Options

Has anyone used Garnier Micellar Water..?

attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
Forum Member
✭✭
How good is it please? I might get some tomorrow, the Pure Actuve version because its part of a range of products developed for clear skin.

Comments

• Options
    MariaellaMariaella Posts: 1,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I use the regular pink bottle version, as I haven't sensitive or problem skin. Best invention ever! Effortlessly removes every trace of makeup using just a thimbleful or less; seems to dissolve gunk on contact without rubbing.
  • Options
    Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    It's great! It really lifts the dirt from your skin. I use the pink bottle too. It lasts for ages. I recommend it.
  • Options
    Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I use the pink bottle too! Wonderful stuff. I have sensitive skin. Never irritates, cleans a treats, comes in stonking great bottles, amazingly good value. I am a fan! I have used other brands of Micellar water, including the famous and expensive Bioderma, and I would pick the Garnier one over them. No excuse for a dirty face with this - very easy to use.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks, I bought the Pure Active version & it works brilliantly! Dissolves dirt on contact with no rinsing, rubbing or wiping off. It seemed expensive at first but £4.99 isn't really that bad.

I'm really loving Garnier products lately.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    attitude99 wrote: »
    Thanks, I bought the Pure Active version & it works brilliantly! Dissolves dirt on contact with no rinsing, rubbing or wiping off. It seemed expensive at first but £4.99 isn't really that bad.

I'm really loving Garnier products lately.

Garnier products are always on offer somewhere. When you need a new bottle just put the name of the product in MySupermarket.com. It brings up the prices currently on offer in the main supermarkets and Boots and Superdrug. I have lots of supermarkets etc near me and I always find it on offer and easily accessible. Savers normally have my version for under 2 quid too - significantly cheaper than the rrp.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Garnier products are always on offer somewhere. When you need a new bottle just put the name of the product in MySupermarket.com. It brings up the prices currently on offer in the main supermarkets and Boots and Superdrug. I have lots of supermarkets etc near me and I always find it on offer and easily accessible. Savers normally have my version for under 2 quid too - significantly cheaper than the rrp.

Yeah I use MySupermarket all the time for lots of different things. Savers have the pink one for £2.49 half the rrp. I just found out that the same one I bought was 1/3 off at Superdrug!
  • Options
    ceeveepeeceeveepee Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    I bought it when it was on offer in boots. I have the green sensitive skin one but only because that's the only one that was left on the shelf. I'm loving it though, so easy to use and leaves your skin feeling really clean. Must check out savers and stash another bottle if it's on offer there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ceeveepee wrote: »
    I bought it when it was on offer in boots. I have the green sensitive skin one but only because that's the only one that was left on the shelf. I'm loving it though, so easy to use and leaves your skin feeling really clean. Must check out savers and stash another bottle if it's on offer there.

All three of them are for sensitive skin but the green one is sensitive & combination & the PureActive one is for oily/combination skin :)

The last time I was in Savers it looked like the pink one was £2.49 but that seemed a permanent price.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    attitude99 wrote: »
    All three of them are for sensitive skin but the green one is sensitive & combination & the PureActive one is for oily/combination skin :)

The last time I was in Savers it looked like the pink one was £2.49 but that seemed a permanent price.

I bought my last bottle for 3.32 in Boots, which was on offer and I used my Boots points. But the one before that came from Savers - £1.99! Amazing value. I used to use a Decleor cleanser and the Garnier one has saved me lots of pennies. I am hoping that Savers changes the price around, but if not, 2.49 is still a great price. Wish they did a small, very secure topped bottle for travel.
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Boots have a 3 for 2 on skincare at the moment.
  • Options
    Sansa_SnowSansa_Snow Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know how I missed this thread when I posted mine (blame the rubbish DS search!), I am pretty sure it caused me to break out so will not be using it again!
  • Options
    hobbleithobbleit Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I absolutely love it. I bought it because I wanted to try a new make-up remover that wouldn't be too harsh on my eyes.

I've had this bottle for two months and I've barely made a dent in it. A little certainly goes a long way.
  • Options
    Glitterbug13Glitterbug13 Posts: 323
    Forum Member
    I guess I'm in the minority - I didn't like it! It made my eyes uncomfortable when I removed my makeup. I used it a few times but prefer Johnson's wipes for getting rid of eye makeup. I just chucked my bottle down the sink!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    I work in a beauty store and it sells incredibly well...been meaning to try it myself.
  • Options
    NirvanaGirlNirvanaGirl Posts: 2,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got the Garnier pink bottle as well. It's ok and I do use it & would buy it again. I do prefer my Bioderma though as it does a better job of cleaning my face.

I would say that the Garnier pink bottle is a good budget friendly product
  • Options
    Utopian GirlUtopian Girl Posts: 8,275
    Forum Member
    As a 57 yr old - I bought it in the £1 offer in Boots - very good IMO, doesn't make my skin feel dry. For extra cleansing tho' I love Clinique clarifying lotion. While at home now & not using make up every day I can cut down on Clinique.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you need to use toner afterwards?

I have been using an oil cleanser then a milk cleanser in the evenings, followed by toner, but its a wee bit time consuming.

I would love to use Clinique or Clarins, but well out of my price range
  • Options
    China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As far as cleansers go, I can highly recommend Superdrug vitamin E hot cloth cleanser.
    I started using it a month ago, it's quick and easy to use, and removes all make up, although I always use Simple eye make up remover first, it's just what I prefer to do.
    I bought 2 more yesterday to stock up, it's only 4.99 for 200ml tube, and it's buy one get one half price at the moment.
  • Options
    SweetAngelxSweetAngelx Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    I use the pink bottle too! Wonderful stuff. I have sensitive skin. Never irritates, cleans a treats, comes in stonking great bottles, amazingly good value. I am a fan! I have used other brands of Micellar water, including the famous and expensive Bioderma, and I would pick the Garnier one over them. No excuse for a dirty face with this - very easy to use.

Agreed, I love it and also agree that it equals the more expensive brands in quality. Perfect product for sensitive skin :)
  • Options
    Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Been meaning to try this and picked it up from superdrug today. I got the combination skin one, am interested to see what its like :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jemimabond wrote: »
    Do you need to use toner afterwards?

I have been using an oil cleanser then a milk cleanser in the evenings, followed by toner, but its a wee bit time consuming.

I would love to use Clinique or Clarins, but well out of my price range

BIB: I never have & my face always feels refreshed after using. I do tend to use it at night though as opposed to the mornings & it removes every trace of dirt.

I can imagine your night time routine is time consuming, hence why I love the Micellar Water as it does it all in one step.

I've used my mums Clinique stuff, the foaming cleanser & the soap bar used to be lovely, but I wouldn't buy full time.