Adrian Chiles bemoans 'Daybreak' hours

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,748
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a286992/adrian-chiles-bemoans-daybreak-hours.html

My heart bleeds for him.

My dad has had to get up at 3 or earlier 5 to 6 days a week for the past 25 years to go to the market to stock his greengrocer. he then works until 5:30 most days with only saturday afternoons and sundays off.

I am guessing that Mr Chiles is extremely well compensated for his "nightmare" and that he doesn';t work anywhere near as hard as many "normal" people who have to work shifts or long unsociable hours.

Maybe Mr Chiles should consider himself very very lucky and not bemoan this frankly temporary shift in his precious sleep pattern. I cannot see the show lasting 5 years let alone 25.

I rarely comment on "celebrity" stories but this just p!ssed me right off.:mad:

Comments

• CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aaah poor little man, seriously enjoy it while you can Chiles
  • BZRBZR Posts: 2,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    poor little pig face, surely hes getting paid enough for doing it!
  • Angel_DelightsAngel_Delights Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe this will be his excuse when he "leaves" :o
  • BellagioBellagio Posts: 3,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ade baby, there's a hint in the show's title: Daybreak. :cool:
  • sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He needs to shut up and be thankfull he has a job imo
  • bridgetbbridgetb Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm actually amazed anyone employs him as a presenter. He's overweight, unattractive AND he's got a horrible voice too.

:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stupid man.

Moaning about your job when most people would kill to have one is probably the quickest way to get the majority of the public to dislike you. Especially when you are having millions of pounds thrown at you for your troubles. :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    bridgetb wrote: »
    I'm actually amazed anyone employs him as a presenter. He's overweight, unattractive AND he's got a horrible voice too.

Really, because the only reason to employ anyone as a presenter is their looks:rolleyes:, and the voice is subjective, thanks, he reminds me of my grandfather

I've never watched Daybreak, I don't have a TV, but seriously? He's quite good on the sports programmes, which is saying a lot because ITV are an utter fail when it comes to sports.

He shouldn't be moaning about the hours though. Presenters on GMTV and Breakfast have frequently mentioned the times at which they start. It's probably a get out clause
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Are you referring to his voice or his accent.
  • occyoccy Posts: 65,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Earning that sort of money. I would be happy to get up in the mornings. Blimey he's been burning the candle at both ends over the last few weeks. Football, Pride Of Britain and other committments.
  • saturns ringssaturns rings Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    Don't these people know what they're signing up for!!!!

No sympathy at all. He should just keep his mouth shut:mad:
  • John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The programme is so lightweight and trivial it might as well be pre-recorded in the afternoon.

I know that Breakfast tv presenters always end up sick to death of the hours and the 'routine' they have to adopt to cope but they get well paid for a fluffy job imo and Chiles is moaning after 3 months.:rolleyes:
    Penny Smith stuck at it for over 15 years!:o
  • occyoccy Posts: 65,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    John Dough wrote: »
    The programme is so lightweight and trivial it might as well be pre-recorded in the afternoon.

I know that Breakfast tv presenters always end up sick to death of the hours and the 'routine' they have to adopt to cope but they get well paid for a fluffy job imo and Chiles is moaning after 3 months.:rolleyes:
    Penny Smith stuck at it for over 15 years!:o

She looks good at 35;)

I can't see these two being there after 15 years. I think the offer on the table was around other ITV committments, and obviously they couldn't do both BBC and ITV?
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol!! I'm up at 3.45 am most weekdays, get into my workplace for 5 am and then do a 11/12 hr shift.
  • Nuts In MayNuts In May Posts: 1,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    She looks good at 35;)

I can't see these two being there after 15 years. I think the offer on the table was around other ITV committments, and obviously they couldn't do both BBC and ITV?

Chiles did a flounce and walked from the One Show because Chris Evans was to do his Friday slot.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/apr/19/adrian-chiles-itv

Christine thought she was bigger than the One Show and took the Daybreak job because it was huge money. I read recently that the Beeb have said if Daybreak flops, they won't have her back under any circumstances, so it looks as if she might have burned her boats there.
  • John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Christine was a fool to leave the BBC, she could have so easily become their 'face' of light entertainment and mainstream shows.
    Isn't 'hindsight' great?:p:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chiles did a flounce and walked from the One Show because Chris Evans was to do his Friday slot.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/apr/19/adrian-chiles-itv

Christine thought she was bigger than the One Show and took the Daybreak job because it was huge money. I read recently that the Beeb have said if Daybreak flops, they won't have her back under any circumstances, so it looks as if she might have burned her boats there.

Never mind, l'm sure she can get a part in panto as pinnochio. (thats who she reminds me of)
  • Nuts In MayNuts In May Posts: 1,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sidsgirl wrote: »

Never mind, l'm sure she can get a part in panto as pinnochio. (thats who she reminds me of)

I thought perhaps the Cheshire Cat in a remake of Alice In Wonderland. It's a shame Tim Burton didn't pick her....:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So you have to be a bimbo stick creature to get a job on tv?

What a ridiculous statement
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a 6am breakfast show......what did he think he was signing up for??!

:sleep:
  • phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    Maybe this will be his excuse when he "leaves" :o

These stories are usually designed to lay the ground work for such a move and cover a presenter's "embarrassment" when they are hastily "moved on".

There'll be more stories about Bleakers soon, either with reference to X-Factor, or about her "desire to settle down and have babies" with Lamps, as a way of spinning abject failure into "exploring exciting new career oportunities"

:rolleyes:
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phil solo wrote: »
    These stories are usually designed to lay the ground work for such a move and cover a presenter's "embarrassment" when they are hastily "moved on".

There'll be more stories about Bleakers soon, either with reference to X-Factor, or about her "desire to settle down and have babies" with Lamps, as a way of spinning abject failure into "exploring exciting new career oportunities"

I believe the scenario is that after the Christmas break ITV will discover Chiles has so many more commitments with his football work and proposed new chat show (yet to be piloted) that he will not be able to fit Daybreak in and will leave. There will be a similar scenario with Christine. As one doesn't seem able to appear without the other we will see them both move on although I think Christine's future is less secure and phil solo may have found the solution for her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BZR wrote: »
    poor little pig face, surely hes getting paid enough for doing it!

Hilarious!:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find it hard to stomach him at that time of the morning.
    I also find it very odd that they introduce each other. So he says "welcome to Daybreak with Christine Bleakley", to which she replies "and Adrian Chiles"
    ridiculous. ridculous presenters, ridiculous show, ridiculous everything. And they look soooooo bored:rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 250
    Forum Member
    phil solo wrote: »

Completely agree! The hours were known before he signed the contract, it was not a new revelation to him! I expect to hear more stories soon before the inevitable shake up after Christmas!