Lady Gaga admits she still uses cocaine

124»

Comments

• LolaSveltLolaSvelt Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moany Liza wrote: »
    No she doesn't.

Sorry, but whilst it may be proving popular at present, it's not good music.

Her last two efforts have been particularly dire and sound like a family of tone-deaf chimps who have been let loose in the pots and pans cupboard.
    Well I personally think she makes good music. It's not the type of music I usually care for, but it's insanely catchy.
  • Moany LizaMoany Liza Posts: 22,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LolaSvelt wrote: »
    Well I personally think she makes good music. It's not the type of music I usually care for, but it's insanely catchy.

It makes me reach for the off switch. :cool:
  • da3boolda3bool Posts: 2,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hmmm!!!!!

I saw an interview where she talked about her drug use before she was famouse but then she said that she's clear now and will never go back to those dark days!!!!

but now she says she takes them??!!!!!!!!!!
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LolaSvelt wrote: »

I always get this image of Lady Gaga sitting in a basement for a year listening to Bowie, Queen and Madonna. Then merely taking bits from all three and 'creating' her own brand of music. Her 'music' is a fad which won't be around in ten years time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    Exactly. MDMA in its pure form from my understanding is pretty harmless but damn good fun!:D

Dont be such a fool. Do you even understand this:

Quantitative PET studies with a ligand selective for 5-HT transporters can be used to assess the status of 5-HT neurons in the living human brain. We show direct evidence of a decrease in a structural component of brain 5-HT neurons in human MDMA users.

NO. You are not a neuroscientist, nor a biopsychologist.
  • ohiromeohirome Posts: 2,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    imnotjesus wrote: »
    Dont be such a fool. Do you even understand this:

Quantitative PET studies with a ligand selective for 5-HT transporters can be used to assess the status of 5-HT neurons in the living human brain. We show direct evidence of a decrease in a structural component of brain 5-HT neurons in human MDMA users.

NO. You are not a neuroscientist, nor a biopsychologist.

And you are not in the position to me casting judgements for no reason. Any abuse that isnt intended for human consumption is going to cause problems be it having a drink, smoking a cigarette or using narcotics. Each and every single one have negative effects - the big difference is that society is able to tax those who smoke and drink. Due to said society having ridiculous and archaic moral issues with narcotics, theyre unable to tax those who use them and so they are banned and turned into some sort of evil creation that only the vagrants of society use.

I used MDMA pretty solidly for around 2/3 years and I am no different to how I was 4/5 years ago...perhaps even wiser and smarter! ;) The same goes for friends I know who work in the city, as lecturers etc...all middle aged and still dabbling.
  • ohiromeohirome Posts: 2,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A condescending comment from ohirome? Surely not.:rolleyes:

Feel free to read what I actually said again.

You must have misread it, because I know a level headed person such as yourself wouldn't dream of twisting words to fuel yet another desperate dig, right?

Its not really a desperate dig. My feelings about the woman are pretty clear and this thread is hardly an appreciation thread. If anything, your 'desperate' need to praise her and knock anyone who stands in your way is a bit more ridiculous than me pointing out how shes not all that great on the ol' piano.
  • Star_BrightStar_Bright Posts: 11,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    An "ex"-addict who now only does it a couple of times a year?? Yeah right!!!
  • Mr BungleMr Bungle Posts: 965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wouldn't 'Pop Star DOESN'T Take Cocaine' be a bigger story?
  • crystal_methcrystal_meth Posts: 8,379
    Forum Member
    I dunno if Gaga uses coke and drugs or not -but- if she does, I would strongly urge her to quit as the 'lupus' / lymphatic symptoms that she reported to be suffering earlier this year are exactly what I got wrongly diagnosed with when I was *ahem* partying very hard for too many years. The long term effects of party drugs can mimic immune system failure.
  • MonkeyBumMonkeyBum Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    Calling a girl who died a horrible, accidental death "stupid" is out of order. I'm 23 years old, have never been offered drugs and despise them. I would never touch them or have them anywhere near me. So if I had a change of heart and took an E I would never know not to drink a lot, or exactly how to behave? So if I died, I would be stupid too?

You might enjoy taking drugs but I find that I don't need such things to improve my life, or to help myself have a good time.

If you were going to make an informed decision about trying a drug, then you should do all the research you possibly can before taking it, so that you CAN make that informed decision.

Her story is tragic, but she was ignorant. She did not do the adequate research which potentially could have saved her life.

They are actually using MDMA to counsel cancer patients in America at the moment, its a research study they are currently conducting. There are many fantastic uses for these drugs, in particular MDMA and LSD. As someone earlier has said MDMA is one of the safest purest drugs there is. Did you know to overdose on MDMA, you'd need to take about half your body weight of the stuff??
    The danger is getting dodgy stuff, and one persons ignorance.

About Lady Gaga, in my opinion her fans should be old enough to make informed decisions anyway. Anyone younger than the age of 13 shouldn't be listening to her music anyway. She is just admitting something I'm pretty sure everyone knows anyway, and you know what? It's not like she's running around beating people up, or stealing from anyone. It doesn't harm anyone apart from herself, and maybe her family, so just leave her to it. She probably shouldn't have admitted it but hey ho thats life.

EDIT: I would like to add quickly that perhaps Leah's ignorance was not entirely her fault, but nowadays we do have the internet and there are many forums highlighting the pros cons and all the risks involved, and ones which promote safety overall. Anyone dying nowadays has no excuse. You can even get tests online to test the stuff to make sure it's nothing dodgy.
  • timperry26timperry26 Posts: 1,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If this is true, we need NOTW on the case immediately
  • á..á.. Posts: 667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let's hope she doesn't have a heart attack at the age of 30, that would be terrible.
  • Scratchy7929Scratchy7929 Posts: 3,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ohirome wrote: »
    Her piano playing isnt exactly all that advanced.

Its sad that it doesnt take all that much to be considered a great talent thesedays.

In the 'pop' yes.But there are still some enormously talented people about.Only trouble is that it is almost a sin to be too talented & / or original (in the 'pop' world) - anyone who exhibits too much ability is brushed off as being protentious.Most people couldn't recognise true talent even if it bit them on the face.Gaga is never going to a person recognised for her talents but more for her notoriety in posterity.
    Personally I think Gaga is very protentious, but I don't hear it applied to her very often.Her music is not very protentious though because it is basically very simple / usually a stripped down form of disco music.
  • DeeLushDeeLush Posts: 2,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love it when druggies justify their abuse by comparing themselves to alcoholics neither is really something to aspire to but ones illegal one isnt.

She has an army of young fans and her advisers as least should know better, sometimes i think she does good things like the gay army act and other times i just want to punch her in her self satisfied face for remarks like this.
  • Lou17Lou17 Posts: 30,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ohirome wrote: »
    No doubt this will be hailed as Gaga opening up and being honest about a current and relevent issue which is close to her Little Monsters hearts instead of being another attempt at grabbing some attention.

No Doubt, they excuse her for everything.:rolleyes: