Options

Paris Brown Police Advisor aged 17

HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/apr/07/police-commissioner-backs-teenage-adviser

They didn't check her out very thoroughly did they?

I would get rid of her personally but I don't think that woman who appointed her wants to lose face. They were on TV the other day and she was saying the girl was brilliant. I am horrified that someone like her can be getting paid £15K a year when she's obviously pulled the wool over their eyes.

Comments

• Options
    Barry_JohnsonBarry_Johnson Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she only got the job because she's a fat chav.
  • Options
    NatgarNatgar Posts: 2,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/apr/07/police-commissioner-backs-teenage-adviser

I would get rid of her personally but I don't think that woman who appointed her wants to lose face. They were on TV the other day and she was saying the girl was brilliant. I am horrified that someone like her can be getting paid £15K a year when she's obviously pulled the wool over their eyes.

She keeps on excusing it by saying Paris is/was young - I however never behaved that way at 17 yet alone 14 and not all teens do.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Waste of money... both of them.
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she only got the job because she's a fat chav.

A horny one too apparently. :D
  • Options
    FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like an entirely pointless job so it seems almost suitable that they've picked a moron to do it.
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22058082

Do you know, I never get this "oh well, she made a mistake" stuff. Fact is if she'd kept her thoughts to herself (at whatever age) and not made it all public then she wouldn't be in this situation now. She only has herself to blame.

And she doesn't look to me as though "she is maturing fast". She looks like someone who has been caught out and can't believe her bad luck.
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Emma Chawner would probably do a better job.
  • Options
    CitySlickerCitySlicker Posts: 10,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The odd thing is she's effectively been had by the Mail on Sunday - this is her Twitter status yesterday https://twitter.com/YouthPCC/status/320495239016099840
  • Options
    ba_baracusba_baracus Posts: 3,236
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is the deal with her eyebrows? :confused:
  • Options
    lynwood3lynwood3 Posts: 24,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She isn't 'eyebrow' enough
  • Options
    DomJollyDomJolly Posts: 1,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Straight out of In The Thick Of It

She's obviously way to young for this job, which in itself is a pointless job

Waste of tax payers money, and all her integrity just went out of the window
  • Options
    D*****D***** Posts: 3,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Feel bad for her.

A lot of what teenagers put on social media exaggerates sex and drugs and things like that. Self esteem, to create an image, I don't know... but a lot of teens do it. Feel very sorry that she's been humiliated and hung out to dry by the Mail.
  • Options
    DomJollyDomJolly Posts: 1,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D***** wrote: »
    Feel bad for her.

A lot of what teenagers put on social media exaggerates sex and drugs and things like that. Self esteem, to create an image, I don't know... but a lot of teens do it. Feel very sorry that she's been humiliated and hung out to dry by the Mail.

You can add racism and homophobia to her list
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DM getting outraged about someone slagging off gay people and immigrants . Irony alert:rolleyes:
  • Options
    LibitinaLibitina Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ba_baracus wrote: »
    What is the deal with her eyebrows? :confused:

:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,794
    Forum Member
    Not surprised to read this the police and crime commissioners are a farcical waste of time anyway.
  • Options
    Ted MurrayTed Murray Posts: 89
    Forum Member
    D***** wrote: »
    Feel bad for her.

She probably sits at home all day in her comfy slippers knitting jumpers and watching recordings of Songs of Praise.
  • Options
    Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The role of Police Commissioner is a joke, and after the farcical goings on with the Lincolnshire one, there will be plenty more stories of how out of touch they are.
  • Options
    FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TOONARMY12 wrote: »
    DM getting outraged about someone slagging off gay people and immigrants . Irony alert:rolleyes:

Yeah, in some of the tweets she sounds exactly like a Mail on Sunday reader.
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Waste of money... both of them.

To be fair, some reports seem to be suggesting that Anne Barnes is paying her out of her own wages so I guess, if that's the case, there's no additional cost but it still seems like a waste of time to employ somebody in this capacity at all, IMO.
  • Options
    tghe-retfordtghe-retford Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Without condoning such tweets, let's hope this case isn't used by the right wing tabloids to remove young people from any influence of UK politics. I am sure there'll be some with vested interests in removing such influence because they wish to impose cuts on young people.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Adviser my backside.

It's all PR to make the Police seem in touch with the youth of today. It's quite ironic that that the person chosen to represent the youth of today has some very archaic and narrow minded views.
    This is yet another reminder why NOT to express any personal opinions on Twitter and Facebook - they may come back to haunt you!
  • Options
    heikerheiker Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member

and she could have covered all the Police Forces in the country :rolleyes:
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,980
    Forum Member
    Without condoning such tweets, let's hope this case isn't used by the right wing tabloids to remove young people from any influence of UK politics. I am sure there'll be some with vested interests in removing such influence because they wish to impose cuts on young people.
    Why go after a young girl in such a way?! They were 2-3 year old tweets and what she posted is what most of the kids the police want to engage say in the school playground or in the street. She looks suited to the role.
    And the tabloids wonder why we want them controlled!