2»

Comments

• Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JamieHT wrote: »
    How do we know she's improved?

Because there haven't been any bad stories about her since. Plus i doubt she would of lasted for the last 4/5 years of her current stint if she was difficult. Santer and Newman both had nothing but nice things to say about her.
  • Options
    Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bwfcol wrote: »
    Does anyone like Anthony Cotton?

If he is anything like he was in the Jungle - a spiteful moaner - then I very much doubt it!

Wasnt the fact that Jessie Wallace and Babs Windsor did not get in an open secret? I remember it being mentioned on a chat show once.

Diedre (God rest her soul) and Gail never shared any scenes in Corrie even though they were in the same age bracket and had been in the Street the same long amount of time, when you would think they would be friends - on set anyhow!
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    I remember reading by the end of Jessie's original stint, her only friends left on set were Charlie Brooks and Shane Richie - which did help not completely isolate her as they were both quite popular among cast and crew.
  • Options
    D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's human nature. Nobody can get on with everybody.
  • Options
    MrMarpleMrMarple Posts: 3,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If he is anything like he was in the Jungle - a spiteful moaner - then I very much doubt it!

Wasnt the fact that Jessie Wallace and Babs Windsor did not get in an open secret? I remember it being mentioned on a chat show once.

Diedre (God rest her soul) and Gail never shared any scenes in Corrie even though they were in the same age bracket and had been in the Street the same long amount of time, when you would think they would be friends - on set anyhow!

I disagree, I can name quite a few scenes between Deirdre & Gail without thinking about it really.

The first 2 that spring to mind are Gail throwing a dessert into Deirdres face after everyone found out about her kiss with Lewis and the other when TracyLuv betrayed Gail in jail, Deirdre and Gail had quite a few scenes together.

In fact, after Anne died, Helen Worth had some lovely things to say about her.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/showbiz/553291/Anne-Kirkbride-death-Coronation-Street-Deirdre-Barlow-Helen-Worth
  • Options
    Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember reading by the end of Jessie's original stint, her only friends left on set were Charlie Brooks and Shane Richie - which did help not completely isolate her as they were both quite popular among cast and crew.

Didn't Steve McFadden campaign to stop her returning when it was announced she was to return a few years ago? :o
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrMarple wrote: »
    [/B]

I disagree, I can name quite a few scenes between Deirdre & Gail without thinking about it really.

The first 2 that spring to mind are Gail throwing a dessert into Deirdres face after everyone found out about her kiss with Lewis and the other when TracyLuv betrayed Gail in jail, Deirdre and Gail had quite a few scenes together.

In fact, after Anne died, Helen Worth had some lovely things to say about her.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/showbiz/553291/Anne-Kirkbride-death-Coronation-Street-Deirdre-Barlow-Helen-Worth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIhDzc_zyh4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iht8SkPq2Y
  • Options
    PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I expect there are some soap actors who don't get along, but there is not one actor with the power to "refuse" to be in a scene with any other actor!

Anyone, absolutely anyone, who tried that would be shown the door straightaway.