Comments

• Options
    davadsdavads Posts: 8,644
    Forum Member
    Hmm. Not sure what I think of that idea. I like Harry and I like Stars In Their Eyes (to tempt a catchphrase), but the show doesn't need to be made into a comedy, as it presumably would be. I think maybe, great as it was, SITE should be left in the past.
  • Options
    leslie123leslie123 Posts: 2,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would love to see it come back. Have been watching some of the old ones on Challenge recently. I wonder what studio they would use. Everyone used to refer to the production team as being like a family at Quay Street. Would they bring it to London or keep it in the north. There must surely be a suitable studio at Media City, Salford. One thing is for sure, it would be quite refreshing to see it again on a Saturday night instead of Cowell and his cronies on X- Factor.
  • Options
    Shady_Pines1Shady_Pines1 Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it might be quite good. It would probably have higher production values than the old one which could be pretty ropey.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think it might be quite good. It would probably have higher production values than the old one which could be pretty ropey.

You think? I reckon it was pretty top quality. The makeovers were usually excellent.
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was talk a couple of years ago of reviving it and they went as far as to announce a pilot would be made at Quay Street when Granada were in residence but it never happened.Plenty of studio space at Media City.
  • Options
    Shady_Pines1Shady_Pines1 Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davads wrote: »
    You think? I reckon it was pretty top quality. The makeovers were usually excellent.

The makeovers were good but some of the actual staging was a bit shit.

That said, I'll never get over a particular "Dusty Springfield" who came through the doors as a dead ringer for Myra Hindley. Terrifying!
  • Options
    NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wasn’t really a fan of Stars in Their Eyes originally, but if ITV want to re-make it then good luck to them. But what I don’t like about this news is that Harry Hill is to be the host. I really like Harry Hill, but I can’t help but think this would be a terrible vehicle for him which would allow very little of his creativity to shine through, the creativity that made TV Burp so popular.
    I’ve said it before, but I think if Harry Hill wants to do something different he should do a comedy game show, sort of like Celebrity Juice or something.
  • Options
    hmeisterhmeister Posts: 2,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A few years ago I would've loved this news but knowing ITV they'd ruin it with TOWIE stars and Stephen Mulhern.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Name That Tune is coming back as well.
  • Options
    allafixallafix Posts: 20,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Harry Hill but I hated Stars in Their Eyes. Such a clunky cross between karaoke and dressing up. Unless they turn it into some kind of pisstake of deluded contestants I don't see how it can work with Harry Hill as host.
  • Options
    goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked'' Stars in their eyes''
  • Options
    TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harrys CH4 show had a lot of Harry doing singing impersonations of various people.

So it's not a stretch to imagine that will happen in this show, Harry kicks of each episode with his very own makeover...

Sounds ghastly.
  • Options
    alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good God - they HAVE run out of ideas!
    NTT and SITE weren't all that good back in the day anyway!
    What region was it that foisted that doggerel on the network?
  • Options
    BryanandLucBryanandLuc Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait, loved Stars in their eyes
    But not Harry Hill as the compere - Cat Deeley did the last series, she was vewry good
  • Options
    Ivor FannyIvor Fanny Posts: 969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what was that show that was on last year - a sort of celeb version?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ivor Fanny wrote: »
    what was that show that was on last year - a sort of celeb version?

Your Face Sounds Familiar.
  • Options
    AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    About time too. It's perfect Saturday night entertainment.
  • Options
    SaturnVSaturnV Posts: 11,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They'll be able to use Harry Hill's scripts from You've Been Framed as all he does there is constantly point out 'celebrities'
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    Harry Hill as a host? I don't think I'll be watching. Have never understood how he's so popular.
  • Options
    leicslad46leicslad46 Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The itv revival machine is bringing back shows that served them well. But one gripe that i have is that some of the shows mentioned are purely celeb mr and mrs and family fortunes to name two. Harry hill isnt the man to front stars in their eyes. Paddy mcguinness would be a good host

I would have liked itv to bring back

winner takes all
    price is right
    wheel of fortune
    blind date
    take your pick
    the people versus
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    The makeovers were good but some of the actual staging was a bit shit.

That said, I'll never get over a particular "Dusty Springfield" who came through the doors as a dead ringer for Myra Hindley. Terrifying!

Always wondered what she and the make over people must have thought....Was it a case of we can't fix it now so lets leave it, Or did they all just ignore the issue
  • Options
    topcat3topcat3 Posts: 3,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it's quite a silly concept when you think about it, winning all that money just because you happen to sound like another person
  • Options
    finluxfinlux Posts: 3,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hmeister wrote: »
    A few years ago I would've loved this news but knowing ITV they'd ruin it with TOWIE stars and Stephen Mulhern.

This.
  • Options
    Johnny_CashJohnny_Cash Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love stars for their eyes but you know it will be celebrities, ITV dont do stuff with normal people, they think we just want to see celebrities on everything they make.
  • Options
    actual_soapactual_soap Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    Loved Stars In Their Eyes, but I wouldn't like to ruin its good nane with a reboot. Especially with Harry. If MK came back I'd welcome it