Options

Why do people hate One Direction?

Comments

• Options
    zeze88zeze88 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    About dancing, I think the better word would be - they are convinced they can't dance. It wouldn't kill them just to try, I'm sure their fans would go wild if they had few dance routines here and there. I'm actually surprised Simon hasn't convinced them they should at least try.
  • Options
    twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That would be the appropriate word. They still can't sing, they can't write, they can't dance, the can't play instruments, honestly, where are their abilities apart from looking pretty and jump on every PR hype?

Yes Chris and here you are again posting the same opinion you have posted in this thread several times.

Sorry that your opinion isn't the same as millions of others; who do think they can sing and can play instruments (2 play guitar and 1 plays piano, ) and they have contributed to some songs on their album

BUT they are a boy band so what has writing music and playing insturments got to do with it . As for dancing well this is 2013 and teenagers like their boybands non dancing as do I . But guess that is a preference some like an automated all singing and dancing circus type troupe others like freer choreography
  • Options
    Winter004Winter004 Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That would be the appropriate word. They still can't sing, they can't write, they can't dance, the can't play instruments, honestly, where are their abilities apart from looking pretty and jump on every PR hype?

For someone who seems to hate them so much, you sure spend a lot of time posting about them! I was going to post about how they can actually sing but seeing as you're so consistently vociferous in your dislike there's no point is there?!
  • Options
    ChateauMarmontChateauMarmont Posts: 2,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love One Direction but Niall can't dance to save his life! The One Way Or Another video proves that, the others have some rhythm about them.

Honestly I don't understand why everyone hates them so much, they're good looking, young, been given an opportunity that any of us would've took advantage of and produce music that is aimed at their teenage girl fanbase. It's natural people won't like their music, disliking them as people just seems weird. I read their Twitter, I've seen Facebook and I haven't seen any of them say anything (other than the childish Jake Bugg comeback) to warrant the abuse they get from people.

If DS and the Internet had been around in the days of A1, Point Break and all the boybands I loved at school god help them!
  • Options
    DODS11DODS11 Posts: 2,026
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Their fanbase are kinda horrific
  • Options
    HMOHMO Posts: 42,223
    Forum Member
    Honestly I don't understand why everyone hates them so much, they're good looking, young, been given an opportunity that any of us would've took advantage of and produce music that is aimed at their teenage girl fanbase. It's natural people won't like their music, disliking them as people just seems weird.

it's leaning more towards their apparent 'rubbish' vocals more than the music they produce. I personally regard three of them as brilliant singers, and the other two as good singers, but as a group they sound great. I think they are more liked than some other artists which have over 300 million views on YouTube, they don't have that many dislikes compared to Justin Bieber for example.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    I just find it hilarious that middle aged people take time out of their day to "dislike" YouTube videos or comment on articles/threads about people who have no affect on their life in the slightest.

I can't stand Adele therefore I don't listen to her, I don't read things about her and she doesn't enter my head.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    zeze88 wrote: »
    Well, if you just check out their last 2 studio albums (Where We Are and Gravity), they had a lot of modern pop songs and very little covers - maybe you would be surprised how good they actually got. However, no one besides WL fans could notice that because of only 1 single that promoted the album.

I 100% that covers ruined them, even if I'm still a fan.

Listen to this for example, this was written by Mark, it is on their Greatest Hits album:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HElBETmUpXI

Don't get mad for going off topic here people, this is just a 1 time ting - just ignore it;)

So if they have loads of original songs on the albums why did they release so many covers?
  • Options
    LED93LED93 Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    twingle wrote: »
    Yes Chris and here you are again posting the same opinion you have posted in this thread several times.

Sorry that your opinion isn't the same as millions of others; who do think they can sing and can play instruments (2 play guitar and 1 plays piano, ) and they have contributed to some songs on their album

BUT they are a boy band so what has writing music and playing insturments got to do with it . As for dancing well this is 2013 and teenagers like their boybands non dancing as do I . But guess that is a preference some like an automated all singing and dancing circus type troupe others like freer choreography

The heirs to Hendrix, Clapton and Joel :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So if they have loads of original songs on the albums why did they release so many covers?

Put it simply, Simon and Louis were assholes who forced them to do covers. The boys argued again and again against that, but no use. Can you imagine that they had 1 cover song on Where We Are album and they released that one as the only single from the album? After The Love Album. Louis even came up with the idea of Westlife Go To The Movies album where they would cover movie song, but thankfully - that was the one fight they won so they instead made an original album, Of course, that album also had just 3 covers, but the lead just HAD to be Michael Buble's Home:rolleyes:

I could just go on and on but I think now you understand the reason.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    zeze88 wrote: »
    Put it simply, Simon and Louis were assholes who forced them to do covers. The boys argued again and again against that, but no use. Can you imagine that they had 1 cover song on Where We Are album and they released that one as the only single from the album? After The Love Album. Louis even came up with the idea of Westlife Go To The Movies album where they would cover movie song, but thankfully - that was the one fight they won so they instead made an original album, Of course, that album also had just 3 covers, but the lead just HAD to be Michael Buble's Home:rolleyes:

I could just go on and on but I think now you understand the reason.

