Options

Too bleeding hot

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,990
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Is anyone else really feeling the heat tonight?

I feel like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LrQnMzZId8

from 4 minutes.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently it's 72% humidity
  • Options
    NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really, you thought the forum needed yet another thread moaning about the mildly warm weather?
  • Options
    balthasarbalthasar Posts: 2,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NX-74205 wrote: »
    Really, you thought the forum needed yet another thread moaning about the mildly warm weather?

If only someone could find a link between aircraft safety and warm weather, and combine the two in a thread.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,944
    Forum Member
    NX-74205 wrote: »

Indeed. I think it may be Katie Hopkins fault.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    Well I appreciate the weather threads even if nobody else doesn't as they are of huge help to anyone who doesn't have a window they can look out of.
  • Options
    Jasper92Jasper92 Posts: 1,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As someone who suffers from horrific Raynaud's, there's no such thing as it being too hot. More of the same, pretty please.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,944
    Forum Member
    Well I appreciate the weather threads even if nobody else doesn't as they are of huge help to anyone who doesn't have a window they can look out of.

Or people who have lost the ability to detect temperature, think of those poor souls.
  • Options
    SaigoSaigo Posts: 7,893
    Forum Member
    So, is the plan for every FM to start a thread specifically about them and how hot they feel?

Is that the standard of discussion we have reached?
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On a very hot bus yesterday lunch time stuck in road works was not the ideal place to be.
  • Options
    Madridista23Madridista23 Posts: 9,422
    Forum Member
    At least we can't say we haven't had a summer this year.... as is
    usually the case. :cool:
  • Options
    late8late8 Posts: 7,175
    Forum Member
    Only Fatties suffer - too much padding.

As the majority are overweight now = more people moaning about being too hot.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    it's been nice lately, but cooler now, and unsettled tomorrow, with bit of wind..more showers in the week for us, but staying warm..i hate hot stuff buildings to work in though, and wearing those horrid NHS cleaning uniforms are sticky to wear :(
  • Options
    TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    FANNY_ANNE wrote: »
    Is anyone else really feeling the heat tonight?

I feel like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LrQnMzZId8

from 4 minutes.

i cant stand this heat either, was out in it for over 8 hours today, was drinking water like it was going out of fashion
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    late8 wrote: »

Rubbish.

I know as many people who are thin, who dislike this heat, as I know fatties.
  • Options
    Corkhead.Corkhead. Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    This summer is a doddle. For those who either weren't alive, or are too young to remember, the summer of 1976 stuffed this year's weather into a cocked hat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1976_United_Kingdom_heat_wave

I remember it well, if only for the time I was serving on a frigate that was undergoing trials at the Portland naval ranges. On one particular day, when the outside temperature was about 35 deg C, the ventilation broke down. 260 men working in a steel container that swiftly became an oven. The cooks in the galley and the engineers in the engine spaces had it worst. They would have been about 10-15 degrees hotter than the rest of the ship, which was suffocatingly hot.

My attitude to this year....? I rig a hammock in the garden in the shade of the tree, have a cold beer and then a snooze. I'm enjoying the warm weather while it lasts. It will be winter soon enough and then we'll grumble about the rain and cold.

The British. Never happy, are we..? <wry smile>
  • Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's quite high up in this part of the country, so we more often than not have a nice breeze.
  • Options
    1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's supposed to be getting a bit cooler tonight here in Somerset - hope so!
  • Options
    Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was 28 yesterday and work was unbearable. Also it was so humid last night I was sweating as much as two women doing judo in the Commonwealth Games.
  • Options
    SpotSpot Posts: 25,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    late8 wrote: »

Absolute nonsense. i am not overweight, and actually i am not suffering except in the sense that i find it unpleasant.

This is the point I find many people just don't get. There are some of us who just don't enjoy heat and sun. it isn't that we aren't able to cope, there is no medical issue although many do of-course have such problems. But some of us don't and still dislike the heat.
  • Options
    U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1fab wrote: »
    It's supposed to be getting a bit cooler tonight here in Somerset - hope so!

We had thunder and lightning this afternoon.Big breeze came in at the same time.Since then temps have taken a big tumble,much more comfortable now.Got my windows and doors open,letting all the heat flood out.:)
  • Options
    rattierattie Posts: 7,050
    Forum Member
    Spot wrote: »
    Absolute nonsense. i am not overweight, and actually i am not suffering except in the sense that i find it unpleasant.

This is the point I find many people just don't get. There are some of us who just don't enjoy heat and sun. it isn't that we aren't able to cope, there is no medical issue although many do of-course have such problems. But some of us don't and still dislike the heat.

Well put. Personally I loathe it. Disturbed uncomfortable nights, sweating when trying to use a hairdryer (haha, lots of frizzy bad hair days of late), sweltering when cooking food and you have ovens and hobs going, being sticky and uncomfortable all the time....and I'm not fat either!
    Being bitten by insects and scratching all the time, getting stuck on boiling hot trains, etc.....there's no escape.
    Can't for the life of me understand what's to like about any of it.

Being in an air conditioned car or the freezer dept of Tesco is about the only time I feel human :o:D
  • Options
    1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    U96 wrote: »
    We had thunder and lightning this afternoon.Big breeze came in at the same time.Since then temps have taken a big tumble,much more comfortable now.Got my windows and doors open,letting all the heat flood out.:)

Sounds good - hoping our temperatures drop rapidly soon too. :)
  • Options
    lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    It's probably teh Muzlims or Romanians bringing their un-British weather over here and wanting to impose it on the rest of us! Or a conspiracy by the Malaysians. Or benefit claimants hoarding all the rain.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    U96 wrote: »

Lucky you, I'm dreaming of that!

All I've done today is hop in and out of a cold shower, drip dry and do it again. Have just noticed that my skin is cool, but inside I'm burning, despite sipping iced water.
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    I wish someone would come up with ways of cooling people down like a fan for example, it would save having the many threads we're getting on this subject.
This discussion has been closed.