Options

Ice-cream vans

pault2006pault2006 Posts: 7,878
Forum Member
One comes down our road what seems like every day and at the same time (i.e. now).

I could understand it if our road had loads of houses but there's only about 20.

Does anyone else have an ice-cream van coming down their road so reguarly it annoys them?

I don't think our van had any customers just now because it played it's tune 3 times - with a 5 second break inbetween.

By the time I'd gone outside and walked down the road, I'd have probably missed him. :D

Comments

• Options
    Vite.dfeemtoonVite.dfeemtoon Posts: 5,397
    Forum Member
    What tune does he play?
  • Options
    SparkleBabeSparkleBabe Posts: 17,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We have two a day! Im sure they are trying to outdo each other. One plays Just one Cornetto and the other plays Teddy Bears Picnic.
  • Options
    skipjack79skipjack79 Posts: 3,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably selling drugs... the perfect cover.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We hardly get ice cream vans in my neighbourhood and there are loads of kids in the street who would flock to it. They only seem to come if the summer is really good...so that probably explains why we didn't seem to have hardly any this year!
  • Options
    ScottishWoodyScottishWoody Posts: 23,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The ice cream man doesnt come round my way anymore, once in a blue moon maybe :(

I want Ice Cream now.
  • Options
    ludovicaludovica Posts: 25,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    we have an ice cream van and a fish and chip van that both play the same tune
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,121
    Forum Member
    skipjack79 wrote: »
    Probably selling drugs... the perfect cover.

You've been playing GTA Vice City too much ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't know. :o

It's like a jingling sound.
    What tune does he play?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I used to think the oyster ice creams you get from a van were made of fish.
    The ice cream man doesnt come round my way anymore, once in a blue moon maybe :(

I want Ice Cream now.
  • Options
    TrucibelleTrucibelle Posts: 5,108
    Forum Member
    We have two vans doing battle in out street.
    One plays 'Blue Peter', the other 'Match of the Day'.

It's dreadfully annoying because I work over the phone and they're SO LOUD ... they visit at least three times a day each.

AND when they run into each other all Hell breaks loose.
    It wouldn't be so bad but no-one ever seems to buy ice cream from them :eek:
  • Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We have one playing teddy bears picnic come down every day. But i dont mind at all tbh. Its much better than chavvy kids running around. We have kids running about our quiet road, but they do live on it, and its safe for them because at least neighbours are looking out for them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,143
    Forum Member
    We have two ice cream vans. One sits down by the high flats, I don't think it actually moves. The other one comes along the street at about 6pm, that one plays 'Yankee Doodle'

No one really buys ice cream unless it's hot but they sell lots of other stuff.
  • Options
    padpad Posts: 6,699
    Forum Member
    Are any of your ice-cream vans new? There doesn't seem to be any new ice-cream vans on the road, they're always ancient!!

p.
  • Options
    gonnaenodaethatgonnaenodaethat Posts: 4,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ours comes rounds maybe 4 or five times in an evening. He sells everything from lollies to dummies to painkillers to CD's and DVD's. Oh and ice cream too. Every sweet imaginable and just about every flavour of crisp. Its an art here in Edinburgh how they load their vans up, packed to the gunnels and still have room to move.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Don't tell me - they throw cones, wafers and cadbury's flakes at each other?
    Trucibelle wrote: »
    We have two vans doing battle in out street.
    One plays 'Blue Peter', the other 'Match of the Day'.

It's dreadfully annoying because I work over the phone and they're SO LOUD ... they visit at least three times a day each.

AND when they run into each other all Hell breaks loose.
    It wouldn't be so bad but no-one ever seems to buy ice cream from them :eek:
  • Options
    tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    freaky i clicked on this thread and the ice cream man came
  • Options
    RubusRooRubusRoo Posts: 10,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

we don't get ice cream vans round here. the drug dealers scared them all off :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What ice cream did you buy?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i am not sure what the song is called do do do do do do (it sounds like that anyway)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pault2006 wrote: »
    What ice cream did you buy?

i didn't go and get one i haven't even had tea yet
  • Options
    rosalynnrosalynn Posts: 4,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pad wrote: »
    Are any of your ice-cream vans new? There doesn't seem to be any new ice-cream vans on the road, they're always ancient!!

p.

They seem quite new here, they look like new Transit vans just with the box bit on the back. The one around my estate plays a bit of a megamix, while the one around my OH's estate plays The Entertainer.

Roz
  • Options
    Forum Member
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's **2** a day down my street in the Summer months!:mad:

Drives me insane!

I move at the end of the week to a stunning new flat, so won't hear them anymore :p
  • Options
    ScottishWoodyScottishWoody Posts: 23,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually there was a really famous ice cream van in my town up until last year. They drove the same van to the same spot almost every summer day for 50 years! I don't know why it was so popular to be honest, the ice cream was one small scoop lol

http://www.worldofstock.com/slides/TRO1663.jpg
  • Options
    Ja'mie KingJa'mie King Posts: 8,445
    Forum Member
    i am not sure what the song is called do do do do do do (it sounds like that anyway)

Ahh yes that one. Well that solves it then! :rolleyes: