Capaldi "exhausted" and leaving after one series?

123457»

Comments

• inspector drakeinspector drake Posts: 910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mccollough wrote: »
    I don't know about that. He actively pursued the role, emailing rtd before it was even greenlit. He had problems with production staff. But ive met him a couple of times at events, not only was he happy to talk about and enthusiastic about dr who, but he remembered my name the second time too;
    Koquillion wrote: »
    Oh no he did'nt.

You blame CE for new Doctors being asked how long they intend to remain in the part. As I then pointed out PD was asked how long he intended to stay in the part when he accepted the role. Asking incoming Doctors how long they intend to stay in the role pre-dates CE by a number of Doctors and a number of years and is nothing new. Why you want to turn this into a yet another unjustified and off topic dig at CE is beyond me. CE did one utterly brilliant series and left. Get over it.

Blame fans...or blame journalists that ask the questions that they think fans want to know...
    Jesus Christ! Doctor Who fans are saying nice things about Christopher Eccleston! Things must be serious!
  • be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    Blame Eccleston.
    No, it's the showrunner's responsibility to secure talent. RTD allowed Christopher Eccleston to sign a contract for just one year.

Does anyone here actually know how long Capaldi's contract lasts?
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Oh, it’s a proper blockbuster this episode, so many explosions that Peter Capaldi came in on his day off to watch the Daleks blowing up! I like a Doctor who revels in the destruction of evil in his downtime…"

No wonder he's exhausted, coming in to work on his off days ;-) :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    CD93 wrote: »
    No wonder he's exhausted, coming in to work on his off days ;-) :D

This shows just how dedicated he is to the show :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This shows just how dedicated he is to the show :)

Speaking of
    "Gracepoint" star David Tennant, who played the Tenth Doctor on the series, has spoken with Capaldi about the role. "I'm so excited to see him and he's been in touch a lot and had such a great time," Tennant tells Zap2it during the summer TV press tour. "His enthusiasm is infectious for it."
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Doctor has been busy, he needs a well due, deserved rest at some point:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sandydune wrote: »
    The Doctor has been busy, he needs a well due, deserved rest at some point:D

Lets hope they don't send them around the world in the break between filming Series 8 and Christmas.

Oh :(
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CD93 wrote:
    Lets hope they don't send them around the world in the break between filming Series 8 and Christmas.

Oh :(
    In how many days?:D
  • FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    Well he can't be that exhausted as he seems to be doing the voice-over for Anchor butter adverts.