Options

5 Thoughts - Week 6

Comments

• Options
    TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    SWRD85 wrote: »
    I must be the only one underwhelmed slightly by Frankie. Was I the only one who didn't feel there was enough Tango there?

You're not - it was very good but not worth a 10 at all IMO.

1. LOVED the theming with all the costumes and the set - they all looked amazing!

2. What did Steve do to warrant being slagged off that much? Personally I really enjoyed his performance, he was fun but also kept plenty of dance content and I think he keeps getting better. Sad to see such a nice guy being ripped to shreds by the judges.

3. Jake also deserved far more than he got - even on a supposedly bad day he always excites me with his performances and I think his scores were pathetic.

4. Love Pixie Lott and LOVE 'Danger! High Voltage!'

5. I'm not sure who I want to vote out most - Judy or Darcy!
  • Options
    *Venetia**Venetia* Posts: 1,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Really hard to know what dance was being performed as the theming completely got in the way.>:(
    2. Horrible music choices none of them fit at all.>:(
    3. Wish they would ditch Halloween night.>:(
    4. Zoe did well filling in.:) Hope Claudia's child isn't too sick and makes a quick recovery.:(
    5. Jake undermarked and could be in trouble, he is well down the table.:(
  • Options
    glasshalffullglasshalffull Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1) Desperate shoehorning of costumes, props, make up, Dalmatians, cheesy VTs, wigs, set dressing, bad jokes and silly names for the pro dancers to cover a clapped out theme and badly performed music totally unsuited to the dances.

2) Exhausting, infuriating and embarrassing to watch them flog a horse that is not just dead it's already been turned into glue and stuffing for sofas. You know how bad it was when you start to hate the 2/3 contestants you want to do well

3) Someone should tell them better sound equipment than two tin cans joined by string now exists.

4) Of course the audience kept getting to their feet Tess...they were hoping to make it to the exit before anyone noticed.

5) Get Alan Sugar in as a judge so he can fire 3 contestants (Judy, Alison & Scott) and just get this series over and done with it.
  • Options
    puppylove7puppylove7 Posts: 66,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. I am LOVING Brendan this series. You can just tell he's enjoying it and I'm really liking his growing partnership with Sunetra. Hoping they can go far! :)
    2. Mark was the highlight for me tonight! Thought he was the one who deserved the 10 tonight instead of Frankie. Loving his improvement and he's such a nice guy.
    3. Have to say I do enjoy Judy and Anton. I feel that Judy is improving and Anton was making me laugh out loud tonigh. Love their relationship. You can just tell they're having so much fun together.
    4. I was gutted when I found out Claudia wasn't doing it tonight but thought Zoe did a brilliant job. Loved everyone supporting her in the pit and thought her getting really excited about 9s was so nice! :p Hope Claudia's child is ok and recovers quickly.
    5. Loved the Donny digs throughout the show!! :D
  • Options
    primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member
    1. nothing was that bad, but nothing was that good either.

2. scoring was over the top, i got confused that i must be missing something..

3. pasha looked like fred west

4. haley did well at wuthering heights, less well at defying gravity

5. best dance was probably mark's jive
  • Options
    CamisCamis Posts: 13,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. Frankie and Kevin - whatever it was, it wasn't a tango.
    2. So many messed up performances tonight - the pressure of the theme taking over from the choreography?
    3. Sunetra suffering from being first out
    4. Judges being caught up in theming rather than dancing
    5. Come back Claud - hope baby Claud is ok.
  • Options
    bloggingbellebloggingbelle Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Overall I felt the standard dropped a bit this week

1 As above the standard was not great tonight
    2 Frankie was the standout performance- looked lovely in green
    3 Steve will wow us if he is in the dance off - he won't mess up twice
    4 Strangely liked Alison's dance
    5 Caroline can party
  • Options
    Julie JJulie J Posts: 1,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Jake undermarked
    2. Time for Alison, Scott or Judy to go
    3. Great outfits and make up tonight
    4. Glad Frankie got a real 10 - was a wonderful dance
    5. I too think Mark could do an Abby and win it
  • Options
    lightonmyfeetlightonmyfeet Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daziechain wrote: »
    Bit much for you to say people shouldn't vote for Judy but give a rally cry for Sunetra and Steve. Yes .. of course they're better than she is .. but they didn't dance well. People are throwing MORE votes their way because they didn't dance well and why? Because they like them .. nothing wrong with that but people have every right to like Judy too.

