Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 8)

Comments

• Dandeman2010xDandeman2010x Posts: 883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everybody knows, but they don't know everybody else knows!!!!

And this is what has completely ruined the storyline in my eyes. I appreciate the writers were trying to do a 'twist' on the usual 'big reveal' but all this drawn out process has done has detracted from the impact.

So ...

Kylie and Nick committed the act and knew.
    Lewis found out and thus knew.
    Gail found out what Lewis knew and that David didn't know.
    Sally found out what Gail knew about what Lewis knew.
    Kylie and Nick found out that Sally knew what Gail knew about what Lewis knew about the affair.
    David found out what had happened and that Gail knew, but did not know that Lewis or Sally knew. Nobody knew at this stage that David knew anything.
    David told Tina so Tina then knew.
    Nick found out that David knew what they had done and that he knew Gail knew. No-one knew at this stage that Nick knew that David knew what had happened and that Nick knew that David knew that Gail knew. Nobody apart from David knew at this stage that Tina knew.
    *Nick goes in coma*
    Nobody knows if Nick knows anymore.
    Kylie finds out that Nick still knew and told Gail, so both Kylie and Gail then that Nick knew. Nobody else knew at this stage that Kylie and Gail knew that Nick knew again.
    David found out that Nick still knew that he knew and told Tina that Nick knew that he knew. David did not know that Kylie and Gail also knew that Nick still knew.
    Kylie found a DNA test and knew that David must know something.
    Kylie told Nick that David must know, so Nick then knew that Kylie knew that David knew, but Nick told her that David didn't know, even though he knew that David knew what had happened and that Gail knew. David, Tina and Gail didn't know at this stage that Kylie knew that David might know about the affair.
    Kylie finds out that Nick must know more than he is letting on and confronts him, so Nick tells her he knew that David knew what had happened and that he knew David knew that Gail knew all along.

:confused::rolleyes:
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must have missed the bit where it was OK for Stella, Gloria and Eva to move into Kevin's house - the one they borrowed when the pub burned down - what if he came back tomorrow, where would they live?

Stella asked Sally about it
  • rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    Stella spoke to Sally about it

For about 10 seconds, I wish all lease agreements were that easier. It took longer to get Steve to pay for the furniture than it did for Stella's lot to rent a house.
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The way Stella moved out and Steve moved in was very weird. Stella & the rest walked out the downstairs living room and handed Steve the keys and that was it. There was no proper goodbye to the pub, no Under New Ownership banner, no tearful one last look back, nothing. I know they are still staying on the same street so haven't gone far but it was as if they were only there for a couple of weeks not a couple of years. It was all a bit underwhelming.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They spent quite a fortune refurnishing the pub to look the same too.

They didn't want to take any belongings/furniture with them to their new house from the pub?

Edit - Oh, I see. Steve bought the furniture? :D
  • mrsdaisychainmrsdaisychain Posts: 3,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And this is what has completely ruined the storyline in my eyes. I appreciate the writers were trying to do a 'twist' on the usual 'big reveal' but all this drawn out process has done has detracted from the impact.

So ...

Kylie and Nick found out that Sally knew what Gail knew about what Lewis knew about the affair.
    David found out what had happened and that Gail knew, but did not know that Lewis or Sally knew. Nobody knew at this stage that David knew anything.
    Nick found out that David knew what they had done and that he knew Gail knew. No-one knew at this stage that Nick knew that David knew what had happened and that Nick knew that David knew that Gail knew. Nobody apart from David knew at this stage that Tina knew.
    *Nick goes in coma*
    Kylie finds out that Nick still knew and told Gail, so both Kylie and Gail then that Nick knew. Nobody else knew at this stage that Kylie and Gail knew that Nick knew again.
    David found out that Nick still knew that he knew and told Tina that Nick knew that he knew. David did not know that Kylie and Gail also knew that Nick still knew.
    Kylie told Nick that David must know, so Nick then knew that Kylie knew that David knew, but Nick told her that David didn't know, even though he knew that David knew what had happened and that Gail knew. David, Tina and Gail didn't know at this stage that Kylie knew that David might know about the affair.
    Kylie finds out that Nick must know more than he is letting on and confronts him, so Nick tells her he knew that David knew what had happened and that he knew David knew that Gail knew all along.

That has just made my week, how funny.
  • Amazee-DayzeeAmazee-Dayzee Posts: 1,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not even bothering with the storyline anymore.
    I want the baby to be Nick's, but of course the baby is gonna end up being David's.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    Liz has been living in Spain for quite a while. Tina has been living in Coronation Street for quite a while. So why is Tina tanned to the nth degree and Liz not tanned at all?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That has just made my week, how funny.

t'was brilliant although half way through the word 'knew' started looking really funny to me.

the bit I find most odd, is that David must know that Kylie knows, yet he seems intent on her not finding out, as if he thinks she doesn't know? Or is it just that he doesn't want her to know that he knows, but why not?
  • peaches41peaches41 Posts: 5,652
    Forum Member
    Liz has been living in Spain for quite a while. Tina has been living in Coronation Street for quite a while. So why is Tina tanned to the nth degree and Liz not tanned at all?

