This Morning-How comes Schofield is working during half term?

dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
Forum Member
✭✭
He never usually does and always gets all the holidays off and Eamnon and Ruth will always cover. How come he is doing it this year?

Comments

• RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So glad I didn't go to your school ;-)
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Presumably his children are no longer of school age and unlike Lorraine Kelly he doesn't still need frequent time off to wipe his grown up children's bums?
  • mashamoto79mashamoto79 Posts: 2,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe he is away next week when the flights are cheaper.
  • all_nightall_night Posts: 7,615
    Forum Member
    It is a strange thing for me for main presenters to be off here when its holidays here. In US, the 'anchors' are on screen 5 days a week unless on holiday or assignment. Presenters seem to get it very easy here.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wouldn't have thought 'half-term' was relevant to Schofe these days. His daughters are grown up and flown the nest.
  • merlinbusmerlinbus Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    Been a bit under the weather lately, so I`m sentenced to watching some daytime TV. Glad "Porky" Holmes is not doing This Morning, as after watching him going on about his love life, and fawning over the ladies on Friday, I had an overpowering urge to reach for the sick bucket. He must be the most objectionable presenter on TV, and nobody must mention his weight, or the writ will hit them within the hour. He also likes to take the pee but judging by the look on his face, he can`t take it.
  • occyoccy Posts: 65,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eamonn is only plumbing duty at Sky News :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because he's just not on TV enough?í*½í¸‰
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because he's just not on TV enough?í*½í¸‰
  • Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How many times does this discussion come up.

The top presenters don't have school hols off because of their own kids, they have them off because as they are at the top of their game they get a lot of holiday and the broadcasters schedule them to be taken at school hols as audiences are lower and viewers routines are broken.

This applies on GMB, Lorraine, This Morning, Breakfast, BBC News and ITV News.

Most of us can take holidays whenever we want within reason, but in TV it would look bad. Imagine This Morning relaunching in September but with Phil on hs hols, and then he comes back and then Holly goes off for two weeks, then Phil has a random Wednesday off etc like what would happen in an office.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't Eamonn and Ruth have a young child together but they always seem to work during the summer holidays so when does the poor kid get a break ?

Presenters are contracted for a certain number of days per year which may - or may not - include school holidays.
  • notlurkingnownotlurkingnow Posts: 741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe he is away next week when the flights are cheaper.

That is what he said this morning in a jokey way but probably true.
  • towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    merlinbus wrote: »
    Been a bit under the weather lately, so I`m sentenced to watching some daytime TV. Glad "Porky" Holmes is not doing This Morning, as after watching him going on about his love life, and fawning over the ladies on Friday, I had an overpowering urge to reach for the sick bucket. He must be the most objectionable presenter on TV, and nobody must mention his weight, or the writ will hit them within the hour. He also likes to take the pee but judging by the look on his face, he can`t take it.

After seeing the size of many Americans these days - and some Brits - Holmes really isn't that big. I don't understand the fuss..