Options

Undeniable - ITV.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Funny that Claire Goose's mum in this looks quite similar to Peter Firth's daughter - http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3683496704/nm0102644 -
    https://www.google.com/search?site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1366&bih=540&q=tracy+brabin&oq=tracy+brab&gs_l=img.3.0.0l6j0i24l4.1052.2434.0.5092.10.9.0.1.1.0.171.430.7j2.9.0....0...1ac.1.39.img..0.10.436.CXbz1C5C0vU

You may recognise her from Corrie years ago or as the main boy's mum in the CBBC show The Ghost Hunter (2000-02) - or those Sainsbury's adverts too.
  • Options
    nw0307nw0307 Posts: 10,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm surprised there was any of his blood mixed with the victim since it appears he clobbered her over the head. And I'm put off with Jane's husband as he reminds me of that awful Lee Ryan of Blue who was in CBB!
  • Options
    hansuehansue Posts: 14,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hypnoali wrote: »
    I reckon he gave himself a blood transfusion before the test....

Its got to be something like that cause Im sure its him.
  • Options
    allie4allie4 Posts: 11,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure how the Ribena samples will help the case.

They could have a nice drink at the station, I suppose!
  • Options
    Wee TinkersWee Tinkers Posts: 12,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, now I know he did it. They said he didn't so I now believe he did. These things are always contrary.

Fgs, have to wait a week for conclusion. I'll have forgotten everything by then. I can barely remember what happened yesterday! Good drama, very fast pace - that hour flew in!
  • Options
    willrelf92willrelf92 Posts: 15,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm, well if it isn't him, I wonder if we'll find out who did it at the end. Got a feeling he did do it though.
  • Options
    domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member

If anyone could fudge a test, it would be a doctor.

I want him to be innocent though.
  • Options
    allie4allie4 Posts: 11,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, now I know he did it. They said he didn't so I now believe he did. These things are always contrary.

Fgs, have to wait a week for conclusion. I'll have forgotten everything by then. I can barely remember what happened yesterday! Good drama, very fast pace - that hour flew in!

He must have done it! He just must. And I agree with you, WT - I can barely remember 5 minutes ago.
  • Options
    topdog2006topdog2006 Posts: 467
    Forum Member
    dome wrote: »
    If anyone could fudge a test, it would be a doctor.

I want him to be innocent though.

One of my friends had this theory too- but I laughed it off as being too far fetched! Maybe it's not so ridiculous! :o How could a doctor just give himself a complete blood transfusion without anyone noticing though?
  • Options
    nomad2kingnomad2king Posts: 8,415
    Forum Member
    Taking a blood sample is not the normal way to get a DNA sample. Are we meant to overlook that?
  • Options
    scotchscotch Posts: 10,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was a true story in LA - a woman who visited out patients woke up in her bed and had memory of being raped- by a doctor. But she couldn't move.

She was poor and the good Dr had seen her at a reduced rate charge.

He then said that she was a known prostitute and slept around. And was only after compensation!

It was this girls poor standing in the community accusing the very popular Dr. NO one would believe her. They took a vaginal swab and had the DNA of the last person to have sex with her.
    The Dr let a Dr take his blood for DNA - the results came back that it wasn't his DNA in her.

All well and good, till the Dr who took the blood from the accused decided he wanted to do another blood test. So accused Dr came in and held out his arm. It was then the Dr realised that the accused Dr had inserted a long medical vain into his arm - the vain that would be used fior the blood test. The fake vien was filled with someone elses blood.

So they took blood from accused Drs other arm 0- and it matched the sperm DNA.

The Dr thought no one would believe her against him, and when they wanted a blood test he simple put a vain of different blood into his ar.

He almost got away with it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    allie4 wrote: »
    He must have done it! He just must. And I agree with you, WT - I can barely remember 5 minutes ago.

Lol funny that we - of all people - are willing to believe that someone could remember his face from 23 years ago. You and I will probably struggle to remember his face next Monday. :-D
  • Options
    AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    Lol funny that we - of all people - are willing to believe that someone could remember his face from 23 years ago. You and I will probably struggle to remember his face next Monday. :-D

Well we might cos its that Colin Firth off the telly:D
    Like the transfusion, vein theories, got to be something like that but why?
  • Options
    scotchscotch Posts: 10,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Abriel wrote: »
    Well we might cos its that Colin Firth off the telly:D
    Like the transfusion, vein theories, got to be something like that but why?

Good point. Why?
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    willrelf92 wrote: »
    Seems good so far, will be interesting to see whether the accused man goes down for it in the end.

He has to, it's the only way the story can be resolved. Though I imagine he'll confess, rather than there being any actual proof. If it's not him (i.e. what would happen in real life) then the story would just tail off.
    Abriel wrote: »
    Ooh the locum thing, ooh the Dna
    Wonder if the fact they live in an isolated cottage may be involved in some way....

I suspect the ending will be her alone in the dark, isolated cottage; she'll lock all the doors and windows, and then realise he's in there with her! Luckily, he'll confess all before she stabs him with a pair of scissors.

All totally original, and never seen before, of course.
    allie4 wrote: »
    Hmm, so he agreed. I wasn't expecting that. That's my theory shot then!

