Worst series to date for this DieHard!

soapnutsoapnut Posts: 6,882
Forum Member
I am hugely disappointed with this initially promising series. As a diehard fan, it is hard going.

I've been behind since week one and I'm still a little way behind.

I have never struggled to watch a series of BB ever before like I have this one.

I just don't get the urge to watch it or stress out if I miss an episode as I would before with so many platforms to catch up on.

I'm watching it in blocks and it still doesn't do anything to improve my viewing experience.

I still detest Helen. I still don't want to watch a fake showmance, never mind two. The tasks are a ride in the park and just mind-numbingly boring. The 'power' theme seems to have fallen flat and has only ever consisted of the twisting of nominations, nothing else ... Secrets & Lies anyone? ... Most of all, there is NO fun whatsoever and we have BB13 all over again x 100. The producers need to leave the series well alone in their desperate attempt for viewers or risk murdering it altogether.

I binned off BOTS almost immediately as it's completely unwatchable and there's no sign of the main series improving overall at all. My interpretation of 'Armageddon' is a mass switch-off as viewers just can't stand another minute of this desperate series.

I didn't expect brilliance, I never have done since Channel 5 throttled this show, however, this series has surpassed itself on the disappointment scale. I'm aware I have the option to switch off, which I just won't do in support of the show and hope the series improves somehow.

CBB is still to come and astonishingly, it's weeks away yet until this (feels like it's been on for months already) series limps over the finish line. Producers will need a high calibre of 'celebrity' housemates as by then I fear the interest will be completely lost.

What are other Diehards thoughts on this latest series?

Comments

• benbeez1benbeez1 Posts: 18,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BB13 Then BB15 :(>:( awful
  • pie-eyedpie-eyed Posts: 8,456
    Forum Member
    I don't think it's the worst. 10 and 11 were worse,
  • Iggy's BoyIggy's Boy Posts: 3,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. I know it's a cliche but this has been the WORST SERIES EVER.

Dicking about with nominations
    Giving immunity to people
    Taking the power to evict away from the public
    Betraying the trust of the diary room
    Encouraging bullying by selectively showing some housemates bitching but not others.
    Artificially creating conflict by making HM's constantly have to reward and punish.

I'm normally laid back about the manipulation because there has to be some shaping of the narrative but this series the production team have well and truly jumped the shark and betrayed the whole notion of what Big Brother was supposed to be about.

The result is a joyless, grim war of attrition within the house where bullying, yes I said it, BULLYING, is the overriding theme.
  • Leathertrouser2Leathertrouser2 Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    You're not alone. In 2000 I was 15 and was captivated and remained through out, until last Thursday, I gave up simply because I was watching a programme that was looking like a programme (S) that I detest. Those being TOWIE and others.

I would sit watching it and throughout thinking "this is clearly being scripted". The random questions the HM would just happen to ask, the standing in front of their photos all the time, like you do. It was intolerable. Big Brother 4, all is forgiven.

I am not sure what Channel 5's take on this is. I secretly think and based on Frow saying to Oathy "we need to sort the main show out" which he said about 3 weeks ago should say a lot really.

All I want is the HL show back to a reality programme. Reality don't have stupid tension music playing in the background with a ****ing nametag in front of me.

Most of all, the live feed. Channel 5 I think thought this would go away, it never did. I invested many many hours over 14 years and so I come on DS still to see if by some magic chance Channel 5 have actually placated their fans. Stupid I know. I think it's laughable Big Brother has been nominated for a TV Choice award, no chance. Back on Channel 4, how many awards did it win.

I will await the Celebrity version but any meddling like this series and I will be off again.
  • KDDS07KDDS07 Posts: 5,861
    Forum Member
    I always enjoy BB for the challenges but I have to agree this year it's really tough. For me, this is the first year I have felt that the bad guys are really formidable. That's probably not a bad thing but, like I said, it's been really tough slogging. Wouldn't give it up for anything, though. I love the game of Big Brother. Every years is different.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any series stands or falls by the quality of the housemates.

This is not a good series. It's full of irritants and bores. I have to support the bores to win, which is never a good situation.

There have been some enjoyable tasks but that's the only fun to be had amidst the gloom.
    Forum Member
    Yes, it might be cliché to say "worst series ever" but I have never seen it said as many times in 14 years, even on Twitter you will see the comments which I have not seen before. So I am going to say it, first time ever in 14 years, worst ever.
  • soapnutsoapnut Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    benbeez1 wrote: »
    BB13 Then BB15 :(>:( awful

Helen is the 'Conor' of this series for me, although not in the same context and certainly not in the same league.

She just needs shifting out of the house as she's got away with far too much and it's blindingly obvious her stay for the summer is nothing but a blatant fix.

Goodbye viewers whether or not her stay remains extended or is curtailed.

Nobody is neither interested nor wants to watch 'The Helen Show' which BB15 is, whether we like it or not.

How many weeks left are there? ...
  • JOSWolfJOSWolf Posts: 2,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have found it dreadful.
    I haven't watched the highlight show since last week. BOTS is appalling. I just come on here and watch a few of the you tube clips.
  • Janet_HadfieldJanet_Hadfield Posts: 1,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am very disappointed with this series from day one when Pauline stopped us getting Helen out, this week Jale will probably go but she wasn't nominated by the housemates. The "cool" gang haven't even got one of them up because of this latest stupid twist.
    Forum Member
    Iggy's Boy wrote: »

Encouraging bullying by selectively showing some housemates bitching but not others.
    Artificially creating conflict by making HM's constantly have to reward and punish.

I'm normally laid back about the manipulation because there has to be some shaping of the narrative but this series the production team have well and truly jumped the shark and betrayed the whole notion of what Big Brother was supposed to be about.

