Options

Lady Gaga - ARTPOP (4th studio album)

Comments

• Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like GUY a lot. Sexxx Dreams would've given her some cred and edge back, which is desperately needed right now. The set looks beautiful and the Greco theme fits the feel of GUY.

She needs to choose between being a pop star and an artist. The inbetweeness of it all is an issue.
  • Options
    Diane_RobDiane_Rob Posts: 1,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that 'sexxx dreams' would do well for her right now, I think it's just about safe to play on the radio, the "when I lay in bed" part would be cut for sure.
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Diane_Rob wrote: »
    I agree that 'sexxx dreams' would do well for her right now, I think it's just about safe to play on the radio, the "when I lay in bed" part would be cut for sure.

I dont get why people are saying the song is too obscene for radio. I remember the song "I touch myself" being played on the radio loads, a lot more explicit than Sexx dreams!

Is it true GUY is the next single?? CRAZY if the truth, its soooo obvious that Gypsy is the natural next single, esp after shes announced a toue (maybe theyre waiting till she tours to launch it as its a suitable tie-in). If not Gypsy, I'd go for Sexx Dreams or Manicure as the next single, they're pure pop & thats what she needs now, something simple and with wide appeal.
  • Options
    MissMusiqueMissMusique Posts: 2,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm happy with GUY as a single, I love that song and for me it was one of the standout tracks on first listen. I still hope she releases Gypsy, just because then in future tours/performances it has less chance of being dropped.

I think she needs to stop hyping everything, keep quiet about her plans and then just drop whatever she's planning on doing. the fanbase is so easily hyped up, even if she herself doesn't say anything, they're constantly looking for info on her and get themselves in a state before she's even announced anything. I hope the LM realise what they're doing and maybe just keep a lid on it for a bit, and just let her do her thing.
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    I finally have tickets for artrave :)
    Though I do wonder how I will feel about artpop come October :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    http://gagadaily.com/news/tonight-fallon/

gaga performing on jimmy fallon tonight.
    should have news about the new single then :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently she filmed two music videos at hearst castle (not confirmed btw) but interesting if true. She was there a good few days.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved her Jimmy Fallon performance, her vocals were really strong and glad half was acoustic/uptempo
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is she performing at the brits this week?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Loved her Jimmy Fallon performance, her vocals were really strong and glad half was acoustic/uptempo

Link ? :cool:
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's in the music section of DS.
  • Options
    tim18tim18 Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her label have stated to a local radio station in america that the next single is either going to be venus or g.u.y, manicure is also being discussed.

I cant find a link to that but it was a week ago and im not sure if its been posted on here yet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MANiCURE is very radio friendly, probably a good choice to win back casual fans, simple song and very catchy. Short and sweet I guess.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MANiCURE is very radio friendly, probably a good choice to win back casual fans, simple song and very catchy. Short and sweet I guess.

Manicure would be am awful choice IMO.

The video she filmed was for GUY so I presume its that.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    tim18 wrote: »
    Her label have stated to a local radio station in america that the next single is either going to be venus or g.u.y, manicure is also being discussed.

I cant find a link to that but it was a week ago and im not sure if its been posted on here yet.

I thought the next single was going to be Gypsy? :confused:
  • Options
    tim18tim18 Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the next single was going to be Gypsy? :confused:

From the post i have seen from a usa radio station i dont think thats even a contender now. Most likely gonna be g.u.y or venus:p

Will try to find the post.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    tim18 wrote: »
    From the post i have seen from a usa radio station i dont think thats even a contender now. Most likely gonna be g.u.y or venus:p

Will try to find the post.

She has gone into mute mode again and we have heard nothing of the video she filmed weeks and weeks ago (apparently GUY)
  • Options
    bananashakebananashake Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm only a casual Lady Gaga fan but I don't know how she, and her label, got this campaign so wrong. If I was her I would have released these as singles:

August 2013 - Applause
    November 2013 - Do What U Want
    January 2014 - MANiCURE
    April 2014 - Sexxx Dreams
    July 2014 - Fashion/Donatella (I think both are quite similar and either would do okay chart-wise.)

That's how I would have done it. I don't think many songs on Artpop are going to be smash hits to be perfectly honest. I think Sexxx Dreams and Manicure would do well but other than that I don't think any others would resonate well with the public.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that 'MANiCURE' is made for radio.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    http://gagadaily.com/news/new-video/

new video march 22nd.
    better late than never..... i guess..
  • Options
    kyleeekyleee Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    It all feels a bit 'past it' now...why bother with g.u.y or venus as neither will ignite artpop. I like the album but ive no interest in either song...and neither will the public.
  • Options
    Terry HesticlesTerry Hesticles Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    Releasing Gypsy with a great video is the only thing that will now save the ARTpop era now in my opinion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brooklyn Nights leaks in full!
  • Options
    Off_the_hook13Off_the_hook13 Posts: 17,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So does anyone know what Lady Gaga's 3rd single is? :confused:
  • Options
    EvanWhisper05EvanWhisper05 Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This era has been a huge, huge mess.

Been 6 months since the first music video came out?
    It's too late to release another song to be honest - the DWUW video is so late and with all the remixes it's come and gone. Either start afresh with a new single like Gypsy or just wait until the next album.

LOVE Brooklyn Nights