1. He realised he'd never cut himself, and it's someone else's blood,

2. He's had a bone marrow transplant.

3. A million to one shot - he's innocent.

Incidentally, how old is the daughter/lawyer supposed to be? She looks nearly as old as he is.
  • Options
    TrishaSTrishaS Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scotch wrote: »
    There was a true story in LA - a woman who visited out patients woke up in her bed and had memory of being raped- by a doctor. But she couldn't move.

She was poor and the good Dr had seen her at a reduced rate charge.

He then said that she was a known prostitute and slept around. And was only after compensation!

It was this girls poor standing in the community accusing the very popular Dr. NO one would believe her. They took a vaginal swab and had the DNA of the last person to have sex with her.
    The Dr let a Dr take his blood for DNA - the results came back that it wasn't his DNA in her.

All well and good, till the Dr who took the blood from the accused decided he wanted to do another blood test. So accused Dr came in and held out his arm. It was then the Dr realised that the accused Dr had inserted a long medical vain into his arm - the vain that would be used fior the blood test. The fake vien was filled with someone elses blood.

So they took blood from accused Drs other arm 0- and it matched the sperm DNA.

The Dr thought no one would believe her against him, and when they wanted a blood test he simple put a vain of different blood into his ar.

He almost got away with it!

That's interesting, and I did see his viens were very well pronounced, when the nurse tries to take blood from me she has a hell of a job :(

Also agree with the poster that said Jane's husband reminded them of Lee Ryan....I was trying to think who he reminded me of and you're right :D
  • Options
    ScoundreldaysScoundreldays Posts: 1,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Convinced now the doctor did do it. A red herring to end the 1st part claiming he didn't.
  • Options
    topdog2006topdog2006 Posts: 467
    Forum Member
    My theory is a bit out the box, but bear with me: could Jane have killed her mother?

At the start she seemed quite jealous that she was about to have a brother (kept referring to "our place") etc. so she might have pushed her mother onto the rocks in jealousy, which went too far?

The whole mysterious man with a rock could have just been something she made up as a child but has come to believe as the truth as she's grown up with the guilt?

I know there's a lot of holes in this but something along those lines perhaps??
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deleted
  • Options
    hansuehansue Posts: 14,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just realised where I had seen Janes husband before. Felix Scott was the male childminder in the last series of Doc Martin.
  • Options
    linfranlinfran Posts: 5,607
    Forum Member
    I just hope it won't come to Claire Goose nearly being battered to death with a stone on the river bank by Peter Firth. She is 30 and pregnant as was her mother when it happened to her. Please don't let this happen. The copycat killing has been done too many times and I am really hoping for something different.
  • Options
    nomad2kingnomad2king Posts: 8,415
    Forum Member
    Is the story about guilt or innocence? It could be about what people do when pressurised. Her by her own belief and him by what she does because of her belief. Guilt or innocence doesn't have to come into it.
  • Options
    heart of glassheart of glass Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    topdog2006 wrote: »
    My theory is a bit out the box, but bear with me: could Jane have killed her mother?

At the start she seemed quite jealous that she was about to have a brother (kept referring to "our place") etc. so she might have pushed her mother onto the rocks in jealousy, which went too far?

The whole mysterious man with a rock could have just been something she made up as a child but has come to believe as the truth as she's grown up with the guilt?

I was thinking along similar lines to you, it would certainly be a huge twist. :o
  • Options
    EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She was supposed to be seven. I can't see how a child of seven would be able to clean herself up enough for no one to notice that she was covered in blood. Not to say a seven year old wouldn't have the strength to do it, because I bet some certainly would, if Mum was sitting down and the kid came up behind her.

Like it, certainly. Thinking outside the box. :)

As has been said, why did they take his blood for the DNA test? Seemed mighty peculiar to me. Mind you it adds to the idea of him having done something to compromise the sample, like having a tube of someone else's blood in on his arm, with some sort of super duper layer of prosthetic skin over it. He's an oncologist, so he'll have inside knowledge of prosthetics and a place to source them without arousing any suspicion.
    Then again, he'd have to know in advance that they were going to take his blood, rather than swab his gob for the DNA test.
    And how would he?
    And why would they?

I say it's Robert Pugh, her Dad. Because he is usually a very bad egg indeed in these things. Great actor. He frightened the blithering living daylights out of me in "Priest"
    Bloody hell.

As another notion - what about Claire Goose's Stepmother? Maybe she was carrying on with the Dad all those years ago and killed the wife. A small child can mistake a man for a woman pretty easily.
    It was striking how Claire said her child liked spending time with "You and her Grandpa" and the Step Mum looked a bit narked and said "Yes, we love having our granddaughter"
    Though if it was her, the blood test will be able to show now that the blood was female. Not sure if it could have done back in the first place.

Well, I might be overthinking this. :D
    Time for bed
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ooh now you might be on to something there. Very TV drama-ish. I'm fairly sure I watched a drama recently with a twist in a similar vein. Can't for the life of me think what it was.

Her depression and mental health problems might not be due to her mum's murder, but by her blocking out what she had done.

Yep, you may be right :cool: but I hope you're not because you've spoiled the ending for me now. :p:D