They should have changed record labels. Releasing a cover as the only single from an album was a bad idea :rolleyes: I don't think Syco are all that good a label.
  • Options
    CMCM Posts: 33,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    I don't see what people have against them.

It's called UK jealously anyone that does well people in UK hate that. :cool:
  • Options
    my name is joemy name is joe Posts: 4,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PaulBowker wrote: »
    I just find it hilarious that middle aged people take time out of their day to "dislike" YouTube videos or comment on articles/threads about people who have no affect on their life in the slightest.

I can't stand Adele therefore I don't listen to her, I don't read things about her and she doesn't enter my head.

except you've managed to mention the fact in a thread that's nothing to do with her, so maybe you're not so exempt from the weird phenomenon as you think;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    except you've managed to mention the fact in a thread that's nothing to do with her, so maybe you're not so exempt from the weird phenomenon as you think;)

Well not really, I've not gone in to the passionate dislike I have for her, merely mentioned that my life has no subsequent qualities due to it. I had to think about someone I truly disliked to even mention it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They remind me off the Jonas Brothers but are not related............

The only reason why I think that they are hated is that *in another voice* "why do they have so much success when I know bands/artists who are working their bums off and are much better and should be successful too?"

And also their fans. When you say something that they do not agree with on Twitter they will use foul language (homophobic too) and always give out statistical data on how much they sold.
    (Sometimes sales does not equal the quality of music)

For me personally, I'm not to fussed about them. Their song might come on TV and I might tap my fingers along to the beat. That's about it. I just think that it's their time now. In a few years, it will die down and it will be another artists'/bands' time. The cycle will repeat
  • Options
    SoupietwistSoupietwist Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CM wrote: »
    It's called UK jealously anyone that does well people in UK hate that. :cool:

I've noticed that most of the negativity I've seen directed at The Beatles on this forum generally seems to come from people who post positively about One Direction.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should have changed record labels. Releasing a cover as the only single from an album was a bad idea :rolleyes: I don't think Syco are all that good a label.

It certainly isn't - look at how they treated Shayne Ward and what is happening to Leona Lewis right now. Walsh actually threatened Simon he will transfer Westlife in 2006 to Universal, but unfortunately, he never went through with it. They did left Syco a year before the split, but it was way too late because the guys were to fed up with all the mistreatment, lack of proper promo, never touring outside UK/Ireland,Simon's canceling the 2nd single at the last minute etc...

Simon works this way: as long as he is interested and as long as you are hugely popular, he will care for you... but as soon as he finds something else (like him trying to create US X Factor), he will not care for the act anymore. I'm sure this will happen to 1D at some point...
  • Options
    SoupietwistSoupietwist Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Your the same person who started the 'Llama Del Rag' thread...also one quick look at your posting history shows you post a lot of negative comments about artists...
  • Options
    StephenmarraStephenmarra Posts: 837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

After reading the post above, a quick check of your posting history. You certainly whitter on about what you dislike rather than posting positively about what you like.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member

I'm not a fan of Adele either, but I see that she is a great musician, even if I don't like her music. But in One Direction I don't see anything that represents music, just dollars! That's why people hate them and not just " their music".
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the reasons for dislike of 1D can be covered in the following 2 points:

1. They are ridiculously over hyped
    2. ... but they arent very talented.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    After reading the post above, a quick check of your posting history. You certainly whitter on about what you dislike rather than posting positively about what you like.

Imagine having enough time to check through someone's posting history LOOOOL
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm not a fan of Adele either, but I see that she is a great musician, even if I don't like her music. But in One Direction I don't see anything that represents music, just dollars! That's why people hate them and not just " their music".

BUT much like Adele they do make music and that music is enjoyed by a particular fan base. If its not your "dollars" then why are you so bothered? I
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    I don't hate them.
    As a granny I have to admit that there are one or two of their songs I really like. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Your the same person who started the 'Llama Del Rag' thread...also one quick look at your posting history shows you post a lot of negative comments about artists...

That wasn't a hate thread detailing the hatred I felt for her (I'd only ever heard one song) just a thread asking people's opinions. The threads about One Direction normally turn into a free for all of nastiness criticising their looks, talent, morals, everything, when I just wonder why people care to hate so much?