Options

men would you ever ring the police

sleepy ghostsleepy ghost Posts: 176
Forum Member
in 99% of situations I wouldnt, i think a man should be able to look after himself and not rely on the police to protect him

Comments

• Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    in 99% of situations I wouldnt, i think a man should be able to look after himself and not rely on the police to protect him

So now the police are only for women, is there anything a man can do.;-)
  • Options
    AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It depends on the crime. If your house has been burgled, you can't claim on the insurance without a crime number for example.
  • Options
    BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In 99% of what situations? Doing the washing up and dropping a plate? Probably not. Being shot at by a masked intruder? Maybe.
  • Options
    GoldengayerGoldengayer Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't call the cops either, yo might get those women police thingys turning up.. then what...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Aneechik wrote: »
    It depends on the crime. If your house has been burgled, you can't claim on the insurance without a crime number for example.

I shouldve phrased it better, like if someone attacked one of your family members and you knew who it was or something like that
  • Options
    lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    Only in the event I saw a crime having been or being committed. Except speeding. Unless it was wreckless.
    Oh, and someone smoking a bit of dope. I can let that go.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lemoncurd wrote: »
    Only in the event I saw a crime having been or being committed. Except speeding. Unless it was wreckless.
    Oh, and someone smoking a bit of dope. I can let that go.

See the thing is if a grown man seen an old woman being attacked they should step in and if you dont your a coward
  • Options
    QT 3.14QT 3.14 Posts: 1,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Trololololololololololololololololol
  • Options
    FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So the OP is a ninja who could take on a gang of intruders or something then?

Anyway, if I had need too then of course I would. Why wouldn't I?
  • Options
    TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I shouldve phrased it better, like if someone attacked one of your family members and you knew who it was or something like that

How about if one of your family members got attacked and you didn't know who did it?
    What if your house got burgled and you didn't know who did it?
    Ditto car getting stolen?
    Your child went missing?
    You got mugged?

What weird, out-dated logic. I bet you're the type that hates grasses too.
  • Options
    2-Pot Screamer2-Pot Screamer Posts: 34,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah, they never ring me...
  • Options
    Safi74Safi74 Posts: 5,580
    Forum Member

What an incredibly ridiculous comment.

You seem to have a very warped view of the roles of men and women.

What about that poor disabled guy that was beaten up? Should he have not involved the police because he is a bloke?

I do hope you're just a WUM. If you actually think that then god help us all!
  • Options
    CosinCosin Posts: 765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't because the never call you back to tell you the outcome. Fair enough though, as 99% of the time they go to the wrong address
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm going to print that out and frame it under "Another reason why some people shouldn't be on the Internet".
  • Options
    andersonsonsonandersonsonson Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    How would you fight someone with a 6 inch knife OP? Would you retreat and phone the police, or try and attack them and risk death?
  • Options
    gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How would you fight someone with a 6 inch knife OP? Would you retreat and phone the police, or try and attack them and risk death?
    He would do a 'Mick Dundee'
  • Options
    Wee TinkersWee Tinkers Posts: 12,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If a mobile was his only means available my husband would certainly try but, thanks to his big clumsy man fingers, he'd probably dial 989#. :(
    QT 3.14 wrote: »
    Trololololololololololololololololol

Trololololololololololololazy.
    Nah, they never ring me...

Genuine lolz. :D
    Fizix wrote: »
    So the OP is a ninja who could take on a gang of intruders or something then?

I think OP wants us to think he's Phil Mitchell but I'm picturing Mr Bean eating a Snickers.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I think OP wants us to think he's Phil Mitchell but I'm picturing Mr Bean eating a Snickers.

No, he's an aspiring Mick Carter!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ok everyone maybe 99% of things ill admit I was wrong, but stuff like you seen an old woman being robbed would you call the police or would you try and help, unfortunately 2 scumbags tried to rob y grandmothers handbag and god bless her she wouldnt let it go lol, and grown men just stood there and watched while on the phone to the police, they are the definition of cowards. this was years back
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Sorry but that is a ridiculous viewpoint.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ok everyone maybe 99% of things ill admit I was wrong, but stuff like you seen an old woman being robbed would you call the police or would you try and help, unfortunately 2 scumbags tried to rob y grandmothers handbag and god bless her she wouldnt let it go lol, and grown men just stood there and watched while on the phone to the police, they are the definition of cowards. this was years back

To be serious for a minute, I think each situation has to be judged individually.

I read once of a woman being raped and people walked by while she screamed. I hope I wouldn't've have walked by, and that's as a woman.

But sadly nowadays you just don't know who has a knife or even a gun.

If it is a bloke in a one on one situation then maybe they could have a go, but I certainly wouldn't think they were cowards if they called the police instead.

What I think is lacking, is when there are crowds of people who do nothing. Who just turn the other way. Why don't they collectively do something? Now those people are cowards.
  • Options
    Wee TinkersWee Tinkers Posts: 12,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Safi74 wrote: »
    No, he's an aspiring Mick Carter!

Hope he doesn't do that squinty eyed thing. He could walk into something and do himself a mischief.

Hmm, yeah, I do know what you mean; you might be forgiven for thinking someone's instinct would tell them to rush to her aid, but I suppose some people fear what intervening might lead to so feel they're better served calling the police. Be worse if they stood around filming it on their phones.

ETA: although you'd obviously want to be calling the police anyway in a case like that, regardless of how bystanders react.

Fair play to your gran. Funnily enough my granny did the same when burglars broke into her house. She held so tight to the handles (?) of her bag they actually ripped it. Sturdy big beast of a bag it was too. She still had the handstraps in her hand when mum and the police got there. :D
  • Options
    TeganRhanTeganRhan Posts: 2,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just want to point out that some women are more of a match in a combative situation than some men. I knew a few who played for wales women's rugby team...and you wouldn't wanna **** with them. Just putting it out there....
    It's true though, most people think twice now though cause of knife crime or the poor people who've been killed trying to help. Can't name an exact case. It I do remember a few years back a guy telling some lads to lay off this kid and he had his head stamped on till he died. :(
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it were something minor, like I catch a chav breaking into my car, no I wouldn't. I would do for anything major though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    TeganRhan wrote: »
    I just want to point out that some women are more of a match in a combative situation than some men. I knew a few who played for wales women's rugby team...and you wouldn't wanna **** with them. Just putting it out there....
    It's true though, most people think twice now though cause of knife crime or the poor people who've been killed trying to help. Can't name an exact case. It I do remember a few years back a guy telling some lads to lay off this kid and he had his head stamped on till he died. :(

That case was so tragic but sadly not a one off. I saw a prog where a guys head was jumped on repeatedly. You could hear the crunch of his skull. He had intervened when he saw a bloke drunkenly laying into his girlfriend. Sadly he died. If he hadn't stept in, he'd still be alive.

As for women being a match for men strength wise...some are...but I'm not! My eight year old nephew will be able to pin me down in a couple of years!!!! I'm a weakling I'm afraid and I'm grateful the police are there just incase!