Options

The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 45)

Comments

• Options
    contejascontejas Posts: 8,958
    Forum Member
    globbits wrote: »
    The whole show is available on the SVT site at the moment:
    http://www.svtplay.se/video/995307/karlskrona/

It's difficult to repeat ;) but thx if I need a Gadd fix I'll know where to go

EDIT: Yup I needed a Gadd fix...:cool:
  • Options
    stanld03stanld03 Posts: 2,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just listened to Iceland and Malta's entries; I much prefer Malta. Iceland is booooooring and bland, while Malta is not too bad to have on in the background. :p
  • Options
    QuartzManQuartzMan Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Long time lurker, first time poster!

I'm new to all this NF stuff and was slightly disappointed with Malta and Iceland last night, after such the high from Denmark last week.
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Iceland really is incredibly boring.

I want them to win but can safely that won't be happening this year!
  • Options
    NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Round my Nana's having to stuff Iceland & Malta onto a USB for me to listen to when I get home.
    Just a couple of weeks to go now until I get my internet, I will no longer have to resort to desperate measures just to listen to a single entry. :D
  • Options
    kvnkvn Posts: 8,782
    Forum Member
    Iceland really is incredibly boring.

I want them to win but can safely that won't be happening this year!

Yeah it's very limp. They need to add some more violins at the end.

I'll tell you what isn't boring though. Bombo!!!. Number 2 on Norway's iTunes chart. Pick it Norway!
  • Options
    big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    QuartzMan wrote: »

I'm new to all this NF stuff and was slightly disappointed with Malta and Iceland last night, after such the high from Denmark last week.

Iceland in particular let themselves down. They had a great chance with Birgitta and Jog and Stef
  • Options
    big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kvn wrote: »
    Yeah it's very limp. They need to add some more violins at the end.

I'll tell you what isn't boring though. Bombo!!!. Number 2 on Norway's iTunes chart. Pick it Norway!

With you all the way on Bombo. Love it
  • Options
    SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love Bombo. Find this much more instant than Margaret Berger although I love that now too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Saturn wrote: »
    Love Bombo. Find this much more instant than Margaret Berger although I love that now too.

I'd be happy with Bombo (even if it sounds like it should be Romanian) or I Feed You My Love.

Anything but Emily & The Shouty Men.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What's the favourite to win in Finland?

I'm not sure Diandra will do it- it's not as good as I remember.
  • Options
    sbrum1984sbrum1984 Posts: 6,466
    Forum Member
    Caught up with the Norwegian results.

Not feeling the love for Bombo. I got all the catchy I needed from Sirkus Eliassen. Hated it as it started but by the end I loved it even if they did come across as the bastard lovechildren of Trackshittaz and Jedward. I hadn't heard about the desperate humanitarian situation in Norway regarding the shortage of t shirts though.

Margaret Berger is my favourite. Give Anina the wildcard.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,382
    Forum Member
    I think Saari is favourite to win in Finland, but I'm holding out hope that Krista will pick up the win.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sbrum1984 wrote: »
    Caught up with the Norwegian results.

Not feeling the love for Bombo. I got all the catchy I needed from Sirkus Eliassen. Hated it as it started but by the end I loved it even if they did come across as the bastard lovechildren of Trackshittaz and Jedward. I hadn't heard about the desperate humanitarian situation in Norway regarding the shortage of t shirts though.

Margaret Berger is my favourite. Give Anina the wildcard.

:D:D:D Because I completely agree...until you decided to give Anina the wildcard...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big fan of Bombo here, even if the vocals are questionable!
  • Options
    Chickens hitChickens hit Posts: 26,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching Melfest in peace without the constant jumping from one webstream to another and I have a question.......the opening performance of Euphoria in Swedish, was it a completely new lyric (I know the part with Gina and Danny are new lyrics as they are pretty easy to work out:p) or was it Loreen's song just translated? Anyone know?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,382
    Forum Member
    Bombo's a pretty good song, but if she sounds that bad at MGP - where they even managed to make Tooji sound passable - then I dread to think how bad she would sound in Malmo.
  • Options
    sbrum1984sbrum1984 Posts: 6,466
    Forum Member
    contejas wrote: »
    :D:D:D Because I completely agree...until you decided to give Anina the wildcard...

:p

Who would you give the wildcard to?
  • Options
    Chickens hitChickens hit Posts: 26,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope, sorry, I still don't get the direkt qualification of Skyline. I'd put a lot of it's success to the camera work and OTT choreography. It was very cleverly done, especially the upside down shots.

Am I the only one who watches Sirkus Elissian and thinks they're the Norwegian Sean Banan?
  • Options
    BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Welcome!
    Big fan of Bombo here, even if the vocals are questionable!

Is that the word you kids are using instead of 'crap ' these days ? ;)
    Watching Melfest in peace without the constant jumping from one webstream to another and I have a question.......the opening performance of Euphoria in Swedish, was it a completely new lyric (I know the part with Gina and Danny are new lyrics as they are pretty easy to work out:p) or was it Loreen's song just translated? Anyone know?

I assumed it was some sort of parody about the search for the next euphoria - need jacob or Erik here !
  • Options
    rosetta12rosetta12 Posts: 4,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's the favourite to win in Finland?

I'm not sure Diandra will do it- it's not as good as I remember.
    Unfortunately it seems to be Diandra - she has the biggest fanbase, so a head start with voters never mind what the song is like.
    The biggest runners-up are Mikael Saari, Arion and Krista.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sbrum1984 wrote: »
    :p

Who would you give the wildcard to?

The Whistler...;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    rosetta12 wrote: »
    Unfortunately it seems to be Diandra - she has the biggest fanbase, so a head start of voters never mind what the song is like.

Having listened to them all, I'd like Saari or Krista to win.

Diandra should have sent something like this- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaQli0YgVS0
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBAnne wrote: »
    Welcome!

Is that the word you kids are using instead of 'crap ' these days ? ;)

Thank you :), I just hope she improves on the vocals, but then again she made not need to as I'm pretty sure Margaret has this sewn up
  • Options
    Forum Member
    rosetta12 wrote: »
    Unfortunately it seems to be Diandra - she has the biggest fanbase, so a head start with voters never mind what the song is like.

Really! :eek::eek::eek:

I'm no fan of the Saari song; but I can appreciate it's composition...Arion...bleh...and Krista well...;);)

I'm hoping for a complete shock with the Finnish NF -- as most of the front runners I'm not fans of...:D
This discussion has been closed.