^^^that is my no.1. I hate being told who I should not vote for. Last week Twitter was full of people saying that voters of Scott and Judy should "hang their heads in shame" - get a grip people.
    2. Ironically I used my votes for Steve and Sunetra because I don't want to see them go.
    3. I remember the year there was an armed forces themed week (Gethin in airforce blue), I say this because I would like to see non halloween week next year.
    4. Alison was imo worst of the night, and yet the judges don't want to put her in the Judy/Scott class.
    5. Awful amateur acting VTs. The most amusing (least cringiest?) one was Anton in his dalmatian onesie. The image was then spoiled for me by the sight of the 2 reluctant dalmatians in the studio - not necessary.
  • Options
    Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. Aljaž's trousers :)
    2. Pasha's hair :D
    3. Zoe was a mensch :cool:
    4. Desperately sorry that Steve forgot 70% of the routine :cry:
    5. It won't be Halloween next week :D:D

Cheeky 6th. Band and singers coped brilliantly tonight IMO
  • Options
    BricksyBricksy Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    1) Green is my new favourite colour.
    2) "Bend it like Clifton" - I though Joanne was about to bite her own behind.
    3) Pixie and Trent looked like they were having a blast.
    4) Zoe did a good job but had someone put spiders in her dress?
    5) I'd like a theme and prop free week now. Please. Pretty please.
  • Options
    shrinkingvioletshrinkingviolet Posts: 3,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Halloween is one of the only theme weeks I love.
    2. Hair, makeup and costumes were great. Thought Pixie's in particular was amazing. The songs on the other hand...
    3. Trent is rapidly becoming one of my fave pros. I find him very watchable. Hope he's back next year.
    4. Thought Bruno's comments to Judy were awful.
    5. Frankie is very beautiful, even in green makeup.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. Get well Claudia's child but Zoe great replacement, I would give her a role on Saturday.
    2. Halloween costumes great, music not so, all of it gets in the way of the dancing.
    3. Like Frankie, Kevin is a pain in the ........
    4. Mark and Karen were the stand out performers for me tonight!
    5. Also hope Sunetra and Brendan are ok, great partnership, and got my BBC vote!
    Sorry one more, please let Scott or Judy go tonight!!!!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Hair and make-up were fantastic!
    2. Loved Pixie's hair.
    3. Judy looked amazing.
    4. Mark is improving every week.
    5. The dancing and music were mostly dreadful.

cheeky 6th Zoe did very well but I prefer Claudia with the dancers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. Loved Mark's dance
    2. Could Caroline's boyfriend have looked more bored? Nope(he was the beardy bloke they kept showing in front row)
    3. Felt sorry for those dogs during Judy's dance, they looked terrified.
    4. Think Jake peaked back in Week 2 and isn't going to get back to being as good as that,
    5. Loving everyone referring to Frankie's ten as a 'real' ten.

Cheeky 6: Was laughing at Tristan making faces in the background all night.
  • Options
    blindsideblindside Posts: 4,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Disappointed with the show overall.
    2. Really enjoyed Mark's jive.
    3. Definitely missed Claudia.
    4. The music choices continue to be pretty dire.
    5. Would love to see this theme week: Strictly Traditional. Proper music for each dance; no weird costuming; no props. They give us 13 weeks of everything else, so one wouldn't be a killer.
  • Options
    Liza with a ZeeLiza with a Zee Posts: 1,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Pixie over marked again
    2. How bad was Steve
    3. Mark is really improving
    4. Sunetra was awful
    5. Frankie really suits long hair
  • Options
    Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. You know Strictlys having a bad week when Scott isn't the worst of the worst
    2. The hair & make up were fantastic but the dancing seems to get forgotten.
    3. I found Frankie & Kevin's Tango far too frantic to fit in with the music
    4. I missed Claudia
    5. Those poor Dalmatians
  • Options
    ellieb123ellieb123 Posts: 7,546
    Forum Member
    1) Can Aljaz wear those trousers every week?
    2) I wonder if Aljaz could wear those trousers next week?
    3) Is it possible for Aljaz to wear those trousers again?
    4) Can someone ring Vicky and get her to give Aljaz that style of trouser forever?
    5) Someone needs to stitch Aljaz into those trousers...

