Options

Don't really get why Chris is so popular.

Donna65Donna65 Posts: 1,303
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Don't get me wrong, I don't mind Chris - he's certainly one of the nicer HMs this year, but I don't really get why he's quite so popular. I can't really see what he's done to warrant being the favourite of so many. He's not really a major player in much of the HLs shows and just seems to stay in the back ground really. He certainly hasn't been seen to stick up for his so called "friends" in any of the showdowns and when confronted by Jale last night he completely backed down and said he shouldn't have said the things he did. I suppose the best thing about him is the things he says in the diary room and many of us tend to agree with his observations. As I said, I quite like him (very few people to like in this household), but can't really see what he's done to be a winner. Anyone care to enlighten me?

Comments

• Options
    VesnaVesna Posts: 31,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's less entertaining than watching paint dry.
  • Options
    farlofanfarlofan Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's a decent normal person. Most of them aren't.
  • Options
    PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he is a bit nice, and nice is a very rare commodity in this house, what he needs is a bit of courage, follow the yellow brick road Chris :p
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like how when he does something wrong he holds his hands up and admits he was wrong to do it, he quietly took on Pauline and gave us a chance to get her out, and some of his chats in the diary room are brilliant. Enough so far for me to say he is a favourite.
  • Options
    AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Donna65 wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong, I don't mind Chris - he's certainly one of the nicer HMs this year, but I don't really get why he's quite so popular. I can't really see what he's done to warrant being the favourite of so many. He's not really a major player in much of the HLs shows and just seems to stay in the back ground really. He certainly hasn't been seen to stick up for his so called "friends" in any of the showdowns and when confronted by Jale last night he completely backed down and said he shouldn't have said the things he did. I suppose the best thing about him is the things he says in the diary room and many of us tend to agree with his observations. As I said, I quite like him (very few people to like in this household), but can't really see what he's done to be a winner. Anyone care to enlighten me?

The people who only see highlights never see him swearing, never see him shouting, never see him bitching, always see him being polite and quiet. Compared with the others he stands out. He also stands out in the DR.
  • Options
    BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pitman wrote: »
    he is a bit nice, and nice is a very rare commodity in this house, what he needs is a bit of courage, follow the yellow brick road Chris :p

Agree!

He doesn't set the world on fire but in that house this year, he's by far the nicest IMO, alongside Christopher.

I'm warming to Mark purely because he does entertain me a tad.......or at least I smile now and again at his theatrical strops and rants lol.

:)
  • Options
    AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    BlueStreak wrote: »
    Agree!

He doesn't set the world on fire but in that house this year, he's by far the nicest IMO, alongside Christopher.

I'm warming to Mark purely because he does entertain me a tad.......or at least I smile now and again at his theatrical strops and rants lol.

Chris Christopher and Mark are the best of them.
  • Options
    zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member
    Agree!

Don't do it! remember he is a BB pet who has been on other reality shows before and is fake.:(
  • Options
    Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's a viewer not a HM so a lot identify with him.
    He got caught by Jale writing the equivalent of a nasty post about her.:D

I really hope he doesn't win.
  • Options
    Pices-55Pices-55 Posts: 18,401
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did like him, in fact he was one of my favs but he has become wallpaper, so dull and boring with no interaction with the others.And I dont get why he is so precious to the others tbh, I was shocked to see even Helen mouthing off as to why anyone would nom him the other day, he is a coward and very uninteresting imo.He can go as soon as possible though I doubt he will for a while.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zelda fan wrote: »
    Don't do it! remember he is a BB pet who has been on other reality shows before and is fake.:(

Not to worry I would never vote for him. I was merely pointing out that in light of the other horrors in the house, at least he was making me smile a tad.

Chris if my firm favourite, followed by Christopher then Ashleigh, which surprises me in fact.

Mark is my 'go on have a theatrical flounce' housemate.

Those that know me, know I love a theatrical flounce :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    farlofan wrote: »
    He's a decent normal person. Most of them aren't.
    We have different definitions for decent then. I did not find him sitting by and watching Pauline savage Jalae nor his sitting by and watching Helen savage Ashliegh the slightest bit decent. I also didn't find his putting Christopher up for nomination at all decent. Just another PILE on.

Can you tell me what decent thing he's done. Sitting by and watching hm's get bullied, ostracized and doing it himself is not what I'd call decent.
    Agree!

