Keloid Scar

abs2512abs2512 Posts: 611
Forum Member
✭✭
Three months ago I had a pretty major surgery which has resulted in a 8inch scar that is now Keloid - I have been using an oil recommended to help improve the appearance of the scar, but it says I should only use it twice daily. Is there any reason for that and if I use the oil more than twice daily will I risk doing more damage than good.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Possibly too much Vitamin A - but I think you´d have to really overdo it with the oil to get to that level.

Maybe just it takes some hours for your skin to absorb the oil fully and for it to take effect so applying it more than twice a day doesn´t improve the outcome?

I would advise asking the pharmacist (or your doctor).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    I get keloid scarring, unfortunately there is nothing that you can do about it, its just the way your skin heals. I recently had surgery and also have a 6 inch scar on my ankle that has gone keloid. I still have scars on my shoulders for acne as a teenager. I've learnt to embrace them - its just part of me and the way I am, if others don't like looking at it, then thats not my problem :)

As for the Bio Oil - I still use mine, sometimes 4x per day - it won't do you any harm :)
  • BZRBZR Posts: 2,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a keloid scar on my ear, after six rounds of steroid injections I can still feel a slight lump, the scar is just a bit darker than my actual skin so I've never tried to cover it, never known anyone except my brother to have keloids so although I have offered no advice I just wanted to say hi :blush:
  • David MillsDavid Mills Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Get some serrapeptase, you can get it on Amazon or other websites but Amazon has a good reasonable priced one.

It dissolves scar tissue and will dissolve your scar for you.

http://serrapeptasefor.me/the-role-of-natural-enzymes-called-serrapeptase-in-scar-tissue/

That link explains how it does it and it says there it can remove keloids.

I haven't had that type of scar but I did have scar tissue from an injury were I snapped my arm in two through a weight lifting accident and it completely dissolved the scar tissue from that over a few weeks of taking it and my arm is fantastic now.
  • abs2512abs2512 Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Get some serrapeptase, you can get it on Amazon or other websites but Amazon has a good reasonable priced one.

It dissolves scar tissue and will dissolve your scar for you.

http://serrapeptasefor.me/the-role-of-natural-enzymes-called-serrapeptase-in-scar-tissue/

That link explains how it does it and it says there it can remove keloids.

I haven't had that type of scar but I did have scar tissue from an injury were I snapped my arm in two through a weight lifting accident and it completely dissolved the scar tissue from that over a few weeks of taking it and my arm is fantastic now.

Wow, thanks for that - I'll definately look into that