The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 21)

Comments

• Soapy!Soapy! Posts: 288
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know Leona's current record sales up to date ?
  • EtherealEthereal Posts: 36,118
    Forum Member
    Video of Leona backstage at Rio with fans:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXBsGEae61A

It's a shame they rush her so much because she clearly enjoys interacting with fans and making all their autographs personal. She did have a plane home to catch though so it is understandable.
    Forum Member
    Ethereal wrote: »
    Video of Leona backstage at Rio with fans:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXBsGEae61A

It's a shame they rush her so much because she clearly enjoys interacting with fans and making all their autographs personal. She did have a plane home to catch though so it is understandable.

She seems so shy though.
    Forum Member
    Xtina's postponed her tour until 2011. :( Really gutted for you US fans.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2010/05/christina-aguilera-postpones-summer-tour.html
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xtina tour in 2011... flop
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    Soapy! wrote: »
    Does anyone know Leona's current record sales up to date ?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Leona+Lewis+current+record+sales
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    luissp95 wrote: »
    xtina tour in 2011... flop

That was quite rude.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2010/05/christina-aguilera-postpones-summer-tour.html

Sounds as though she was biting off way more than she could chew in such a short space of time. I find it strange that someone that's been around so long(with a good team behind her too, presumably) got this wrong.

I'm really sorry for the Christina and Leona fans in the US too :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ugh, just our luck. :( Hopefully she can tour when the next album comes out. :cry:
    Forum Member
    I wonder what Leona will do with the time she was devoting to that. Maybe just get stuck in with writing and recording album #3 or do some tour dates in Europe.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder what Leona will do with the time she was devoting to that. Maybe just get stuck in with writing and recording album #3 or do some tour dates in Europe.

Hopefully something is sorted out, quickly. I really don't know what they should do tbh. 1 side of me wants her to keep working on album #3 and another wants me for her to tour Europe, the European fans deserve it aswell. I think I'm edging over towards working on the album. It seems like her label really do want this album out this year since she's already recording songs.
    Forum Member
  • megataffmegataff Posts: 882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If her tour over here in europe goes really well (early signs from recent performances look encouraging too.....) you never know - she might announce her own tour over in NA in some smaller venues.....

I really really hope so - if not just for our NA friends to see her, as I've got a feeling, this LeLe tour is gonna smash over here.....

I'd love to see her doing something over the pond for her non-uk fans - even if it's just to reward their amazing loyalty to her!!
  • Frank823Frank823 Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ARGGHHH!! I was so set on going to the CA-LL show this summer. :( I really hope Leona still opens for her next year, or that Leona gets some smaller, more intimate gigs here.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Better In Time number 28 on the Portugese I-tunes.. They sure love that 1!
  • RavaneRavane Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sucks that Christina cancelled her tour. :( I did think it was a bit premature, not sure why it took till now for her to realise that.
  • ariella52ariella52 Posts: 7,519
    Forum Member
    Congrats to those who won tickets :):)

I know I shouldn't have, but I bumped that thread in the music section about Rock in Rio. It really irritates me that there are countless threads about Cheryl and the Radio 1 Big Weekend but Leona's performance gets one measly reply :rolleyes: It had close to 250 views though.
    From now on, I'm going to try my best to ignore anything negative about Leona - that's the attitude the lady herself probably has, and if it's good enough for her, it's certainly good enough for me :)

If Leona had sung like Cheryl did, it would have had people rushing to comment. :p:D

DS loves to criticise.
  • Cassie..Cassie.. Posts: 3,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gutted for the US fans :(:(

This morning i was at my local bakery getting breakfast before work and the owner was talking to me cos she knows how much i love Leona. Her daughter has stables local and she told me that Leona was booked in to do some riding last wednesday when she was here in Wakefield but she didint turn up cos she slept in :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    ariella52 wrote: »
    If Leona had sung like Cheryl did, it would have had people rushing to comment. :p:D

DS loves to criticise.

Very true :p
  • spiideyspiidey Posts: 16,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not been in the thread since Friday - did the Rock In Rio concert get streamed in full?

Not sure if I want any spoilers (think I'd rather be surprised with how the concert goes on Friday, than know in advance), so thought I'd ask before I start rummaging back through the thread for any other news.
  • saxman25osaxman25o Posts: 3,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spiidey wrote: »
    Not been in the thread since Friday - did the Rock In Rio concert get streamed in full?

Not sure if I want any spoilers (think I'd rather be surprised with how the concert goes on Friday, than know in advance), so thought I'd ask before I start rummaging back through the thread for any other news.

Recon you would be ok watching Rocking Rio its unlikely to spoil any suprises for the tour But had some great suprises in itself ! I recon this is Leona with a fair bit more attitude!:D
  • Ryan-BRyan-B Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it might work out better for leona about the tour being cancelled. now she can work on album 3 and when the tour comes and she rejoins xtina then she can promote first hand her new album to america.
  • andy614andy614 Posts: 45,259
    Forum Member
    Well my birmingham tickets finally came today! About time, was getting worried and was gonna get in contact with them later if they hadn't come, but got them so yay!

All very posh, it a little pouch with a car park pass, passes to the private bar/lounge and an intinerary.

Yay!
  • spiideyspiidey Posts: 16,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    saxman25o wrote: »
    Recon you would be ok watching Rocking Rio its unlikely to spoil any suprises for the tour But had some great suprises in itself ! I recon this is Leona with a fair bit more attitude!:D

Did the Rocking Rio set follow the same process that the Tour will? Or is that unknown at the moment?

How long was she on for?
  • saxman25osaxman25o Posts: 3,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seems to Me for Some Leona Is damned if she does And Damned if she doesn`t some people seem to expect Leona to do a gymnastic display physicaly while performing songs at a clinicaly perfect studio produced level , I recon Leona did a great( SHOW )at Rocking Rio and certainly aimed toward a rocky feel moving very much away from the Stood at a Mike like a statue theme and Working the audience while delivering some great vocals ( LIVE) like the professional she is and those close ups wow ! It was FANTASTIC to see Leona so much Loving it ! as were the audience :D
This discussion has been closed.