ending up with Sam but I really hope she doesn't become a vampire though Warlow did prove that fairies can be turned into them.
  • patchcatpatchcat Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    I obviously don't remember the end of last series... I do seem to remember Eric laying on a sunbed on top of a mountain or something?