Options

Ladies sandals which don't show too much foot!

cold tootsiescold tootsies Posts: 324
Forum Member
Hi,

I have pale, ugly hobbit feet :( but am realising it's getting to that time of year again when I must inflict the sight of them on the general public :blush:.

I like gladiator-style sandals (but reasonably dainty ones) but am looking particularly for some which won't expose too much of my horrible feet. So far, I've looked in Office, Schuh and New Look. There are a few possibilities but I must be abit fussy because I don't like old fashioned frumpy ones that look like something my Gran would wear or clumpy, masculine-looking ones. They need to be flat or fairly flat and comfort is a must! Do such sandals exist?!

Many thanks for any suggestions of where to look :)

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    Forgot to say, I cannot stand the feeling of t-bars or whatever they're called- where you have a toe post between your big and second toe. They make me feel queasy for some reason :blush:
  • Options
    grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi,

I have pale, ugly hobbit feet :( but am realising it's getting to that time of year again when I must inflict the sight of them on the general public :blush:.

I like gladiator-style sandals (but reasonably dainty ones) but am looking particularly for some which won't expose too much of my horrible feet. So far, I've looked in Office, Schuh and New Look. There are a few possibilities but I must be abit fussy because I don't like old fashioned frumpy ones that look like something my Gran would wear or clumpy, masculine-looking ones. They need to be flat or fairly flat and comfort is a must! Do such sandals exist?!

Clarks have some more substantial sandals with wider bars across the toes etc. They're no longer the frumpy 'old lady' shoe store they once were, and are now my go-to shop for style and comfort.

Others to try - Jones the Bootmaker, and Moshulu have a few styles with wider bars which would cover more of your foot, and they have a range of colours. http://www.moshulu.co.uk/ladies/sandals
  • Options
    Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,020
    Forum Member
    Hi,

Dainty but won't expose too much foot eh? No wonder you're having such bother finding anything. The suggestion of Clarks is one I agree with. They really do have very stylish shoes now. I think even a little heel is often more comfortable than completely flat personally.

I would like these myself.

http://www.clarks.co.uk/p/26102944
  • Options
    elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    Aldo have some. http://www.aldoshoes.com/uk/women/sandals/flats

I have a pair from there that I wear virtually all summer that are still in great condition after 4 years I went and bought a pair from new look last year and they fell apart within a month.
  • Options
    Poppy99Poppy99 Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    I was going to mention Aldo as well. Also, put gladiator sandals in search in Ebay. If you choose Buy it Now and Unused you will get all the little shops trading on there and it will bring up loads.

Ecco might also be an option but they can be pricey and stylistically can be hit and miss.

Personally I think all feet are gross, I bet yours are no worse than anyone elses. Good luck with your quest.
  • Options
    sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,954
    Forum Member
    Esska do some lovely sandals - a lot with good foot coverage, and different heel heights. They're very comfortable too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thankyou so much everybody! So pleased I've got some options :)!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whats your budget OP ? I think Clarks have some nice pieces in its worth a look and I am only 22. OP I would not worry most don't look at your feet anyway.