Because as Tracey pointed out she spends her time wondering which shade of orange to paint herself today:D
  • rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    peaches41 wrote: »
    Because as Tracey pointed out she spends her time wondering which shade of orange to paint herself today:D

:D There were three lines that actually made me laugh out loud in Corrie last night (I think they were all yesterdays episodes but I watched Wednesday, Sunday and Mondays episodes in one sitting so I might be confused), Tracey's line to Tina, Liz's quip to Own about Eddie and Norris saying 'you rang' :D
  • chestfieldchestfield Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But why didn't the DNA test say say 50% horse; 50% a**ehole ?
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member

So ...

*Nick goes in coma*

Poor Leanne. Not knowing nowt.
  • MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As Dave Clark Five put it many years ago - Everybody Knows (but they hadn't heard of Leanne then!).
  • revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    syncage wrote: »
    the bit I find most odd, is that David must know that Kylie knows, yet he seems intent on her not finding out, as if he thinks she doesn't know? Or is it just that he doesn't want her to know that he knows, but why not?

He's worried she'll find about him terrorising Nick for months with all the dodgy hate mail, breaking into the flat and wrecking it etc, and is worried she'll then be convinced he deliberately tried to murder Nick. I think. They're not exactly making things clear, the writing is very slapdash.
  • Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    They spent quite a fortune refurnishing the pub to look the same too.

They didn't want to take any belongings/furniture with them to their new house from the pub?

Edit - Oh, I see. Steve bought the furniture? :D
    Yes, Stella said she was moving into a furnished house so didn't want thre furniture an haggled with Steve for another £100 more than Steve wanted to pay.
  • Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    I'm not even bothering with the storyline anymore.
    I want the baby to be Nick's, but of course the baby is gonna end up being David's.

We got the DNA result last night, so we know who the father is.
  • callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So Corrie keeps up the same tired plot device with them discovering secret letters in the most stupid way. So David somehow dropped it in the hospital when having his scuffle with Nick, then Gail hides it in the DVD box, which Kylie and Eva just so happen to borrow, which just so happens to fall to the floor and just to happens to spring open to reveal the contents. Out of all the DVD boxes.

Makes you wonder why Corrie characters bother keeping secrets, it always comes out in the dumbest ways.
  • AKFEAKFE Posts: 6,875
    Forum Member
    chestfield wrote: »
    But why didn't the DNA test say say 50% horse; 50% a**ehole ?

Although I'm not sure why half horse, this REALLY made me laugh! Thank you!
  • miavivmiaviv Posts: 3,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The most important letter David's probably ever received and he doesn't even make sure he still has it when he leaves the hospital...... eeerrr, yeah right, like that's really going to happen. I know the plot wouldn't move along without this slip up but this is so ridiculous that it had me shouting at the telly!
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janet43 wrote: »
    Yes, Stella said she was moving into a furnished house so didn't want thre furniture an haggled with Steve for another £100 more than Steve wanted to pay.

Which just shows what sort of businessman he is - he can't recognise a golden opportunity to get the price dropped.
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So ...

*Nick goes in coma*

LOL!!!:D:D:D

Don't forget Audrey and Simon.

As it happens Tracey finds out.
    She tells Deirdre.....
    who tells Liz......
    who tells Michelle......
    who tells Steve......
    who tells LLoyd......
    who tells Jenna......
    who tells Sophie......
    who tells Sally......
    who emails Kevin and rings and tells.....
    Tyrone ......
    who tells Fiz......
    who tells Chesney
    who tells Katie
    who tells Anna.....
    who tells Owen.....
    who tells Izzy.....
    Faye who tells......
    Simon who tells...
    Peter who tells ...
    Carla who....................?
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    ewoodie wrote: »
    Don't forget Audrey and Simon.

As it happens Tracey finds out.
    She tells Deirdre.....
    who tells Liz......
    who tells Michelle......
    who tells Steve......
    who tells LLoyd......
    who tells Jenna......
    who tells Sophie......
    who tells Sally......
    who emails Kevin and rings and tells.....
    Tyrone ......
    who tells Fiz......
    who tells Chesney
    who tells Katie
    who tells Anna.....
    who tells Owen.....
    who tells Izzy.....
    Faye who tells......
    Simon who tells...
    Peter who tells ...
    Carla who....................?
    ...sees Maria across the street, who tells Marcus and Ozzy. :p

Just read Tommeh's exit on the DS front page. I mean...
    Ridiculous. Are we meant to believe he would just pack up and leave the love of his life? Just because David has moved in, who obviously needs to cool off and won't come inbetween both of them. Tommeh said after Tina's labour he would stand by her; this exit just takes SOR to another level.

Guess I need to see this played out before criticising it any further.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know how anybody would be on David's side after he shouted at Nick on his hospital bed after he found out he was the dad and not Nick, after all. Bad.:mad:
  • IWasBoredIWasBored Posts: 3,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HollyC wrote: »
    I think it might be to do with the fact that Tyrone wasn't named as Ruby's father on the birth certificate, whereas David was.

Thank you. How did Kevin manage to get DNA evidence that he was the father to Molly's baby?
This discussion has been closed.