Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 11)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    All car ads at the moment. Given the cliched empty nightime streets in EuroamericaTown we now have cars full of young hipsters singing loudly, playing with the latest Bluetooth c**p, and generally not paying attention to their driving (look at us everybody we're having so much fun )
    Also the guy who has to rely on an auto-braking system so as to miss hitting the back of an enormous tipper-truck.
    Get 1) glasses 2) a driving licence.
  • Options
    Sadly All SeeinSadly All Seein Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    4Dman wrote: »
    All car ads at the moment. Given the cliched empty nightime streets in EuroamericaTown we now have cars full of young hipsters singing loudly, playing with the latest Bluetooth c**p, and generally not paying attention to their driving (look at us everybody we're having so much fun )
    Also the guy who has to rely on an auto-braking system so as to miss hitting the back of an enormous tipper-truck.
    Get 1) glasses 2) a driving licence.

Better yet look forward and pay attention
  • Options
    simes188simes188 Posts: 190
    Forum Member
    No, please tell me he's not back. I really liked the current adverts and he gives me nightmares. Are they the singing ones or the saving Britain ones?

I think they are the singing ones. He was singing on the one I heard on the radio this morning.
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both the Sky Sports and BT Sport ads for the upcoming season. I think the BT Sport party one is worse than Thierry Henry boring us to tears in the tunnel of some stadium.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LolaSvelt wrote: »
    How many times must they use Kanye West's Power be used in an advert? The Ripper Street advert on BBC, the Paco Rabanne advert and the Fantastic Four advert.

That song has been repeatedly used in adverts ever since The Social Network came out in cinemas. That was five ****ing years ago. Give it a rest or hire more creative advertisers.

ITV used it a lot while advertising their general election coverage.
  • Options
    angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    minxymoo wrote: »
    I love the new moneysupermarket ad with the fat guy pole dancing its hilarious.ill get my coat.:blush:

I love it too!:D
  • Options
    TelenautTelenaut Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    **** off "wayfarer" and tripadvisor is still "BOOK"ing.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Wowcher advert with some middle aged woman leering over the strippers.
    If it was some bloke and a few Spearmint Rhino girls or whatever, it wouldnt be allowed :mad:
  • Options
    albion-mad-nickalbion-mad-nick Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Wowcher advert with some middle aged woman leering over the strippers.
    If it was some bloke and a few Spearmint Rhino girls or whatever, it wouldnt be allowed :mad:

Men are allowed to be objectified.
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love the new moneysupermarket ad with the fat guy pole dancing its hilarious.ill get my coat.:blush:

I miss Dave's bum.
  • Options
    RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'll get the door. :D
  • Options
    HypnosssHypnosss Posts: 1,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is an advert for a car where some chef bloke is droning on about appreciating quality and being a perfectionist, I find it very annoying.
  • Options
    The HemulenThe Hemulen Posts: 694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Okay not strictly a current TV ad but as Windows 10 launches today perhaps we should revisit the fabulous Microsoft Windows 7 launch party 'adverts'..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cX4t5-YpHQ
    I defy anyone to suffer it for more than a minute without smashing your screen to pieces in fury..
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    Just seen an appalling new advert for MacDonald's, where the parents keep stopping their son from being active and exercising outdoors, but think it's better to let him stuff his face at McD's with a burger. Sickening.

I have just seen this. Mine complaint is more about bad parenting. Jumping on the beds, the museum and football pitch and then letting him blow the paper from the straw right in his dads face. Some fun is good but that child is shown to be a right shite!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Okay not strictly a current TV ad but as Windows 10 launches today perhaps we should revisit the fabulous Microsoft Windows 7 launch party 'adverts'..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cX4t5-YpHQ
    I defy anyone to suffer it for more than a minute without smashing your screen to pieces in fury..

That is so bad and they run through so many things so fast that the viewer doesn't retain any of the information.
  • Options
    kitchenpersonkitchenperson Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    I have just seen this. Mine complaint is more about bad parenting. Jumping on the beds, the museum and football pitch and then letting him blow the paper from the straw right in his dads face. Some fun is good but that child is shown to be a right shite!
    Yes, bad parenting indeed - rewarding unruly behaviour with a trip to a burger place. What message does that give the child?
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the new Smart ForFour advert is really funny where the guy screams when he looks behind him.
  • Options
    FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    Both the Sky Sports and BT Sport ads for the upcoming season. I think the BT Sport party one is worse than Thierry Henry boring us to tears in the tunnel of some stadium.

I've never seen the BT one. What's it like?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flukie wrote: »
    I've never seen the BT one. What's it like?

It's just a big party with footballers in (such as Bale and Ribery) and a few of the actors who may have appeared in the BT Ewan McGregor ads. It looks like it could be an ad for anything really, particularly if you don't recognise the players.
  • Options
    tivtiv Posts: 2,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The Sky one really ****** me off the other night, it was on during successive commercial breaks.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    Scotlass wrote: »
    I hate the money market ad. with the guy in the high heels and denim shorts, I think it is sleazy looking and disgusting.

I am so pleased that seems to have finished. I had to make a mad dash for the remote whenever it appeared.

Now I am being made queasy by the O2 ad with people wagging tails.

Luckily I mostly watch stuff I've recorded so I skim through the ads but sometimes I am caught unawares and its always then that my remote is missing! Aaaaaaaargh!
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Note to Thierry Henry: no, the Premier League is not the best league in the world. If it was, would we have been without a team in the Champions League in two of the last three seasons (2012/13 and 2014/15)?
  • Options
    minxymoominxymoo Posts: 26,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RingoJ739K wrote: »
    I'll get the door. :D

Aww cmon its funny ;-)
  • Options
    Sandgrounder1Sandgrounder1 Posts: 753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just seen the new advert for Richmond Oven Ready Sausages.
    A. Aren't all sausages oven ready? Place on a baking tray, 20 minutes at 180 fan.
    B. How did they manage to get Grayson Perry to take part?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did I just see a walkers advert where a wife kills her husband by tampering with his stairlift?
This discussion has been closed.