He's not at all the nicest person, Christopher is but Chris is not. Christopher tried to get Pauline, Toya and Helen to back off to stop bullying. Christopher STEPPED in to stop Helen from savaging Ashleigh. What did Chris do? OH yeah he sat, he smoked, he listened and then he left.

It's insulting to say Chris is anything like Christopher, Christopher has his balls on all the time, Chris only uses them in the DR or when bitching with the kids like a silly schoolgirl.
  • Options
    SonicmfcSonicmfc Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's an underdog, mature and not particularly nasty: A winning formula for BB which so many contestants don't seem to understand yet...
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    He was very popular when he was Power HM.

But like a lot of actors when he doesn't have a role to play he just a normal bloke.
  • Options
    viewer123viewer123 Posts: 1,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vesna wrote: »

It's insulting to say Chris is anything like Christopher, Christopher has his balls on all the time, Chris only uses them in the DR or when bitching with the kids like a silly schoolgirl.

LOL, keyboard warrior, chill out, it's only a game show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sonicmfc wrote: »
    He's an underdog, mature and not particularly nasty: A winning formula for BB which so many contestants don't seem to understand yet...

He's not particularly nasty? I thought he was particularly nasty about Christopher in the DR a couple of times.

And in the clip of him being a gossip with the kids he was being particularly nasty there too.

Of course other than that, he's been just plain old boring, doesn't do anything but sit, smoke and listen. Never contributes, never intervenes, just sits there.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,927
    Forum Member
    And in the clip of him being a gossip with the kids he was being particularly nasty there too.
    No he wasn't. You're clutching at straws. He was pointing out a fact. He even prefaced it with "I'm going to go bitchy now" or somesuch. He was in generally good humour.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We have different definitions for decent then. I did not find him sitting by and watching Pauline savage Jalae nor his sitting by and watching Helen savage Ashliegh the slightest bit decent. I also didn't find his putting Christopher up for nomination at all decent. Just another PILE on.

Can you tell me what decent thing he's done. Sitting by and watching hm's get bullied, ostracized and doing it himself is not what I'd call decent.

He's not at all the nicest person, Christopher is but Chris is not. Christopher tried to get Pauline, Toya and Helen to back off to stop bullying. Christopher STEPPED in to stop Helen from savaging Ashleigh. What did Chris do? OH yeah he sat, he smoked, he listened and then he left.

Excuse I, if I have insulted you by simply saying who I prefer in the house LOL!

Would you care to enlighten me who I should have as a favourite so I don't insult anyone in the future?

• Options
    SunnydaysSunnydays Posts: 12,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is a personal thing........not keen on loud-mouthed people who shout a lot and don't listen.........or tell everybody what they are like.......i.e. I am funny, I am........that is for others to find out and say......

For me he is the best of an otherwise uninteresting bunch of HMs who are just so full of themselves....... he seems to be quiet, reasonable, and not too smug or vain........to others he would seem boring.......he is OK......
  • Options
    SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last year, Sam was accused of being boring and would be a terrible winner by about 90% of the forum, so for the forum to support Chris is very hypocritical. I don't think the excuse that they aren't very likeable this year can be used either, because there weren't many likeable HM's last year either.
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excuse I, if I have insulted you by simply saying who I prefer in the house LOL!

Would you care to enlighten me who I should have as a favourite so I don't insult anyone in the future?

Cool, nice one:cool::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SegaGamer wrote: »
    Last year, Sam was accused of being boring and would be a terrible winner by about 90% of the forum, so for the forum to support Chris is very hypocritical. I don't think the excuse that they aren't very likeable this year can be used either, because there weren't many likeable HM's last year either.

I didn't watch last years, so am I excused?

;-)
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SegaGamer wrote: »

:D:D:D:D A forum with different opinions....hypocritical ...oh my. Hahaha
  • Options
    SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't watch last years, so am I excused?

;-)

Fair enough :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    YesNoMan wrote: »
    No he wasn't. You're clutching at straws. He was pointing out a fact. He even prefaced it with "I'm going to go bitchy now" or somesuch. He was in generally good humour.

Sorry but as I'm not a hypocrite and I don't rewrite what they say or do, we're never going to agree. I notice you made no comment on his being cruel about Christopher in the DR and putting him up for nomination knowing that Christopher was having a hard time. Doesn't fit the narrative?