Loose women

13»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    They need to get rid of some of the ladies that spout the same old rubbish day after day (Lisa flaming Maxwell for a start)

Jamelia does shoot from the hip ... quite refreshing, but she mucked up yesterday.

I disagree - Jamelia should go!! She should not be on loose women - she is not articulate enough - she seems to take forever trying to get her words out, she is very frustrating to watch. Get rid of her and get Jane MacDonald back.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    Trigger64 wrote: »
    I disagree - Jamelia should go!! She should not be on loose women - she is not articulate enough - she seems to take forever trying to get her words out, she is very frustrating to watch. Get rid of her and get Jane MacDonald back.

Birds of a feather day was very enjoyable - really lovely having the birds on the panel - I think Pauline Quirke and Lesley Joseph would make great loose women.
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tomorrow is Andrea, someone, Myleene and Sherrie. Definitely one to miss!
  • jioscarjioscar Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish they would get rid of Jane Moore >:(
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jioscar wrote: »
    I wish they would get rid of Jane Moore >:(

I prefer her to a lot of them, she's got half a brain and strong opinions which is more than most. She's always so bloody dour though :(
  • RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Carol McGiffin left Loose Women, AFAIK, there was no mention of the fact that she had left or any reason given as to why.

I had assumed that she had left on bad terms, but it now looks like she had breast cancer and told nobody but Lynda Bellingham.

Very sad, I hope she pulls through ok.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When Carol McGiffin left Loose Women, AFAIK, there was no mention of the fact that she had left or any reason given as to why.

I had assumed that she had left on bad terms, but it now looks like she had breast cancer and told nobody but Lynda Bellingham.

Carol left LW a while before she learned she had cancer. I think she was aware that her contributions had gone a bit stale and it was time for a break. I remember saying at the time I thought it was probably the right thing to do but hoped she'd return when she felt more 'refreshed'. Still hope that's the case, although she may be one who never looks back. Fair enough, if so.

Her close friends knew, including some from LW but she only told Lynda Bellingham at the 'last minute', when they all had a gathering to celebrate Lynda's book launch and it was difficult to hide.
  • David MillsDavid Mills Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She left the show long before and I don't see what difference it makes to tell yourself a story that it happened differently than it was made all the more wore because of the disease she had gone through.

Whether she was sick or not she still may have left on bad terms, she needs hope and well wishes on her health not gossip over how she dealt with it, from what it seems she dealt with it in a strong, private way in order to avoid people gossiping about her and drawing their own conclusions.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She left the show long before and I don't see what difference it makes to tell yourself a story that it happened differently than it was made all the more wore because of the disease she had gone through.

Whether she was sick or not she still may have left on bad terms, she needs hope and well wishes on her health not gossip over how she dealt with it, from what it seems she dealt with it in a strong, private way in order to avoid people gossiping about her and drawing their own conclusions.

Nonsensical drivel.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    Carol left LW a while before she learned she had cancer. I think she was aware that her contributions had gone a bit stale and it was time for a break. I remember saying at the time I thought it was probably the right thing to do but hoped she'd return when she felt more 'refreshed'. Still hope that's the case, although she may be one who never looks back. Fair enough, if so.

Her close friends knew, including some from LW but she only told Lynda Bellingham at the 'last minute', when they all had a gathering to celebrate Lynda's book launch and it was difficult to hide.

Thanks for clarifying that, much appreciated.
  • Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jackie Collins is the guest today. What a wreck!
    With all that money at her disposal, wouldn't you think she could afford a stylist or someone to make the best of her? That thick black eyeliner and straw hair sticking out at the back is NOT a good look.
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With all that money at her disposal, wouldn't you think she could afford a stylist or someone to make the best of her? That thick black eyeliner and straw hair sticking out at the back is NOT a good look.

I think she's lost weight or something so looks a bit iller than usual. She is 77 though and still looks quite good for it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anybody know why Mondays episode is missing from Catch Up?

Did something happen yesterday that they don't want to repeat??
  • WhyIsTVSoAwfulWhyIsTVSoAwful Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

...well, I guess, in hindsight, you weren't to know.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...well, I guess, in hindsight, you weren't to know.

Exactly. If I had known, I certainly wouldn't have commented.

However, I'm watching again today and, to me, Sherrie Hewson's face is looking very peculiar. Whatever has she done to it?
  • thomscnthomscn Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly. If I had known, I certainly wouldn't have commented.

However, I'm watching again today and, to me, Sherrie Hewson's face is looking very peculiar. Whatever has she done to it?

She has more heads than Wurzel Gummage :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hilary Devey is on today. Is she a transgender person?