Also- get well soon to Claudia's child.
  • Options
    Liza with a ZeeLiza with a Zee Posts: 1,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    primer wrote: »
    1. nothing was that bad, but nothing was that good either.

2. scoring was over the top, i got confused that i must be missing something..

3. pasha looked like fred west

4. haley did well at wuthering heights, less well at defying gravity

5. best dance was probably mark's jive

Haha agree with this Haley ain't no Idina Menzel 😄
  • Options
    sambadansambadan Posts: 1,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Another total disaster of a theme week. Over restrictive in terms of dance.
    2. Halloween themed weeks have always been particularly awful and tonight was the absolute pits
    3. Inept scoring from the judges. Monumentally incompetent.
    4. Diabolical song choices across the board.
    5. Zoe did pretty well on her SCD host appearance. Fair play to her.
  • Options
    DingDong08DingDong08 Posts: 8,600
    Forum Member
    1. Both Frankie and Mark were very pleasant surprises, and deserved to be the top two on the leaderboard. Even though Frankie was given possibly the worst Tango song in the world, she danced it astonishingly well and deserved her ten. :)

2. Caroline and Jake, on the other hand, were slightly disappointing. Caroline danced her routine well, but it didn't feel like a Halloween-themed dance after the first twenty seconds. Even though Jake's was undermarked in comparison to the rest of the dances, I had expected better from the training. :(

3. I put a vote in for Simon tonight, for the first time, as he really does not deserve to be in the bottom-two after his performance tonight. If it hadn't been for the mistakes, it would've been his best dance yet, but he still did pretty well, I thought. :)

4. I actually quite enjoyed Scott tonight. :o It's crazy, I know, but it was the first time he hasn't looked completely aloof on the dancefloor. I definitely preferred it to Judy's, which was slow, uninteresting and had a random Labrador stage invasion at the start. :confused:

5. Part of me wants Steve in the dance-off, just so I can see his Charleston (which had so much potential) without the mistakes. Now I've said that, he'll probably end up against someone much better than him and go, so I might have to retract that wish. :p

(A cheeky 6. The costume and make-up departments were both phenomenal this week, particularly with Pixie's fantastically frizzy hair - I nearly spit my drink out from laughing when she got 'electrocuted' at the start. :D)
  • Options
    peevepeeve Posts: 3,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. I hate theme nights because they tend to overwhelm the dance content. Tonight was no exception. >:( Having said that, the costumes, hair and make-up were generally great (although Ola has every right to be disgruntled at having to wear a dog biscuit in her hair) and the performance element of the dances tended to be better than average, so not a total disaster. (Can I get away with that as just one thought? :blush:)
    2. Zoe did a great job standing in for Claudia. Girl power. :D Oh, and I hope Claudia's sick child gets better soon. xx
    3. Shocked to find my favourite choreography of the night was Joanne's. :o She couldn't disguise Scott's general awfulness, but she gave it a good go.
    4. Absolutely loved Mark's joyful jive and he is the embodiment of all that is great about Strictly. Hope the people who dismissed him as a nobody at the start of the series are eating their words. :p
    5. My favourite partnership, however, is that of Pixie and Trent, who dance together as if they've been doing it for years. <3
  • Options
    mirandawebmirandaweb Posts: 3,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1) Zoe did well but I rather missed Claudia. Hope her kid is OK.

2) That wig really suited Pasha.

3) I am very worried for Steve - a bad dance + face paint that mostly obscured his lovely smile. He doesn't deserve to go yet, so I'm praying he stays out of the bottom two.

4) Those poor dogs! Whose stupid idea was it to make live animals part of a live performance?

5) I loved Scott's costume. I think he should have done the whole dance in hunched over/stiff character.
  • Options
    Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,201
    Forum Member
    peeve wrote: »

Absolutely loved Mark's joyful jive and he is the embodiment of all that is great about Strictly. Hope the people who dismissed him as a nobody at the start of the series are eating their words. :p<3

Wasn't he great! I have said from the first show that Mark is the dark horse of this series. I love his enthusiasm, he seems a really genuine guy, and he works so hard.

I would love to see him lift the Glitter Ball this year. :D