Tina from EE; infuriatingly child like.

TrebleKingTrebleKing Posts: 2,390
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Does she she bug anybody else? I find her irritatingly childish most of the time. She's 40 for f#cks sake, yet she prances about in clothes and hairstyles a 15 year old would be embarrassed with, and behaves accordingly. She's not all bad, though. I think she's very kind hearted and very attractive. She could be so much more, though.

Comments

• trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    I cannot stand Tina. She actually makes me want to puke she is so sickly childish and embarassing. I keep saying imagine if they brought Zsa Zsa back :o She was quite mature and next to her Mum the whole set up would be difficult to take seriously.
  • cobwebsoupcobwebsoup Posts: 4,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love her. She's a fun character played by a good actress.
  • Heathyheath_Heathyheath_ Posts: 986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't find Tina particularly annoying but when it comes to the Carter family as a whole I have to admit that she is one of my least favourite characters. Really I don't see any harm in a soap character who has a bit of fun and isn't serious all the time. Tina is a character who I can never see becoming a major player in the soap and that's okay because not everybody can be. I'd scale back the childishness a little but it's not something I view as a massive problem.

One thing I will say is that her child like behaviour is probably over exaggerated to provide a stronger contrast between her and the much more serious and mature (despite being younger) Tosh. If they're going a domestic abuse route I'd say we're going to be exploring this much more in the future so the differences between them are just being made clear from the get go
  • doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member
    She is incredibly annoying.

WHY a 40-year-old wants a fairy costume complete with sparkly wings I have no idea.

I am surprised that none of her family seem to question her childish behaviour, or seek any advice.
    EE should bite the bullet and go down the mental illness route with Tina.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    Annoying and not enjoyable to look at also. I cringe through most of her scenes (did like the bonding with Billy though).
  • B*witchedB*witched Posts: 5,647
    Forum Member
    Love the actress, always been a fan of Luisa. Tina did annoy me at first but it doesn't really bother me so much now that's she's quite child-like. As another person has already said, she has some positive traits as well.
  • dickronsondickronson Posts: 2,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also felt sorry for Tosh. I'd be really angry if I had an important work do, (we had seen that it was a big deal to Tosh) and my partner got so shit faced she couldn't come at the last minute.

But I suppose in Eastenders land we are supposed to be on Tina's side about that?
    I mean, Tosh being ambitious and wanting to further her career makes you an arsehole in Walford.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't see a problem really
    Yes she is childish but then that is Tina. You can't help but wonder with her childhood being taken away from her with her mum doing a runner and the poor treatment from her dad, the childish part has remained because of this.

Plus i think she is simply lovely to watch.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are people like that in real life you know?
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's ok in small doses and when not slobbering over Sonia.
    Forum Member
    Don't see a problem really
    Yes she is childish but then that is Tina. You can't help but wonder with her childhood being taken away from her with her mum doing a runner and the poor treatment from her dad, the childish part has remained because of this.

Plus i think she is simply lovely to watch.

She loves her Dad and doesn't seem remotely bothered by a bad upbringing. I don't think she was as if so she'd have had to grow up a bit.

I really dislike Tina and cannot fathom why the have chosen this character for her. Is it because she is a lesbian :confused: 'roll eyes' It would be harder verging on the impossible to act like she is if she was in a conventional relationship though a pairing with Billy might have allowed it somewhat.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's a bit ridiculous sometimes but she's a nice person and I felt bad for her when Tosh was saying go buy a new dress, get your hair done etc. I think that's mean.
  • jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite like her. At least she isn't miserable all the time and when she smiles, I smile.
  • TrebleKingTrebleKing Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm no way condoning domestic, physical abuse in any way, shape or form but the way Tina carries on like a stupid child perhaps indicates the motivation Tosh receives when she kicks the shit out of her.
  • Chris MarkChris Mark Posts: 4,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TrebleKing wrote: »
    I'm no way condoning domestic, physical abuse in any way, shape or form but the way Tina carries on like a stupid child perhaps indicates the motivation Tosh receives when she kicks the shit out of her.

There's never any excuse for abusing somebody physically or emotionally.

I find people irritating sometimes but I don't go around smacking the shit out of them.
  • Chris MarkChris Mark Posts: 4,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tina is harmless, there are worse things to be than immature even if it can be infuriating at times.
  • O-JO-J Posts: 18,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually like Tina!
  • Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    I'm sure the idea of having a "child woman" seemed like a good one in the writing room but she's just annoying on screen.
  • Cuddly_CatCuddly_Cat Posts: 2,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TrebleKing wrote: »

No excuse for domestic abuse!

There are women like this in real life who just see life as one big party. The pigtails and bunches in her hair are like a little girl's. She can't cope with real life for some reason and that's why she got drunk when she was supposed to go to Tosh's work do. Still there is no excuse for Tosh to be a bully.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    She's growing on me:o
    Forum Member
    Cuddly_Cat wrote: »

There are women like this in real life who just see life as one big party. The pigtails and bunches in her hair are like a little girl's. She can't cope with real life for some reason and that's why she got drunk when she was supposed to go to Tosh's work do. Still there is no excuse for Tosh to be a bully.

Tosh hasn't been a bully to her though unless being the adult in the relationship makes her come across like that. I think Tosh's behaviour is perfectly acceptable and Tina's aggravating beyond belief.

Tina seems to have forgiven Tosh for her abuse and we haven't seen any sign of it so I suppose we just have to judge on what we've got and IMO Tosh needs to get herself a decent girlfriend who won't show her up in public :cool:
  • TrebleKingTrebleKing Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris Mark wrote: »
    There's never any excuse for abusing somebody physically or emotionally.

I find people irritating sometimes but I don't go around smacking the shit out of them.
    Cuddly_Cat wrote: »

I said I wasn't condoning it, only explaining one of the possible reasons that Tosh kicks off at her.
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    In the Zsa Zsa era wasn't the portrayal of Tina completely different to what we have now
  • Gigi MichaelsGigi Michaels Posts: 1,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This thread is interesting in that it shows a nearly exactly equal division between love/dislike for Tina. Guess that means she's a good character Personally, I want to smack her (not literally) in an effort to make her grow up. Woman-to-woman, she annoys the f__k out of me.
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,265
    Forum Member
    I luv Tina :D she is fun and who says you have to act your age?