Stack overflow at line: 0 - what's it mean?

alycidonalycidon Posts: 930
Forum Member
✭✭
For the past week when I open DS the above message with an 'OK' box keeps appearing. What does it mean?

Comments

• bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a Javascript error. You could try this http://24sevenpost.com/tech-gizmo/fix-stack-overflow-line-0-3-simple/ or Google and check one of the myriad links that will come up.

Also you will do better posting something like this in the PC and Mac forum.
  • harry hamsterharry hamster Posts: 1,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been getting that too.
  • bart4858bart4858 Posts: 11,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alycidon wrote: »
    For the past week when I open DS the above message with an 'OK' box keeps appearing. What does it mean?

You can try asking on http://stackoverflow.com.
  • logansdadlogansdad Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    me to!
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i was getting this message last night too
  • alycidonalycidon Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bobcar wrote: »
    Also you will do better posting something like this in the PC and Mac forum.

Yes. Sorry about that. I had a quick look down the various headings and must have missed that.

Thanks for your help, anyway.
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have been getting this message for the last few days too
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did an update for Java about four days ago and since then it keeps cropping up and has to be clicked off sometimes twice in a row. Is this something Java have done or something I can sort out? I was concerned as I thought I had caused the problem and being computer dumb I am lost as to what to do.
  • John259John259 Posts: 28,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Despite their similar names, Java and JavaScript are totally separate.

Try another browser.

Try uninstalling Java and then downloading and installing the latest version from www.java.com - but beware of accidentally also installing crapware which is enabled by default and has to be unticked.