Pixie Lott or Little Boots?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 520
Forum Member
✭✭
Little Boots seems to have a major problem with being compared to Pixie. She's mentioned it several times, including in the Sunday mag with the Sunday Mirror where she said Pixie is completely different to herself and La Roux

I happen to prefer Pixie (which could be because i know her and am biased but never mind!) but i was wondering what people thought and who people preferred?!

I happen to think Little Boots shouldnt compare herself to Pixie or La Roux because unlike them she hasnt had a number one single like they have but that could be me being bitchy!

Comments

• BikoBiko Posts: 2,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    both are awful but I prefer Little Boots. Pixie just sounds like a diluted version of every female artist out at the moment.

as for La Rox is ok but painfully overrated and not as original as she thinks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Biko wrote: »
    as for La Rox is ok but painfully overrated and not as original as she thinks.

I defo agree with you there! A very odd looking girl as well i might add
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I prefer Pixie over Little Boots anyday, even though I don't mind Little Boots's music I don't really like the comments she makes about other artists.
  • HayleyXDHayleyXD Posts: 1,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally i think they're all the same,

Shite.

Lost little girls trying to be original in a fake bubble world of electro-synths and overrated pop tripe.
    Little Boots and Pixie lot look exactly the same and Elly Jackson seems to me like a painful little media **** who attempts to look/ sound 'edgy' but by doing so she makes La Roux sound like every other electronic band out there.
  • EtherealEthereal Posts: 36,118
    Forum Member
    Pixie definitely. Better voice and much better songs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Little Boots for me. Her album is fantastic.

I've only heard one Pixie Lott song and while it was okay i found it quite boring. The 'British white girl with a soul voice' is getting old now. Surely she's the last from that mould now?
  • lalalala Posts: 21,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't tell the difference to be honest.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Little Boots. She was really good at T in the Park. I'm no a big fan of Pixie Lott cus I just find her songs dull.
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pixie Lott by quite a bit. Her album sounds pretty good from some of the leaks. Plus, I think she's going to be less "boxed in" in terms of genre for her future career. Little Boots will be lucky to be a one hit wonder. I didn't get the whole Little Boots hype when it started towards the end of last year and I still don't get it now.
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    Isn't it a bit early to tell yet? It's like looking at a bunch of babies and trying to judge which ones will grow up to be successful and which ones will end up wearing tracksuits but not actually exercising.
  • prasanthprasanth Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're different artists, it's hard to compare.

Apples and Oranges.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pixie Lott is the one who's gonna be a massive pop artist. So much planning has gone into her career, just wait and see what happens.

Little Boots has more credibility and coolness but IMO there's nothing too special about her. She probably thinks she's above Pixie Lott but the fact is they're playing to the same audience.
  • cfc86cfc86 Posts: 31,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both. Boring answer I know.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Little Boots I think is alot better although im basing those facts on the one incredibly dull (how the hell was it soo popular?) 'Mama Do' song by Pixie. Theres a heck of alot better artists with songs of that style around which are not getting enough attention. Paloma Faith for example. Her debut slice of retro soul was quirky, upbeat, fun. And Paloma herself is very unique with a really great voice. Pixie Lott on the other hand just seems really bland (again im basing that on just one song).

Little Boots has brought out quite a wonderful album which contains some very genius songs. Each one insanely catchy. I actually really like her so id definetely say Little Boots over Pixie Lott at the moment although chart success wise I don't know how it will work out for her. For some reason I think her music would be really well recieved in sweden. They love a good catchy melody over there:D
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Mama Do' is painfully average, Little Boots' album however, is fantastic. #Remedy/RemedyOh#

This is the 2nd single, and best song on it (most modern too, RedOne produced it):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QviINQGyL3g&feature=related
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're pretty much the same person. :yawn:
  • GaryDawsonGaryDawson Posts: 666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Little Boots has been a massive let down. She beat the likes of Lady Gaga to be the sound of 2009, yet the album is the weakest album I have heard since Victoria Beckham's solo effort in 2002!
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GaryDawson wrote: »
    Little Boots has been a massive let down. She beat the likes of Lady Gaga to be the sound of 2009, yet the album is the weakest album I have heard since Victoria Beckham's solo effort in 2002!

I respect your opinion but think that's a little unfair... ! Earthquake, Remedy, Symmetry and Mathematics are good electro pop songs with some moments when they verge into musical excellence, usually with the chorus. Have you heard the hidden track? It's 6 minutes into to the last listed track and it's called 'Hands' - completely different to the rest of the album.

Having said that, I got bored of her album after a couple of weeks and know I'll be tired of La Roux's soon. Black Eyed Peas I can listen all the way through without wanting to skip.
  • JoJo2JoJo2 Posts: 1,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HayleyXD wrote: »

Shite.

Lost little girls trying to be original in a fake bubble world of electro-synths and overrated pop tripe.
    Little Boots and Pixie lot look exactly the same and Elly Jackson seems to me like a painful little media **** who attempts to look/ sound 'edgy' but by doing so she makes La Roux sound like every other electronic band out there.

What ^^ Said!! As that bird sang when she was takin' the piss * ''we look the same, we sound the same, we are the same''

*To the tune of That's Not My Name
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Little Boots. Love her album, it's a great debut! Pixie sounds too much like Duffy/Winehouse. Little Boots has some really creative tracks on her album and i think she'll (hopefully) last in the industry.
  • JoJo2JoJo2 Posts: 1,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mick27 wrote: »
    Little Boots. Love her album, it's a great debut! Pixie sounds too much like Duffy/Winehouse. Little Boots has some really creative tracks on her album and i think she'll (hopefully) last in the industry.

I highly doubt it!! All these stupid girls with their dodgy hair styles, wacky clothes and EXTREMELY average voices/songs all think they are these amazingly creative artists. There's absolutely nothing creative about them.

Give it a couple of years and they'll all be forgotton about. Just the flavours of the month, they come and go all the time!
  • BikoBiko Posts: 2,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JoJo2 wrote: »
    I highly doubt it!! All these stupid girls with their dodgy hair styles, wacky clothes and EXTREMELY average voices/songs all think they are these amazingly creative artists. There's absolutely nothing creative about them.

Give it a couple of years and they'll all be forgotton about. Just the flavours of the month, they come and go all the time!

Couldn't have put it better myself. plus there's far better females in the industry that don't get as much hype but will still last the distance... Bat For Lashes for instance treads all over these nobody's
  • major wintersmajor winters Posts: 340
    Forum Member

Shite.

I completely agree. The genre of "female singer-songwriter" has went down the pan because of, and I use this term reluctantly, artists such as these.

Why have they got recording contracts?
    They have no discernible talent.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like both of them but it has to be...

PIXIE LOTT :)

What would her mama do?
  • stargirl1stargirl1 Posts: 5,573
    Forum Member
    'Mama Do' is painfully average, Little Boots' album however, is fantastic. #Remedy/RemedyOh#

This is the 2nd single, and best song on it (most modern too, RedOne produced it):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QviINQGyL3g&feature=related

This is Pixie Lott's RedOne produced song, which I would say is far superior to Remedy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKh_Dwn6pLw