Options

EE: Emma To Max: "You Know"

ABCZYXABCZYX Posts: 12,107
Forum Member
✭✭
Was it revealed why Emma said "you know" to Max? What exactly was she referring to?

Comments

• Options
    celiajacobsceliajacobs Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    I assumed that she was talking about her memory stick of video footage that max took and destroyed
  • Options
    Padraig_O_ConnoPadraig_O_Conno Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    She probably knew about Max covering for Abi because he thought she was the killer
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unfortunately, those words and her insight had no real significance because Max had little to do with any of it. That is why Max needed to be a bigger part of what happened.I feel he his and Abi's contribution was a bit lame in the end.
  • Options
    ryanr554ryanr554 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still confused about that actually, I was so sure he was part of the cover up.

Unless there is more to come I don't think it means anything.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was obviously a red herring. EastEnders can easily explain this away as her being a dazed, confused, dying woman at the time of her utterance.
  • Options
    steve781steve781 Posts: 1,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When did the CCTV coverage of Max attacking Lucy which he deleted take place?
  • Options
    LNSLNS Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Assuming Max thought it was Abi all along and his reaction was to play like he knew all along the killer which to him was Abi... i dont think Max knew it was anyone from the Beale let alone she was killed in the house.
  • Options
    alias aliasalias alias Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    steve781 wrote: »
    When did the CCTV coverage of Max attacking Lucy which he deleted take place?

May.

She could have been talking about jane's car or the video of janes car being deleted.
  • Options
    D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because, because, because...

Shhh... these WERE THE BEST EPISODES OF TV EVER MADE.
  • Options
    steve781steve781 Posts: 1,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    May.

She could have been talking about jane's car or the video of janes car being deleted.

What I meant was, if he didn't attack her the night she died when did he?
  • Options
    scoobiesnacksscoobiesnacks Posts: 3,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "You know" is unexplained to me too. Find it hard to believe it was a mistake.
  • Options
    GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    She had a concussion. She didn't know whst the he'll she was on about.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There does seem to be a mix of answers. I wish it was actually revealed as to what, if anything, she was referring to.
  • Options
    FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    It's not that difficult, I can't believe none of you have guessed it.

It was Max who told Emma that the Beale's living room light was on at the time of Lucy's death.

I assume you all watched Jane explain it pretty clearly last night?...
  • Options
    unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah that's what I can't understand, I thought it would turn out that he helped Jane thinking Abi had killed her
  • Options
    The Queen VicThe Queen Vic Posts: 5,775
    Forum Member
    Firegazer wrote: »

It was Max who told Emma that the Beale's living room light was on at the time of Lucy's death.

Indeed. Quite clear when you think about it, although the tone of Emma's delivery did suggest something a little more sinister. However, the actress didn't know and she was probably told to play it like that.
  • Options
    ryanr554ryanr554 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If this is the case which is likely, she said it in too much of a accusatory tone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

But the conversation between Max and Emma went like this: (also found on this link) http://metro.co.uk/2015/01/01/lucy-beales-killer-is-still-top-secret-but-emma-summerhayes-is-convinced-max-branning-knows-more-than-hes-letting-on-5006658/

Emma: "It wasn't there."
    Max: "What wasn't there? What are you talking about?"
    Emma: "You know."

That doesn't fit fit in with the Beale's living room light.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    ABCZYX wrote: »
    But the conversation between Max and Emma went like this: (also found on this link) http://metro.co.uk/2015/01/01/lucy-beales-killer-is-still-top-secret-but-emma-summerhayes-is-convinced-max-branning-knows-more-than-hes-letting-on-5006658/

Makes perfect sense when put into context like this.
  • Options
    LurkingQuietlyLurkingQuietly Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    Rather than talking about the missing car, which we've all thought it's been referring to, if "it wasn't there" meant "It wasn't on the common she was killed" with it, then the light on would totally work.

I did think it was because of a Max involvement straight away, so unless there's any more developments, then it must have been a deliberate red herring.
  • Options
    NefersitraNefersitra Posts: 2,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ABCZYX wrote: »

I've got this nagging feeling there was a clue we missed that Emma is referring too. Something Max should have known and something that was in the file - probably whatever tipped Lauren off that Lucy was killed in her house.