The result is a joyless, grim war of attrition within the house where bullying, yes I said it, BULLYING, is the overriding theme.

You have summed up this series so far perfectly.

Watching just one episode saps the life out of anybody who is unfortunate enough to be watching including me.
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Viewing figures are holding so this would suggest that there are not the issues this forum imagines.

However if Helen wasn't there 6 figure viewing figures would be a certainty
  • bingoesbingoes Posts: 4,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is just me, cause this series is actually making me feel really depressed ?

The tasks are pointless, just one manipulation after another, every night it is aggression, bitching, argument after argument. A ridiculous creepy showmanship and now another week where a housemate will go that doesn't deserve to go because of this ridiculous powerhouse theme.

Next year they have to go back to basics, bring back the chalk board shopping list, bring back the potters wheel, bring back the chickens, bring back non contact with the outside world, stop messing around with the nominations, stop showing what housemates have said in the diary room. When a housemates oversteps the line, kick them out and don't reward them etc etc etc etc ..... Just stop all this ****ing around with what was a really good show.

This series cannot be saved. So sad - another year messed up. :(
  • king_kong1king_kong1 Posts: 1,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the best for me up there with 3 and 5.
  • MissDeeBlueMissDeeBlue Posts: 4,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soapnut wrote: »
    I am hugely disappointed with this initially promising series. As a diehard fan, it is hard going.

I've been behind since week one and I'm still a little way behind.

I have never struggled to watch a series of BB ever before like I have this one.

I just don't get the urge to watch it or stress out if I miss an episode as I would before with so many platforms to catch up on.

I'm watching it in blocks and it still doesn't do anything to improve my viewing experience.

I still detest Helen. I still don't want to watch a fake showmance, never mind two. The tasks are a ride in the park and just mind-numbingly boring. The 'power' theme seems to have fallen flat and has only ever consisted of the twisting of nominations, nothing else ... Secrets & Lies anyone? ... Most of all, there is NO fun whatsoever and we have BB13 all over again x 100. The producers need to leave the series well alone in their desperate attempt for viewers or risk murdering it altogether.

I binned off BOTS almost immediately as it's completely unwatchable and there's no sign of the main series improving overall at all. My interpretation of 'Armageddon' is a mass switch-off as viewers just can't stand another minute of this desperate series.

I didn't expect brilliance, I never have done since Channel 5 throttled this show, however, this series has surpassed itself on the disappointment scale. I'm aware I have the option to switch off, which I just won't do in support of the show and hope the series improves somehow.

CBB is still to come and astonishingly, it's weeks away yet until this (feels like it's been on for months already) series limps over the finish line. Producers will need a high calibre of 'celebrity' housemates as by then I fear the interest will be completely lost.

What are other Diehards thoughts on this latest series?

spot on summary
    Actually this BB is so bad, not only am I enjoying football, I now understand the offside rule
    Forum Member
    spot on summary
    Actually this BB is so bad, not only am I enjoying football, I now understand the offside rule

:D

It's shockingly bad but I have not been forced to turn to football, tennis or the Tour de France!

Watching BB has become a sport in itself, it's a mental endurance test!
    Forum Member
    soapnut wrote: »
    :D

It's shockingly bad but I have not been forced to turn to football, tennis or the Tour de France!

Watching BB has become a sport in itself, it's a mental endurance test!

It has been said a lot this year but it is so ironically true, WWE is more real than Big Brother this year.
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iggy's Boy wrote: »

This. ^^
  • SunnydaysSunnydays Posts: 12,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Given up watching BB as it was.........treat it like a soap now........it's like a script where you can tell what is coming next......
  • adamski94adamski94 Posts: 3,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree totally
  • PointyPointy Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BB8. Always. Although every BB after it has fallen flat too.
  • Sammi42Sammi42 Posts: 3,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree :)

As someone who has been watching since BB1 I have never been more uninterested in a series. It all comes down to the quality of housemates an with Helen still in there will be no fun. I think if she had her pass revoked and got evicted we would probably see a different fun side to the rest of the housemates, she sucks the life right out of that house and it's painful to watch.
  • Dorkus_Dorkus_ Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Massive BB fan here. Watched every series since the first year and I can't get my head around how awful it is this year.

The thing is, casting-wise, it was near-perfect. One or two older housemates could have mixed things up a bit but for the most part we got an interesting, dynamic group of characters.

For me the place where it's fallen down is the production decisions. In particular, the Power Housemate theme and the twists that have come with it.

There's been no consistency with the twist. There's no clear set out rules for what it means to be the power housemate. As we seen with Chris it can be a good thing, you can be immune and nominate almost half the house. As we saw way with Toya, it can be a bad thing and you can find yourself nominated.

I've no problem with twists, but they lose their effectiveness if we're bombarded with them. Two or three spread out the space of a series work. It throws a, sometimes well needed, spanner in the works.
    One every week from the beginning is just confusing and questions what show people actually signed up for.

The core format of Big Brother has always been it's strongest selling point. A group of strangers living together and each week they have to nominate two people each to leave. We haven't seen a clear-cut nomination process at all this series.

And don't get me started on the two noms and you're up rule too that seemed to be in place only to be dropped again this week. The worst part about this is it has never been addressed. The producers haven't confirmed, "yes these are the rules now". Leading me to believe they just pick and choose what way the rules work to suit who they want out that week.

It's a pain and I'm sick to death of complaining about it. I was never one to give out about the show but they've lost the plot this year.
  • MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    One Word - Helen :(:(:(
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    It's always a challenge to watch when there is no one even slightly likeable in the house. This year, BB8 and BB13 are definitely my least favourite series'.